I think I'm screwed (Xbox One, Microsoft Store).

#1Dev445Posted 10/24/2013 9:56:22 PM
I preordered XB1 back in June, but recently I lost my debt card and had to get a new one. Just came in the mail today and I had to update a few things, but anyway. I tried to change my card info on the site but I couldn't so I called.

Got to customer service and an arabian person picked up the phone (I got a couple bad experiences with them) and I could hardly understand her. long story short after about 40 min of being on hold and her talking to her manager with updating my info, she tells me it won't go threw cause its a debt card and not a credit card.

That makes no sense cause my old card I paid with was a debt card. I didn't feel like arguing at the time cause its late so I figured I try again tomorrow. I still got my order in but its got my old card which I don't have anymore.

Any advice XD?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2JohnHalo343Posted 10/24/2013 10:08:43 PM
Normally, I try not to correct spelling, but are you sure you don't mean 'debit' card? I could be wrong.

Regardless, I would try contacting the bank through which the old debit card was issued. A record of the transaction should still be on record. I don't know how that would help at that point, but it might be a good start.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#3MVNeoPosted 10/24/2013 10:09:29 PM
You need to be the one to talk to a manager next time. Just keep calling.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric/about - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/UNSCleric/home/
#4khardboredPosted 10/24/2013 10:10:10 PM
I would simply call MS back. If the card you initially used to pre-order was a debit, no reason another debit won't suffice.
That being said, I do know that some e-tailers don't do debit.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#5Excal1burPosted 10/24/2013 10:12:50 PM
The last 2 times i talked to Microsoft I actually got Americans or at least they were some really good arabs acting and sound like americans. Try going through the 18004myxbox and get them to transfer you over I think thats how I did it.
#6a687947Posted 10/24/2013 10:22:58 PM
i didn't have any trouble switching to my new debit card on their website, although i had trouble removing the old one. Both were listed until my gold ran out and then i was able to remove the old one. I would just try to add it as a second one for now
#7WSB_MastaPosted 10/25/2013 4:30:33 AM
Just tell them it is a credit card. All debit cards can be used as a credit card.

On your Banks end it will look like you used your debit card as normal.
---
MastaKing
#8MrSpaM111Posted 10/25/2013 5:00:12 AM
Something a little fishy about this, if they sent you a replacement card because you lost the original it should have the exact same numbers on it. You shouldn't have to change your card details on anything.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#9NewMoonShadowPosted 10/25/2013 5:24:56 AM(edited)
MrSpaM111 posted...
Something a little fishy about this, if they sent you a replacement card because you lost the original it should have the exact same numbers on it. You shouldn't have to change your card details on anything.

I've never lost a debit card but if you lose a credit card they will in fact disable the current account number and give you a new one, because of the risk of someone else having enough information to be able to use it without your knowledge. I can't imagine a lost debit wouldn't be treated the same way.
#10TreGoodaPosted 10/25/2013 5:30:35 AM
Dev445 posted...
I preordered XB1 back in June, but recently I lost my debt card and had to get a new one. Just came in the mail today and I had to update a few things, but anyway. I tried to change my card info on the site but I couldn't so I called.

Got to customer service and an arabian person picked up the phone (I got a couple bad experiences with them) and I could hardly understand her. long story short after about 40 min of being on hold and her talking to her manager with updating my info, she tells me it won't go threw cause its a debt card and not a credit card.

That makes no sense cause my old card I paid with was a debt card. I didn't feel like arguing at the time cause its late so I figured I try again tomorrow. I still got my order in but its got my old card which I don't have anymore.

Any advice XD?

You'll be fine, the new card number will be tied to the same account. I had something similar happen with airline tickets and it went through without a hitch.

Also, is it only a "debit" card or a debit/credit "card". As in, does it have visa/mastercard or something like it on the card?
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."