Canceled my PS4 pre-order and my Xbox One pre-Order

#11streamjumperPosted 10/24/2013 5:45:00 PM
BraxSimeon posted...
streamjumper posted...
thedog723 posted...
Plus Men's Warehouse has buy one get one free on suits atm....soooooooooooooooo

TC, up until this point in the post I was waiting for you to say something awesome like "And with no reason to stay I'm moving to a cabin in the mountains where I aim to make a livin' wrasslin' bars and carvin' toothpicks to chew while I stand on the mountains you weak launch-hyped tools on both sides of this corporate war are too weak to climb." like a total bad*** independent SOB.

But I can totally get behind picking up some nice suits too. I kinda wish the old Italian guy who made my first one was still alive. Not only was he a nice guy who made the best tailored suits, but he had the best collection of dirty jokes ever, and was more than happy to share it with anyone interested. Never have I owned a nicer suit than that one. I wish I still fit into it. I hope they've got some nice ones in your size and price range. Spend any money left over on a cigar and martini while wearing one.

My favorite tailor story is this - For what it's worth, she's Asian, which factors for her delivery.
"Hey, can you bring the waste in a little more"
Her: "Sure...
...if you want to look like a woman!"

You probably had to be there, but still. Good on her.

No, no need to be there for it. That's a damn good one. I can totally imagine it.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#12shawntew9935Posted 10/24/2013 7:09:35 PM
thedog723 posted...
streamjumper posted...
thedog723 posted...
Plus Men's Warehouse has buy one get one free on suits atm....soooooooooooooooo

TC, up until this point in the post I was waiting for you to say something awesome like "And with no reason to stay I'm moving to a cabin in the mountains where I aim to make a livin' wrasslin' bars and carvin' toothpicks to chew while I stand on the mountains you weak launch-hyped tools on both sides of this corporate war are too weak to climb." like a total bad*** independent SOB.

But I can totally get behind picking up some nice suits too. I kinda wish the old Italian guy who made my first one was still alive. Not only was he a nice guy who made the best tailored suits, but he had the best collection of dirty jokes ever, and was more than happy to share it with anyone interested. Never have I owned a nicer suit than that one. I wish I still fit into it. I hope they've got some nice ones in your size and price range. Spend any money left over on a cigar and martini while wearing one.

Hahahaha thank you for this post. Just a nice suit is pricey, and buy one get one free sounds like a intelligent investment.

They will only stay the same price in the future. Unless Sony decides to get into the suit tailoring business and undercuts all the companies by one hundred dollars....

hio....

Yes it will be a very nice suit jacket and shirt with an exquisite tie and cuff links, but no pants as who in their right minds wants pants forced upon them. Everyone knows pants are evil.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#13shawntew9935Posted 10/24/2013 7:13:17 PM
But on a serious note I would be tempted if I found red wings boots buy one pair get one free, so I cant blame you tc.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/24/2013 9:17:56 PM
BraxSimeon posted...
shanafan posted...
For me, I think next-gen really starts on 3/11/2014.

Wait... that's not when Destiny gets released...

How can start then when that game is releasing on the 360?

Doesn't seem next gen to me, unless you're talking about Dark Souls
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#15khardboredPosted 10/24/2013 9:19:41 PM
You mean to tell me that games between the two consoles is not enough to tide you over 'till more games release? Ouch.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#162ndAtomiskPosted 10/24/2013 9:43:59 PM
All this topic did was make me wish that the Men's Warehouse where I live hadn't closed down.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#17THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 10/24/2013 9:47:54 PM
I kinda feel the same way you feel TC.

Truth be told....most PS4 and Xbone buyers are gonna play their older consoles more the first year anyway. I bought a 360 at launch and still played my PS2 more.

I'm mainly getting it just for "coolness" of having one before most people. That and Killzone.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#18exoscoriaePosted 10/29/2013 10:45:29 AM
I don't see prices dropping on either of these before 2014 holiday season unless there is a major problem with one of them... and if there is a major problem... a price drop won't save it.

The *only* major system to have a price drop within the first year was the 3DS, and even then, all it did was help keep the system above water while users waited for some actual games to play.

The first 360 price cut was only $20, and that was 2 years after it released.

The more expensive PS3, which was really suffering due to price, waited 8 months, and what they did was not to lower the price, but instead discontinue the 20gb model and instead make the 60gb available for the same price. FInally, just before holiday 2007, they released a new 40gb model for $399 ($100 less than the current 80gb model which had replaced the then defunct 60gb model).

Thing is, the ps3 was overpriced to begin with. In this case, the ps4 is not going anywhere in the next 2 years in regards to price. We won't see a $300 ps4 until a slim model is out.

The XB1 would either have to loose the kinect (wouldn't be the first time they went back on their promises) or start loosing money on each system if they want a price drop in the next year.

Considering this generation the MS Entertainment division and Sony Entertainment divisions are expected to fund themselves, I just can't see either one lowering the price below profit margins.

More likely, is next holiday season a 750gb or 1tb model is released with a pack in game for like $50 more than we can currently purchase a new system for. Or maybe just a 2 game bundles (both dlc codes) for the same price as the launch systems.

In other words, for me it simply isn't worth waiting just to get a few extra gigs or pack-in dlc games that i don't care for. It's worth it to me to not have those things next year, and instead have an entire year with the new systems.