Really hoping for 1080p for COD Ghost on Xbox One.

#1parthos566Posted 10/24/2013 5:35:21 PM
It just got confirmed for PS4 that it will be running at 1080p, hopefully we can get some clarification on the Xbox One end.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/24/adam-boyes-confirms-call-of-duty-ghosts-is-native-1080p-on-ps4/
---
PSN: Mastadope42
#2TheKing012Posted 10/24/2013 5:41:26 PM
not a good sign that they can't even get a cross-gen title like COD: Ghosts to run at 1080p on Xbox One.

the hardware issues seem to be worse than previously expected.
#3Dr WhoopassPosted 10/24/2013 5:43:13 PM
Considering COD looks like it was built for PS3/360 and looks nowhere near as next-gen as BF4, I am calling shenanigans on this rumor.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#4parthos566(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 5:49:12 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
Considering COD looks like it was built for PS3/360 and looks nowhere near as next-gen as BF4, I am calling shenanigans on this rumor.

Well there is two ways you can look at this either good or bad, good being that this means that the Xbox One version could be a native 1080p. Or bad because this means that the X1 might 720p. So far this "rumor" is turning out half true as the PS4 version is native 1080p, hoping that the X1 will match parity with the PS4 counterpart.
---
#5TonyMontana916Posted 10/24/2013 6:01:59 PM
Honestly all this dodging is kinda making me worried that it is indeed 720p. It is just a rumor but you'd think someone would have come out already and said look guys it is 1080p native on Xbox One as well.

Either A. They're still working on the Xbox One version and trying they're hardest to get it up to 1080p before launch on the 22nd.

or B. It is 720p native and they're letting the cat come out of the bag when it releases instead of announcing it and potentially losing major sales on the title because of the resolution difference.

If it is 720p though, I wanna know how in the world a game that looks and runs like black ops II on PS4 to me can't get up to 1080p on Xbox One when NBA2k14 and Forza 5 can hit those marks just fine. Either there has to be something going on with the OS or console or the freaking game is unoptimized for this gen and PS4 just has enough juice to put out the 1080p regardless whether it's been optimized or not.

BF4 I can understand. I expect a 720p for xbox one and possibly a 900p for PS4 for that title. But that's a monster of a game honestly. CoD Ghost though from the newest footage shown on PS4 looks like black ops II to me lol and my 660ti GPU can handle black ops II at 1080p 60fps without a hitch easily. I seriously think these devs are getting rushed to make deadline and have to make some sacrifices to meet those deadlines as well.

I think Microsoft at this point should have come out in Feb. or something. Even giving Sony the 2-3 months head start, at least it would give some time to these devs to optimize these games for the system.
---
My Big Boss Emblem, Achieved 6/21/2008 http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0500wx6.jpg
3DS FC = 2277 6647 0831
#6TheKing012Posted 10/24/2013 6:02:05 PM
I doubt it's going to end up being 1080p at this point.

the very fact that they have yet to address the 720p rumor, when all it would take is a simple five second tweet disproving it, is reason enough to believe the insider leaks are true.
#7Foxx3kPosted 10/24/2013 6:04:46 PM
TonyMontana916 posted...
Honestly all this dodging is kinda making me worried that it is indeed 720p. It is just a rumor but you'd think someone would have come out already and said look guys it is 1080p native on Xbox One as well.

Either A. They're still working on the Xbox One version and trying they're hardest to get it up to 1080p before launch on the 22nd.

or B. It is 720p native and they're letting the cat come out of the bag when it releases instead of announcing it and potentially losing major sales on the title because of the resolution difference.

If it is 720p though, I wanna know how in the world a game that looks and runs like black ops II on PS4 to me can't get up to 1080p on Xbox One when NBA2k14 and Forza 5 can hit those marks just fine. Either there has to be something going on with the OS or console or the freaking game is unoptimized for this gen and PS4 just has enough juice to put out the 1080p regardless whether it's been optimized or not.

BF4 I can understand. I expect a 720p for xbox one and possibly a 900p for PS4 for that title. But that's a monster of a game honestly. CoD Ghost though from the newest footage shown on PS4 looks like black ops II to me lol and my 660ti GPU can handle black ops II at 1080p 60fps without a hitch easily. I seriously think these devs are getting rushed to make deadline and have to make some sacrifices to meet those deadlines as well.

I think Microsoft at this point should have come out in Feb. or something. Even giving Sony the 2-3 months head start, at least it would give some time to these devs to optimize these games for the system.

C. They think it's bad form or would set a bad precedent to address baseless accusations.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8parthos566(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 6:07:55 PM
TonyMontana916 posted...

Apparently I think it has something to do with mega textures and the RAM of the PS4 being faster.
---
#9SonyPonyTonyPosted 10/24/2013 6:08:18 PM
Foxx3k posted...
TonyMontana916 posted...

C. They think it's bad form or would set a bad precedent to address baseless accusations.

This. I don't think they need to kowtow to some neckbeards from NeoGaf for starting rumors. Now if they had a source or something legitimate then yeah, dispell the rumors, but troll rumors don't need to be bothered with
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#10parthos566(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 6:11:08 PM
Foxx3k posted...
TonyMontana916 posted...

Yeah, but seeing as how MS is kinda still on damage control you'd think they would come out with some type of PR statement. I mean Sony has confirmed 1080p on their end hope MS will do the same.
---