Official releveant specs have been revealed.

#21Foxx3kPosted 10/24/2013 9:17:45 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
badmanneil posted...
It is up to developers to use that power, and trust me developers these days are putting out very lazy games. Sorry PS4 all that power is never going to be used.. Only Naughty Dog will put out a game that uses all that power.

They do on the PC with a much lessor amount of sales

Not really. If anything, PC optimization is getting sloppier and sloppier.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#22Jiggy101011Posted 10/24/2013 9:18:13 PM
Millertime660 posted...
I hope those specs are enough to make killzone fun.

Pretty much this. I have played both Killzone 2 and 3 and at the end of the day while they looked beautiful, the gameplay and story is meh and short, bt that is of course my opinion. Obviously there are those that love it, I sadly just cant get into it or Infamous for that matter.

At the end of the day, I play games that are fun, whether they look beautiful or not is a plus. If graphics and specs are what you base a game on then good for you.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2
PSN ID: F1REx
#23a687947Posted 10/24/2013 9:19:34 PM
except for 1.31 teraflops....

http://www.hotchips.org/wp-content/uploads/hc_archives/hc25/HC25.10-SoC1-epub/HC25.26.121-fixed-%20XB1%2020130826gnn.pdf
#24trav3901Posted 10/24/2013 9:22:18 PM
DamnEvilDog posted...
When you live in a world of bias and you are a blind fanboy who can't enjoy games only enjoy the fact you are winning a stupid fanboy war with other stupid fanboys, then you are truly sad and not a gamer.

---
i7 3820QM, NVIDIA GTX 675M, 16GB DDR3, 17.4" 3D screen
#25Spetsnaz420Posted 10/25/2013 2:27:57 AM
MVNeo posted...
Satchmo25 posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...
Ok so not only have you posted something old, you are also missing the point of a game console... "games"

I never cared about specs, my favorite consoles over the years was the weaker ones oddly enough:

Playstation
Playstation 2
Xbox 360 (when compared to the PS3)

Same for handhelds.

When you live in a world of bias and you are a blind fanboy who can't enjoy games only enjoy the fact you are winning a stupid fanboy war with other stupid fanboys, then you are truly sad and not a gamer.

When KZ is the only reason to get a PS4 at launch (and a bad reason at that), all you have to look forward to is raw specs. But ask the PS3 user vase if they would rather have had a weaker console in exchange for 95% of all games being the superior multiplayer in their console. It's a lose-lose

Damn, that's some hardcore truth right there.

This is a great example of truth being in the eye of the beholder ladies and gents
---
I don't conform to social convention
#26straymatterPosted 10/25/2013 4:01:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27drfirepantsPosted 10/25/2013 4:17:35 AM
Foxx3k posted...
I sometimes wonder if gamers have forgotten what the word "official" means.
#28kingofjamaicaPosted 10/25/2013 5:53:41 AM
badmanneil posted...
It is up to developers to use that power, and trust me developers these days are putting out very lazy games. Sorry PS4 all that power is never going to be used.. Only Naughty Dog will put out a game that uses all that power.

Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, Sony Santa Monica, Ready At Dawn, Sucker Punch, etc.

Sony has plenty of first party studios that will push the PS4 in different ways. Better yet, since they're all first party, they share code, so they all make each other better.

I do think we'll also see a reverse of what happened this gen. This gen we had developers coding for 360 and downgrading to fit the game on the more complicated hardware. This resulted in a slight difference since the hardware was still pretty close in overall "power". Next gen that won't be the case. They'll be developing for PS4 and downporting to the significantly weaker hardware.

That's why I predict a lot of PS4 = 1080p vs XBO = 720p/900p games in the future.

I mean, it's all but confirmed by Activision that CoD Ghosts runs 1080p60 on PS4(confirmed by Sony) and only 720p60 on Xbox One. Yeah, Infinity Ward is working their asses off to improve that, but I doubt they get it to 1080p60 on the Xbox One.

Unsurprisingly and ironically the biggest block for 1080p on Xbox One is the 32MB of ESRAM. Unsurprising because 32MB isn't enough memory for a 1080p framebuffer that's doing really any fancy rendering stuff(like deferred rendering, or MSAA). Ironic because Microsoft has been touting it as the main performance advantage of the Xbox One over the PS4, when it's ultimately only getting in the way.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#29SilentS89Posted 10/25/2013 5:56:26 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
Ironic because Microsoft has been touting it as the main performance advantage of the Xbox One over the PS4, when it's ultimately only getting in the way.

Similar to the situation with the Kinect, in some ways.
#30SavageTrooperPosted 10/25/2013 6:31:51 AM
How the hell are these "official" TC? Nothing is official until Microsoft and Sony come out and say what they have inside. Microsoft might have already, but Sony has not. Don't post this as if it's official or confirmed.