I can honestly say, the Xbox One has the stronger launch line up.

#31HorridhalPosted 10/25/2013 7:59:38 AM
I can honestly say, in response to this topic and any other like it, that the TC's and people agreeing with them need to learn the definition of 'opinion' and 'subjective'.

That is all.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#32DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/25/2013 8:17:52 AM(edited)
sworder posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Secondly, based on the past, there isn't anymore assurance that Sony Studios are reliable just because they made games last generation. We are still waiting for The Last Guardian

Pathetic hahaha

Sony studios pump out multiple exclusives every year. Xbots bring up Last Guardian, one single game

Anything new?

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/poltergeist13/lists/first-party-games-released-on-ps2/85057?page=2

Does that look anything like the PS3 list?

Pumping out multiple exclusives means nothing when they are not exclusives that are good.

People are really dumb to expect a previous console to determine most of what is released now or if those sequels will even be any good.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#33DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/25/2013 8:19:18 AM
Horridhal posted...
I can honestly say, in response to this topic and any other like it, that the TC's and people agreeing with them need to learn the definition of 'opinion' and 'subjective'.

That is all.

The irony is that you clearly have no idea what an opinion is... this is an assessment on the reliability of using selective data to extrapolate the future success of consoles. I have proven that this is extremely unreliable.

You guys think its an "opinion" that the PS4 isn't sure to win. That is pretty pathetic.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#34Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/25/2013 8:19:33 AM
The_Darkwalker posted...
Although, if I were to buy a multiplat like BF4, COD Ghost or AC4, I would probably get it on PS4 as it seems like they will shine more on that system.

You do realize that's there are way more multiplats then actual exclusives and the margin will only grow as time goes on so by your own logic PS4 has the stronger launch line. I'm not saying it does because that is completely and utterly subjective. just saying by what youre saying that's how it is
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#35120N7Posted 10/25/2013 8:30:52 AM
crucial posted...
TF is the game to get in 2014,PS4 launch line up is pure garbage.

The Order: 1886 says hello.
#36Shik_stickPosted 10/25/2013 8:46:46 AM
Rybal posted...
If I were only planning on playing launch titles throughout the console's lifetime, this might actually be important. However, there's years of gaming afterwards and, regardless of whether you prefer Xbox exclusives over Playstation exclusives, there is no reason to expect that the X1 will ultimately have more exclusives than PS4. (Until the new studios actually produce anything, there's no guarantee of what type of games they will produce - many seem to be focused on creating Kinect games and interacting with the system/OS at this time.)

Actually, there are plenty of arguments. MS projects have had a much higher success rate of being good games while Sony pumped out stuff like Lair, Haze, SOCOM and the such. Secondly, based on the past, there isn't anymore assurance that Sony Studios are reliable just because they made games last generation. We are still waiting for The Last Guardian. PS3 looked absolutely nothing like the PS2 in terms of games and what to expect.

MS has spent a lot of money and money actually does translate directly into good games. It is extremely rare to see a major title with big budgeting to fail as a game. Thats because when people are going to drop 30 million on a game, they don't choose developers randomly out of a hat and they will spend more just to make sure its good.

There are quite a few reasons to believe Sony won't be as strong in the exclusives department.

1)The first and most obvious is that they aren't spending nearly as much money and as a result, has a retail lineup that is a fraction of what Xbox is offering next year.
2)Sony is in a much poorer financial situation that it was, with rumors of the company becoming bankrupt in two years and CEO's saying that the PS4 is on its last leash, it will be harder to expect them to spend ludicrously on IPs like they did last gen (which had many failures and successes).
3)MS is offering free dedicated servers and Cloud support for developers. This is why Titanfall was exclusive, because they were too small to build up that kind of server support by themselves and maintain it. They repeatedly say that dedicated servers are "REALLY REALLY REALLY EXPENSIVE!" and developers like Naughty Dog can't even afford them for a game like UC3 which plans to sell 5+ million because they would have to close down the servers much sooner.
4)Having easier to develop for hardware isn't going to attract much in terms of exclusives. It hasn't in the past (PS2, PS3) and now developers are more focused on multiconsole releases than ever. This is a much smaller advantage to developers than free servers and Cloud support.

They dont have to spend to spend as much money as MS to net new exclusives because the already have so many more incredible fist party studios.

They dont need to spen too much money. Also the financial situation is irrelevant since they have been in the same state for years already and still going strong.

All first party games on PS3 and PS4 have DS. As will most of the big multiplats. And as i have said, dedicated servers mean nothing.

Again i say this: MORE FIRST PARTY STUDIOS. And there have been a pretty large number of third party dev who have said they prefer the PS4 so look for more exclusive content from them.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#37reincarnator07Posted 10/25/2013 9:02:40 AM
IMO, they're both pretty poor when it comes to exclusives. I hope to be surprised by Knack, but killzone just looks meh. I'm not really into racing games, Ryse looks mediocre and generic as far as gameplay goes and Dead Rising 3 looks like they took everything fun and unique from the previous titles. The best selling games on those systems this year will be the multiplats.

People should be looking to the future. Titanfall looks like it will be great and I have high hopes for Infamous. From the past, I'd say Sony has had lots of great exclusives as time went on and they were varied. MS has been lacking outside of shooters.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#38HorridhalPosted 10/25/2013 9:04:30 AM
Horridhal posted...

That is all.

The irony is that you clearly have no idea what an opinion is... this is an assessment on the reliability of using selective data to extrapolate the future success of consoles. I have proven that this is extremely unreliable.

You guys think its an "opinion" that the PS4 isn't sure to win. That is pretty pathetic.

I proved you a troll in another thread, do this won't go beyond one post from me in response(I don't feed trolls).

1. http://m.dictionary.com/definition/opinion?linkid=ibc5yn&srcpage=home&site=dictwap

2. http://m.dictionary.com/definition/subjective?linkid=ibc5yn&srcpage=definition&site=dictwap

Any posts dealing with -QUALITY- of launch title lineups is opinion as defined by dictionaries.

You just got owned by Webster, troll.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#39DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/25/2013 9:12:55 AM
Shik_stick posted...

They dont have to spend to spend as much money as MS to net new exclusives because the already have so many more incredible first party studios.

They may not need as much, but they do need most of it. It does not take $1 billion dollars to open a few studios. Maybe like 10% of that would be spent on just "opening" studios if that. In fact, we look at the exclusives up until 2014 and there is a huge gap between big budget titles. When you make a studio, games do not develop for free afterwards... A game like Uncharted is still going to cost you like 30 million. Killzone 2 reportedly costed $40 million dollars. Halo was $60 million. Big games need big money. You think games like The Last Of Us are cheap? You can't expect these games to pop up without some major spending and Sony does not have enough money to just release all these titles that quickly. Money is 90% of what determines the quality of games on your systems in that you can't have an amazing triple A title without it despite the occasional exceptions.

They dont need to spend too much money. Also the financial situation is irrelevant since they have been in the same state for years already and still going strong.

No actually, the situation has changed and the PS4 is being reassessed. This is already evident with their approach to the PS4 as a piece of hardware. Just because a company has been in a bad situation for awhile does not mean they will let it persist... that is called corporate suicide and is one the PS4 is on its "last warning".

All first party games on PS3 and PS4 have DS. As will most of the big multiplats. And as i have said, dedicated servers mean nothing.

Dedicated servers means a LOT to people... SOME first party games will have dedicated servers. Most of them seem like they won't. Uncharted and Last of Us both could not justify it and they are highly successful, especially compared to Killzone. Killzone ALSO does not have dedicated servers for gaming and only handling match making unless that has changed.

They don't matter? Playstation fans were crying foul at the fact that Uncharted 3 was not going to have dedicated. People complained like hell. Dark Souls 2 is going back to the Demon's Souls system (even though their dedicated servers aren't great) because they realized P2P was just too crap and was one of (if not the biggest) complaint by their players..

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/21/killzone-shadow-fall-will-use-dedicated-multiplayer-servers.aspx

People care a lot about dedicated servers.

Again i say this: MORE FIRST PARTY STUDIOS. And there have been a pretty large number of third party dev who have said they prefer the PS4 so look for more exclusive content from them.

Who are these "plenty of developers"? If anything, the difficulty of X1 development eases more than it does at launch. The only actual facts we have about a major game using one console due to features is Titanfall because they couldn't afford dedicated servers and know nothing about maintaining them.
---
#40DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/25/2013 9:15:23 AM
Horridhal posted...
Horridhal posted...

That is all.

I proved you a troll in another thread, do this won't go beyond one post from me in response(I don't feed trolls).

1. http://m.dictionary.com/definition/opinion?linkid=ibc5yn&srcpage=home&site=dictwap

2. http://m.dictionary.com/definition/subjective?linkid=ibc5yn&srcpage=definition&site=dictwap

Any posts dealing with -QUALITY- of launch title lineups is opinion as defined by dictionaries.

You just got owned by Webster, troll.

By far the most ironic post I have ever seen! This was perfectly constructed and flawlessly executed! Good job troll! Also, I love the "other topic" with o link. The only thing you did in another topic as far as I remember, was that you demonstrated that you can call me a troll while referencing something I never even said. Man, I really do hope this is the last post I see from you. I don't need a stalker who obsesses over losing arguments.
---