Canceled my PS4 pre-order and my Xbox One pre-Order

#1thedog723Posted 10/24/2013 5:21:14 PM
I canceled both my PS4 and Xbox one pre-orders today. I am just not that excited for anything that is coming out right away. Both launch lineups seem very lacking, and the hype of the past is just not there.....

Does anyone else feel the same way? I will probably pick up a Xbox one later down the line (specifically when Halo 5 comes out) but just right now I don't see an immediate reason to get either.

Plus Men's Warehouse has buy one get one free on suits atm....soooooooooooooooo

Cool Story Bro.

Anyone else feel the same way?
---
Dj HellFire
Soundcloud.com/dj_hellfire
#2BraxSimeonPosted 10/24/2013 5:25:15 PM
I think if we're being honest - neither launch lineup is all that stellar. I'm a huge Forza fan, so Forza 5 has some appeal for me - but as a whole, I find myself wondering how much time a new box is just going to sit there while I play games on the "old systems".

Right now, I'm mostly excited by checking out new UIs and some of the features - but not really so much the games...
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#3shanafanPosted 10/24/2013 5:28:12 PM
For me, I think next-gen really starts on 3/11/2014.
---
XBL / PSN / NNID : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#4thedog723(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 5:31:34 PM
BraxSimeon posted...
I think if we're being honest - neither launch lineup is all that stellar. I'm a huge Forza fan, so Forza 5 has some appeal for me - but as a whole, I find myself wondering how much time a new box is just going to sit there while I play games on the "old systems".

Right now, I'm mostly excited by checking out new UIs and some of the features - but not really so much the games...

But couldn't you consider a price drop in the future? Specifically Q2 of next year once the quantity of the systems are not limited any longer? (I am speaking mainly of the Xbox One). If the Ps4 beats it out of the gate, Microsoft will have to do something to make up for the loss.

I guess for me nothing justifies a day one purchase.
---
Dj HellFire
#5BraxSimeonPosted 10/24/2013 5:31:59 PM
shanafan posted...

Wait... that's not when Destiny gets released...
---
13 12 4 X
#6thedog723(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 5:32:37 PM
shanafan posted...

I am also very excited for Titanfall. Only game that stands out for me at the moment on either platform. The Division also looks great, but that is much later in the timeline.
---
Dj HellFire
#7streamjumperPosted 10/24/2013 5:35:36 PM
thedog723 posted...

TC, up until this point in the post I was waiting for you to say something awesome like "And with no reason to stay I'm moving to a cabin in the mountains where I aim to make a livin' wrasslin' bars and carvin' toothpicks to chew while I stand on the mountains you weak launch-hyped tools on both sides of this corporate war are too weak to climb." like a total bad*** independent SOB.

But I can totally get behind picking up some nice suits too. I kinda wish the old Italian guy who made my first one was still alive. Not only was he a nice guy who made the best tailored suits, but he had the best collection of dirty jokes ever, and was more than happy to share it with anyone interested. Never have I owned a nicer suit than that one. I wish I still fit into it. I hope they've got some nice ones in your size and price range. Spend any money left over on a cigar and martini while wearing one.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#8BraxSimeonPosted 10/24/2013 5:36:07 PM
thedog723 posted...
BraxSimeon posted...

But couldn't you consider a price drop in the future? Specifically Q2 of next year once the quantity of the systems are not limited any longer? (I am speaking mainly of the Xbox One). If the Ps4 beats it out of the gate, Microsoft will have to do something to make up for the loss.

I guess for me nothing justifies a day one purchase.

I'm not talking specifically of either box. Of all the launch titles on either system, Forza is the only game I actively want to play. I'm excited for Destiny, and I'm excited to see what happens with the digital marketplaces, but I haven't seen any games that I "have to have".

That being said, the night before any system launch, I also get excited and want to run out and grab them - it's completely irrational, but that's how it goes.
---
13 12 4 X
#9BraxSimeonPosted 10/24/2013 5:39:04 PM
streamjumper posted...
thedog723 posted...

TC, up until this point in the post I was waiting for you to say something awesome like "And with no reason to stay I'm moving to a cabin in the mountains where I aim to make a livin' wrasslin' bars and carvin' toothpicks to chew while I stand on the mountains you weak launch-hyped tools on both sides of this corporate war are too weak to climb." like a total bad*** independent SOB.

But I can totally get behind picking up some nice suits too. I kinda wish the old Italian guy who made my first one was still alive. Not only was he a nice guy who made the best tailored suits, but he had the best collection of dirty jokes ever, and was more than happy to share it with anyone interested. Never have I owned a nicer suit than that one. I wish I still fit into it. I hope they've got some nice ones in your size and price range. Spend any money left over on a cigar and martini while wearing one.

My favorite tailor story is this - For what it's worth, she's Asian, which factors for her delivery.
"Hey, can you bring the waste in a little more"
Her: "Sure...
...if you want to look like a woman!"

You probably had to be there, but still. Good on her.
---
13 12 4 X
#10thedog723(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 5:44:56 PM
streamjumper posted...
thedog723 posted...

Hahahaha thank you for this post. Just a nice suit is pricey, and buy one get one free sounds like a intelligent investment.

They will only stay the same price in the future. Unless Sony decides to get into the suit tailoring business and undercuts all the companies by one hundred dollars....

hio....
---
Dj HellFire