Xbox one to use dynamic resolution to keep frame rates high.

#1knightimexPosted 10/24/2013 10:34:56 PM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbMv0NQwaMY

This is gasoline just sitting by the bonfire.....

To be honest, and fair, I actually like this idea.
Granted, it's nothing ps4 needs, but I wouldn't mind if ps4 used it as well.
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#2SilentS89Posted 10/24/2013 10:36:36 PM
Well, I appreciate the desire to improve frame rates.

Not sure this is the ideal solution, but I won't discard it immediately.
#3Spetsnaz420Posted 10/24/2013 10:50:45 PM
This is pretty old news...its been known for some time

But stable FPS > higher res

So yeah its a good thing overall
---
I don't conform to social convention
#4Auction SniperPosted 10/24/2013 11:55:15 PM
Dynamic resolutions are fine when used in fast-paced 60fps games - Rage and WipeoutHD use it and I've never really noticed it.
---
Sorry i don't know what the hell steam is. I thought it was that stuff that fogs up your bathroom after a hot shower. - STN79
#5knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 1:50:35 AM
Auction Sniper posted...
Dynamic resolutions are fine when used in fast-paced 60fps games - Rage and WipeoutHD use it and I've never really noticed it.

No other console in the past has done this before.
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#6Kazuya_80Posted 10/25/2013 1:53:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7FoppePosted 10/25/2013 2:18:38 AM
knightimex posted...
Auction Sniper posted...

Resident Evil 2 on N64 adjusts its display resolution depending on the number of polygonal models currently on screen, which is kinda the same solution.
Except that this is something all Xbox One developers will have access to, Nintendo disliked to spread this kind of information to it's developers...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8supermoc10Posted 10/25/2013 2:42:31 AM
knightimex posted...
Auction Sniper posted...

Wipeout HD has dynamic resolutions. It's on PS3. So other consoles have used it. Look up the DF article on the game for proof.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#9Lefty128kPosted 10/25/2013 3:09:41 AM
supermoc10 posted...
knightimex posted...
Auction Sniper posted...

Wipeout HD has dynamic resolutions. It's on PS3. So other consoles have used it. Look up the DF article on the game for proof.

I'm making a claim, but you prove it for me.