Genuine worry

#11scoobydoobydontPosted 10/25/2013 8:11:29 AM
http://static.tumblr.com/mfxyxgh/wZ5m5ze9a/tldr.jpg
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#12bob15xPosted 10/25/2013 8:14:35 AM
Excal1bur posted...
Giant wall of troll topic

You need to learn the definition of wall of text because that was not.
#13DjnarduPosted 10/25/2013 8:51:51 AM(edited)
Last generation was like this for me.

MP was played on Xbox because my friends had Xbox.

SP was played on PC if it was on PC.

multiplatform console games only was played on PS3.

Exclusives were played on their respective consoles.

For me I only played Xbox if it was an exclusive or MP game.

All my friends are picking up PS4 first this gen so that will be my primary console starting out.
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#14MrImpatient35Posted 10/25/2013 9:04:34 AM
Just to somewhat mirror your story, the same happened to me. I had a PS2, and I would blindly hate on everything Xbox, but my friends kept convincing me to try it before I say anything, so I finally bought it. I fell in love right away...first with the controller. The thumbstick placement felt so good, I wondered why Sony didn't do it.

After that, I didn't get much reason to go back to Sony gaming. There was only a bit more than a handful of games that I really wanted to play last gen that was only on PS3.

Like you, I was all for the X1 even before the "180s". The thing that annoyed me the most was the used games policy, but I made my peace with that in about a week of thinking about it. I REALLY wanted to play some of the games shown at E3, like Dead Rising 3, so yeah...X1 for me.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness (1-Year free), KI3 (F2P)
#15BruceLee1974Posted 10/25/2013 9:08:54 AM
I think if your worried best thing to do is to cencel it and wait a few months for games to come out on it and wait for peoples reviews and do some research and see if everything is true or not . The smartest thing to do is to wait and see.
#16Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/25/2013 9:19:16 AM
To address the OP rather than comment on the "Great Wall of Text," seriously though you can see that post from space!

The Xbox One can handle 1080p just fine. This is not something you should worry about. First of all, these are launch titles, which are historically worse looking than 2nd year and later games. Just go back to your 360 and put Call of Duty 2 in and then pop Black Ops 2 in. See what I mean? Also, the 360 had some native 1080p games and this console is way more powerful than it.

Bottom line this isn't something you should worry about nor is it an issue with the system. It's just a matter of developers not being familiar with programming for it yet but they will get there. Don't worry. The only thing that should make your decision is what system offers the games, features and experience you're needing. Don't let graphics decide this for you.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#17catzrul2002Posted 10/25/2013 9:19:24 AM
If you are adamant on getting a launch console, I'm afraid the popular choice is not the Xbox One.

But like others said, wait awhile, the numbers and possibly your friends decisions will be made to help with your choice.
---
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#18billsfanno1Posted 10/28/2013 12:45:31 PM
I'm totally on-board with X1 and regularly fight back the trolls on this site. But look -- if the worst rumors you are fearing about X1 turn out to be fact, simply do not buy an X1 and grab the first PS4 you can get your hands on. MS has invested billions of dollars into research, development and infrastructure for X1. If they can't deliver anything more than a half-baked product at launch then they don't deserve your (or any of our) money. You will know before 11/22 what the initial verdict is from trusted/reputable sources.

Don't be insistent on being a PS or Xbox person. There's nothing wrong with having both (if you can afford it) or changing mid-generation if one gets more appealing to you.
#19Dev0311Posted 10/28/2013 12:48:14 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Always include a tldr summary

Tldr:

$500 720p vs. $400 1080p doesn't make sense to TC.