I think I'm screwed (Xbox One, Microsoft Store).

#11Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:03:42 AM
WSB_Masta posted...
Just tell them it is a credit card. All debit cards can be used as a credit card.

On your Banks end it will look like you used your debit card as normal.

Yeah I told them at first it was a credit card, but It didn't go through. So I just told them it was a debit card and it still wouldn't go through.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#12Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:10:09 AM
TreGooda posted...
Dev445 posted...
I preordered XB1 back in June, but recently I lost my debt card and had to get a new one. Just came in the mail today and I had to update a few things, but anyway. I tried to change my card info on the site but I couldn't so I called.

Got to customer service and an arabian person picked up the phone (I got a couple bad experiences with them) and I could hardly understand her. long story short after about 40 min of being on hold and her talking to her manager with updating my info, she tells me it won't go threw cause its a debt card and not a credit card.

That makes no sense cause my old card I paid with was a debt card. I didn't feel like arguing at the time cause its late so I figured I try again tomorrow. I still got my order in but its got my old card which I don't have anymore.

Any advice XD?

You'll be fine, the new card number will be tied to the same account. I had something similar happen with airline tickets and it went through without a hitch.

Also, is it only a "debit" card or a debit/credit "card". As in, does it have visa/mastercard or something like it on the card?

Yeah I got a Visa Debit card
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#13GambitbuzzkillPosted 10/25/2013 6:11:17 AM
Dev445 posted...
I preordered XB1 back in June, but recently I lost my debt card and had to get a new one. Just came in the mail today and I had to update a few things, but anyway. I tried to change my card info on the site but I couldn't so I called.

Got to customer service and an arabian person picked up the phone (I got a couple bad experiences with them) and I could hardly understand her. long story short after about 40 min of being on hold and her talking to her manager with updating my info, she tells me it won't go threw cause its a debt card and not a credit card.

That makes no sense cause my old card I paid with was a debt card. I didn't feel like arguing at the time cause its late so I figured I try again tomorrow. I still got my order in but its got my old card which I don't have anymore.

Any advice XD?

This is simple call back and ask them to switch you over to the USA they will do so and then you can speak to an American after that ask to speak to a supervisor.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#14Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:23:24 AM
Just called again and another arabian picked up the phone, but this guy had pretty good English. I was thinking we were about to go through the whole process again and I would have to speak to the manager, but clearly this guy knew what he was doing.

He told me that a different department had to handle this and they would call me later today. He told me I would have to put a new order in, but I won't lose my place in line. That sounded kind of fishy, but we'll see when I get the call later.
---
#15Reflex-ArcPosted 10/25/2013 6:27:49 AM
Interesting. You don't often hear about call centers being outsourced to Arab nations. Most I end up talking to are in India.

Hope they get this cleared up for you! That sucks.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard