Kinect 2.0

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 10/25/2013 2:29:07 PM
I'm hoping Turn 10 got Head Tracking in Forza right this time with the improved tech. That's really the only thing I'm interested in at the moment.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#12BudWisenheimerPosted 10/25/2013 2:32:53 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
So do you think the voice stuff is all you will use? Maybe motion as a sudo mouse?

I really WANT a voice controlled home theater. I want to walk in the front door after a night out and simply say "Xbox on" and light up my whole living room with my big bright TV and the various A/V devices being IR blasted by Kinect to power on. All without having to hit a light switch or find the remote. Say there's a thought: what if we could say "Xbox buzz controller" and the Xbone would tell the controller to vibrate if we didn't see where it was last placed? That one was for free MSFT.

Everything else the Kinect will do is welcomed. But I'm getting my money's worth just to have the mundane stuff we do navigating and powering on etc. be a little less mundane.
#13SunDevil77Posted 10/25/2013 2:39:09 PM
I saw it used with Project Spark and personally played Fighter Within with it. Also saw a tech demo of how some of the fitness will work.

So much more impressive than the first Kinect. It can pick up finger movements and joint pivoting. I'm really interested in how well it will work as a mic.
---
Uh, yes, sir. They're driving an '84... Sheepdog.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#14MeaglesVPosted 10/25/2013 2:41:40 PM
Not sure if anyone here has, but it looks awesome.
#15regsantotomasPosted 10/25/2013 2:44:06 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...

So do you think the voice stuff is all you will use? Maybe motion as a sudo mouse?

The voice commands is a large portion of it for me. Being able to quickly turn it on, snap other functions, and do search intelligently unlike cumbersome alphanumeric entry via a remote or game controller.

Then there are features like Skype and facial recognition/capture.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego