Day one update for PS4 as well. Xbox one is not alone.

#31Combo626Posted 10/25/2013 10:34:49 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
Viet0ne posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
The Sony Defense Force excuse is now that the PS4 update on day one is only to add a few features - they maintain that the X1 is a brick without the day one patch, so that makes it ok.

Was never an excuse, that was always the case to begin with. The PS4 will play games with no update, the Xbox One won't. Updates are going to be expected through the life of the consoles and even on launch days.

Even the original Xbox had an update if you connected it online first day. Every console is going to be expected to have some form of update on the first day since manufacturing only gets a certain revision.

The Xbox One has no excuse shipping without primary function out of the box. The Xbox One is still alone in being the first console in history to not even work as a gaming console out of the box.

"The patch will be required for anyone wanting to make use of online multiplayer or the Blu-ray and DVD player functionality of the console."

Lol - seriously? I guess IF you digitally download it will - but since it needs the update for DVD or Blu-ray functionality, it won't play disc based games until you update.

Also - ZERO multiplayer without the update on day one.

But I expect these excuses from TSDF.......

Well at least they can still have digital downloads if they don't have the internet to download the patch, right?

Wait, what?? How can you download a digital game if you don't get on the internet??
The fact that Blu-Ray is being patched in shows that Sony was also going to go mostly digital JUST like Microsoft. Microsoft just got thrown under the bus because they went first at E3.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#32FoppePosted 10/25/2013 10:34:52 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Viet0ne posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
The Sony Defense Force excuse is now that the PS4 update on day one is only to add a few features - they maintain that the X1 is a brick without the day one patch, so that makes it ok.

Was never an excuse, that was always the case to begin with. The PS4 will play games with no update, the Xbox One won't. Updates are going to be expected through the life of the consoles and even on launch days.

Even the original Xbox had an update if you connected it online first day. Every console is going to be expected to have some form of update on the first day since manufacturing only gets a certain revision.

The Xbox One has no excuse shipping without primary function out of the box. The Xbox One is still alone in being the first console in history to not even work as a gaming console out of the box.

"The patch will be required for anyone wanting to make use of online multiplayer or the Blu-ray and DVD player functionality of the console."

Lol - seriously? I guess IF you digitally download it will - but since it needs the update for DVD or Blu-ray functionality, it won't play disc based games until you update.

Also - ZERO multiplayer without the update on day one.

But I expect these excuses from TSDF.......

Technically, will you be able to connect it online and buy a digital download without updating it?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#33streamjumperPosted 10/25/2013 10:35:09 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Wow...The "Sony Champions of those without the Internet" are oddly avoiding this thread.

Probably still busy in that UK dick-biting thread displaying their best "lol, xboner" jokes.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#34XBOXvsPCPosted 10/25/2013 10:35:12 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
No big deal. I had to update my WiiU, Nexus 7 - - heck, nearly all my online enabled devices in the last few years have required some sort of day one update of some sort.

Agreed - it isn't a big deal.

Just funny how it was SUCH a horrid issue when it was just XB1 with the day one patch, but now that Sony has the same thing, it's no big deal.

Hypocrisy at its finest!

---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#35Joey-ZazaPosted 10/25/2013 10:37:45 AM
Classic Eminem tactics here.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#36vashtrichamPosted 10/25/2013 10:39:04 AM
XBOXvsPC posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
regsantotomas posted...
No big deal. I had to update my WiiU, Nexus 7 - - heck, nearly all my online enabled devices in the last few years have required some sort of day one update of some sort.

Agreed - it isn't a big deal.

Just funny how it was SUCH a horrid issue when it was just XB1 with the day one patch, but now that Sony has the same thing, it's no big deal.

Hypocrisy at its finest!

Its only hypocrisy if its the exact same person saying this. So apparently one person equals anyone who said anything about msoft say one patch which is in fact still worse then ps4's. One is needed to take off the horrible practices msoft wanted to force on us.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#37RybalPosted 10/25/2013 10:39:09 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Maybe - unless the BR and DVD functionality includes disc based games as well.

And no multiplayer at all.

FYI, the official statement says for BR and DVD controls, so games could theoretically be playable.

Anyone who brings up the fact that the patch is necessary to do online multiplayer is reaching, simply because the ability to play mp would mean that you'd be able to get the patch.

Anyone (on either side) who seriously thought that either system would come without a Day 1 patch at any point was an idiot. We can't even get games without a Day 1 patch, though the inability to properly use BR and DVD at launch is a bit mind boggling.

Finally, the PS4 patch is only 300 mb - even on the PS3 hardware (which was arguably the main reason that downloads were so slow), I was able to dl and install a patch of that sort in 2-3 minutes. The X1 patch is supposed to take from 15-20 minutes. Have we had any word on the size of the patch? Is that 15-20 minutes if you were the only one or is it the estimated total for flooded servers?
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#38THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 10/25/2013 10:39:25 AM
Sony was smart to hold off on this for so long letting Microsoft take all the heat for this choice.

With launch so close this may go unnoticed to many people. Plus I heard that some launch games have the patch on the disc.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#39XBOXvsPCPosted 10/25/2013 10:40:46 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Wow...The "Sony Champions of those without the Internet" are oddly avoiding this thread.

They may be searching for some Xbox downgrade on the SeaBOAT of rumours.
Sony - Hypocrisy Awaits
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#40Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/25/2013 10:41:10 AM
I'll download the patch eventually. But I'll probably get a few days of gaming in before I worry about it
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180