Day one update for PS4 as well. Xbox one is not alone.

#1eddy_cocainePosted 10/25/2013 8:44:49 AM
http://m.joystiq.com/2013/10/25/playstation-4-day-one-features-outlined-internet-required-for-f/?post=1&icid=joystiq_home_latest_art

There we have it.
#2TheM00dPosted 10/25/2013 8:51:01 AM(edited)
It's funny that you need to have the system online in order for it to work properly right out of the box.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#3eddy_cocaine(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 8:50:54 AM
Exactly. It's the definition of hypocrisy.
#4Skynet82997Posted 10/25/2013 8:51:39 AM
The Sony Defense Force excuse is now that the PS4 update on day one is only to add a few features - they maintain that the X1 is a brick without the day one patch, so that makes it ok.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/25/2013 8:51:43 AM
So basically anyone who buys a next gen (sorry wiiu) console this holiday must have an internet connection.

Just goes to show the uproar was all stage faux outrage.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#6Kovalchuk_Posted 10/25/2013 8:54:52 AM
if you can't get internet why are you buying one of these expensive next gen consoles which rely heavily on it?

Maybe buy internet instead.
---
3754-7115-0719
#7Viet0nePosted 10/25/2013 8:57:01 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
The Sony Defense Force excuse is now that the PS4 update on day one is only to add a few features - they maintain that the X1 is a brick without the day one patch, so that makes it ok.

Was never an excuse, that was always the case to begin with. The PS4 will play games with no update, the Xbox One won't. Updates are going to be expected through the life of the consoles and even on launch days.

Even the original Xbox had an update if you connected it online first day. Every console is going to be expected to have some form of update on the first day since manufacturing only gets a certain revision.

The Xbox One has no excuse shipping without primary function out of the box. The Xbox One is still alone in being the first console in history to not even work as a gaming console out of the box.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#8XBOXvsPCPosted 10/25/2013 8:58:19 AM
eddy_cocaine posted...
Exactly. It's the definition of hypocrisy.

Not surprised. that's the Sony we know afterall.
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#9Skynet82997Posted 10/25/2013 9:00:57 AM
Viet0ne posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

Was never an excuse, that was always the case to begin with. The PS4 will play games with no update, the Xbox One won't. Updates are going to be expected through the life of the consoles and even on launch days.

Even the original Xbox had an update if you connected it online first day. Every console is going to be expected to have some form of update on the first day since manufacturing only gets a certain revision.

The Xbox One has no excuse shipping without primary function out of the box. The Xbox One is still alone in being the first console in history to not even work as a gaming console out of the box.

"The patch will be required for anyone wanting to make use of online multiplayer or the Blu-ray and DVD player functionality of the console."

Lol - seriously? I guess IF you digitally download it will - but since it needs the update for DVD or Blu-ray functionality, it won't play disc based games until you update.

Also - ZERO multiplayer without the update on day one.

But I expect these excuses from TSDF.......
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#10yay4pachirisuPosted 10/25/2013 9:06:21 AM
Microsoft announces day 1 patch: LOL Microsoft needs a patch to fix their ****-up (though people were 100% aware of the circumstances)

Sony announces day 1 patch: oh it's okay. It's just to add in the features they promised us :)

not saying microsoft is any better, but lol at the fanboys here.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NR1OD.png