Lol at ps4 fanboys and xbox one haters

#11sworderPosted 10/25/2013 9:42:43 AM
jasonkingmark posted...
Sony acted like angles when this whole thing started but turns out they are liars and thieves.

What did they lie about exactly? And what are they stealing?
#12MrZonePosted 10/25/2013 9:44:11 AM
So tell me again how this makes the PS4 a brick without an online update again?
#13Combo626Posted 10/25/2013 9:46:03 AM
lilj812 posted...
Can the PS4 plays games out of the box?
Can the Xbox One play games out of the box?

Why am I responding to this? I'll try to be mature about this.
Sony's disc of choice for their games continues to be Blu-Ray, remember Microsoft's was DVD/HD-DVD last gen.
So I'm willing to go out on a whim and bet, that if you don't update the system and patch in Blu-Ray, the system won't play the games....Just sayin.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#14eddy_cocainePosted 10/25/2013 9:49:30 AM
Dear TC... please make your topic title a little more specific. Now we have two topics about this.
#15NeoAndurilPosted 10/25/2013 9:56:40 AM
Yeah this topic sure shows what the typical xb1 supporter is like.

Long live the xb1? Seriously?
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#16BudWisenheimerPosted 10/25/2013 10:00:59 AM
Shik_stick posted...
What matters is the reasoning behind the update and what it entails.

Both consoles have the same reason for a day 1 update. The only significant difference is that MSFT gave their OS developers a longer deadline for the completed software than Sony gave their OS developers. The main reason MSFT thought they would have more time was the mandatory 24-hour online check for updates. Why rush to finish the OS before mass production starts if you know everyone will be connected for updates? After that 24-hour policy was cancelled MSFT instead issued a public comment warning everyone months ago that the Xbone would need the day 1 update. (Probably only until Xbones manufactured before Nov. 22 sell out. I wonder if this another reason- besides marketing - those consoles are marked "Day One.")

Sony may or may not have had a similar plan (we'll never know for sure) but clearly they couldn't finish every OS feature before mass production either. So maybe they prioritized single-player gaming functionality before their hardware went into mass production.
#17Skynet82997Posted 10/25/2013 10:04:23 AM
BudWisenheimer posted...
So maybe they prioritized single-player gaming functionality before their hardware went into mass production.

"The patch will be required for anyone wanting to make use of online multiplayer or the Blu-ray and DVD player functionality of the console."

Doesn't seem like it - disc based games won't work without the day one update, or multiplayer.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#18SavageTrooperPosted 10/25/2013 10:05:09 AM
Wow, you Xbox Fanboys get all jolly about any kind if news that you can twist into negative news about the PS4 don't you? Sony has already stated they are doing this incase retailers break the street date. While i don't agree with Sony doing this, at least the console can still be used offline when it comes to playing games. The Xbox One cannot do anything until it's updated.

This update is mostly for the online/PSN stuff which most likely won't be online until the PS4 launches anyway.
#19XBOXvsPCPosted 10/25/2013 10:06:54 AM
see the ponies here...haha the nerve
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#20Skynet82997Posted 10/25/2013 10:08:33 AM
SavageTrooper posted...
Wow, you Xbox Fanboys get all jolly about any kind if news that you can twist into negative news about the PS4 don't you? Sony has already stated they are doing this incase retailers break the street date. While i don't agree with Sony doing this, at least the console can still be used offline when it comes to playing games. The Xbox One cannot do anything until it's updated.

This update is mostly for the online/PSN stuff which most likely won't be online until the PS4 launches anyway.

Not for disc based games, or multiplayer. No blu ray or DVD functionality out of the box means no disc based games can be played until you patch.

And what hypocrisy - all the Sony Defense Force does is hang out on this board trolling for every negative thing they can come up with on XB1. And a particular stink was made about the lack of functionality without the day one update.

Now that Sony has come out with something similar, it's every excuse under the sun for why this is ok for the PS4, but not the XB1.

Hilarious.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate