Really hoping for 1080p for COD Ghost on Xbox One.

#21parthos566(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:03:34 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Foxx3k posted...
parthos566 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
TonyMontana916 posted...
Honestly all this dodging is kinda making me worried that it is indeed 720p. It is just a rumor but you'd think someone would have come out already and said look guys it is 1080p native on Xbox One as well.

Either A. They're still working on the Xbox One version and trying they're hardest to get it up to 1080p before launch on the 22nd.

or B. It is 720p native and they're letting the cat come out of the bag when it releases instead of announcing it and potentially losing major sales on the title because of the resolution difference.

If it is 720p though, I wanna know how in the world a game that looks and runs like black ops II on PS4 to me can't get up to 1080p on Xbox One when NBA2k14 and Forza 5 can hit those marks just fine. Either there has to be something going on with the OS or console or the freaking game is unoptimized for this gen and PS4 just has enough juice to put out the 1080p regardless whether it's been optimized or not.

BF4 I can understand. I expect a 720p for xbox one and possibly a 900p for PS4 for that title. But that's a monster of a game honestly. CoD Ghost though from the newest footage shown on PS4 looks like black ops II to me lol and my 660ti GPU can handle black ops II at 1080p 60fps without a hitch easily. I seriously think these devs are getting rushed to make deadline and have to make some sacrifices to meet those deadlines as well.

I think Microsoft at this point should have come out in Feb. or something. Even giving Sony the 2-3 months head start, at least it would give some time to these devs to optimize these games for the system.

C. They think it's bad form or would set a bad precedent to address baseless accusations.

Yeah, but seeing as how MS is kinda still on damage control you'd think they would come out with some type of PR statement. I mean Sony has confirmed 1080p on their end hope MS will do the same.

Microsoft never responds to rumors or speculations.

BS, the Albert is all the time responding to claims and rumors on Gaf

Foxx is going to twist this around, it will probably be like this "Well that's not MS as a company OFFICIALLY stating that, or even at that and they do he will go on to say well the dev's haven't stated it yet so take their word for it lol." Really it's predictable.
---
PSN: Mastadope42
#22Foxx3kPosted 10/24/2013 7:37:42 PM
parthos566 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Foxx is going to twist this around, it will probably be like this "Well that's not MS as a company OFFICIALLY stating that, or even at that and they do he will go on to say well the dev's haven't stated it yet so take their word for it lol." Really it's predictable.

The spirit of what you're saying is correct.

It's predictable because it's logically congruent. Dwell on that.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#23kingofjamaicaPosted 10/24/2013 8:12:22 PM
Maybe CoD: Ghosts is doing something really GPU intensive that makes it so it can't run 1080p60. I do know they use dynamic tessellation. Sorry, "Sub-D."

Could just be optimization issues too. No one on the Xbox One side of things commenting does support earlier claims that the game, unoptimized, couldn't even manage 20fps.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#24parthos566(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 8:13:28 PM
Foxx3k posted...
parthos566 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

The spirit of what you're saying is correct.

It's predictable because it's logically congruent. Dwell on that.

I think it is more so that IW and MS is staying quiet on the subject for this console while its counterpart is confirmed 1080p. Typically in marketing, you want to advertise the good things, and everything else (usually negative) is left to discovery ESPECIALLY when you have direct competition. The competition in this case is a very-well marketed BF4. The silence tells us one of two things. The X1 version of the game is not going to be 1080p, and will either stay that way or the game is technically not finished and will be in a future patch (hopefully day one).

Either way, we can treat the resolution as a benchmark for how much is going to be happening in the game at one time per console. So, since CoD passed QA running 1080p it's safe to say that under the development methods, more can be added in referencing to textures and details without a need to degrade any other quality of the game. In the inverse on the X1, it can also be said that since the target resolution could not be met (again, under the prescribed development methods), the game has maxed out the hardware's current capabilities, and the addition of more detail is not possible.

With that said, I think the reason why the game doesn't look as good as it should might be because an obvious graphical difference between two versions of the game would be bad for sales overall.
---
PSN: Mastadope42