What will the failure rate be?

#1BigAl519Posted 10/25/2013 10:10:29 AM
What do you think the Xbone failure rate will be? - Results (51 votes)
Less than 10%
35.29% (18 votes)
~20%
5.88% (3 votes)
~30%
7.84% (4 votes)
~40%
3.92% (2 votes)
Up with the original 360's failure rate of 50%+
47.06% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So as the console releases are getting close the inevitable question we all ask must come up. Will the hardware hold up well out of the box or will we have another convection oven roasting our game disks?

Personally I feel with all the added TV features on top of the console being able to under-clock itself when it overheats it will have a lot of issues. I could see the voltage changes from under clocking alone causing significant issues.

Anyways, what is everyones guess?
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#2shawntew9935Posted 10/25/2013 10:13:45 AM
Wait so you are saying that the things MS put in to prevent failures are going to cause failures? Wat?
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#3BigAl519(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:14:23 AM
shawntew9935 posted...
Wait so you are saying that the things MS put in to prevent failures are going to cause failures? Wat?

More options = more potential problems. Look at air bags in cars.
---
#4Skynet82997Posted 10/25/2013 10:16:01 AM
shawntew9935 posted...

BigAl is a HUGE Sony troll - you can't take this topic seriously. He's not really asking what we think - he's just setting up another troll thread so he can bash the hell out of the XB1.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5Ironman06Posted 10/25/2013 10:17:16 AM
I haven't seen any videos of the xbox one actually overheating. Everything has just been speculation to this point. I have, however, seen several videos of the ps4 red lining. Hope everything works out for my friends getting ps4's.
#6BigAl519(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:18:43 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
shawntew9935 posted...

BigAl is a HUGE Sony troll - you can't take this topic seriously. He's not really asking what we think - he's just setting up another troll thread so he can bash the hell out of the XB1.

When have I ever mentioned Sony? You stalkers really need to do your homework before accusing people.

Its a genuine question after the crapfest that was the original 360. Or were you not around in the days of people going through 2+ consoles from the RROD?
---
#7Skynet82997Posted 10/25/2013 10:21:07 AM
BigAl519 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
shawntew9935 posted...

When have I ever mentioned Sony? You stalkers really need to do your homework before accusing people.

Its a genuine question after the crapfest that was the original 360. Or were you not around in the days of people going through 2+ consoles from the RROD?

Dude - give me a break. You're as transparent as a bay window.

Some of you guys think you're so slick, but you aren't. Everyone has your number - we know you do not have anything remotely resembling a "genuine" question.
---
#8BigAl519(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:23:06 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
BigAl519 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
shawntew9935 posted...

Some of you guys think you're so slick, but you aren't. Everyone has your number - we know you do not have anything remotely resembling a "genuine" question.

Your paranoia is showing. Should probably get that checked, Also I must be super popular if everyone has my number! Thanks for the support buddy!!
---
#9Skynet82997Posted 10/25/2013 10:28:05 AM
BigAl519 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
BigAl519 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
shawntew9935 posted...

Your paranoia is showing. Should probably get that checked, Also I must be super popular if everyone has my number! Thanks for the support buddy!!

Shhhh.... back to your bridge - you need to get ready for your PS4 day one patch.....
---
#10BigAl519(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:31:40 AM
Hey mods, can we do something about this guy trying to derail a simple topic? Kids these days, I swear!

Anyways, so far it appears people are still having trouble trusting MS's hardware skills.
---