does an average gamer get better connections on Xbox LIVE over PSN?

#21flamesaber111Posted 10/25/2013 2:52:25 PM
TreGooda posted...
There are only below average gamers on PSN so the topic is moot.

Yeah, way to not make yourself look like an ass.
---
Can't wait for October!
Pokemon Y FC: 3609-1106-5751
#22CapwnDPosted 10/25/2013 2:58:52 PM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
on xboxlive it's all peer to peer, and microsoft is nowhere involved.

That's not correct. All matchmaking is done on microsoft servers. Messaging and party chat is on xbox servers. The gameplay is usually hosted peer to peer, but some games have dedicated servers. There have been about the same number of games on both Xbox 360 and PS3 with dedicated servers.

on psn, for pretty much all the 3rd party developers it's the same. but, all 1st party sony titles run on dedicated servers.

That is partially correct. Sony 1st party games started to use dedicated servers early in the PS3s life but many or most of the 1st party games are not dedicated servers.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#23TreGoodaPosted 10/25/2013 3:10:55 PM
flamesaber111 posted...
TreGooda posted...

It's a joke, calm down
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#24flamesaber111Posted 10/25/2013 3:12:10 PM
TreGooda posted...
flamesaber111 posted...
TreGooda posted...

It's a joke, calm down

My bad, I'm bad about stuff like that.
---
Can't wait for October!
Pokemon Y FC: 3609-1106-5751
#25gdogghenriksonPosted 10/25/2013 6:12:24 PM
As someone who owns both PS3 and Xbox 360 I definitely get better connections on xbox live.
#26TheRealPhattyJPosted 10/26/2013 6:15:03 AM
CapwnD posted...
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

That's not correct. All matchmaking is done on microsoft servers. Messaging and party chat is on xbox servers. The gameplay is usually hosted peer to peer, but some games have dedicated servers. There have been about the same number of games on both Xbox 360 and PS3 with dedicated servers.

on psn, for pretty much all the 3rd party developers it's the same. but, all 1st party sony titles run on dedicated servers.

That is partially correct. Sony 1st party games started to use dedicated servers early in the PS3s life but many or most of the 1st party games are not dedicated servers.

Name an xbox game running on dedicated servers? btw, gears of war: judgement has been shown multiple times that it's "dedicated servers" are not.

meanwhile, name a 1st party sony title that doesn't....because you can't. they all do. sorry, but facts are facts, my friend.
#27chrish909Posted 10/26/2013 6:25:35 AM
Everything about xbl is way better than psn, get over it.

How many times are people to to brag about sony games having dedicated servers, nobody plays them. Sony is like yea we'll give all 3000 of you players dedicated servers. Do they even have mlg for games like killzone and uncharted?

I played mag when it was released, 128vs128 was really fun, but the community was abandoned 2 months after release. There would litterally be like 10 matches(every match in the world) you can join and none of them were full.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#28CapwnDPosted 10/26/2013 8:05:37 AM(edited)
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
CapwnD posted...
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

Name an xbox game running on dedicated servers? btw, gears of war: judgement has been shown multiple times that it's "dedicated servers" are not.

meanwhile, name a 1st party sony title that doesn't....because you can't. they all do. sorry, but facts are facts, my friend.

Your facts are wrong, my friend. But it's OK, it's a common myth that Sony fanboys really perpetuated by people like you.

Name one 360 game with dedicated servers? Chromehounds, There's about 89 more from my count and estimation. , Frontlines Fuel of War, L4D, L4D2, and all the EA games. Both PS3 and 360 have about 60 shared EA games with dedicated servers (this is an estimate, it might be more) and the 360 has about 30 more EA games that were out before the PS3 was out. So if anything, MS probably has a few more (which would explain why there's no solid lists on the internet, because it makes sony fanboys completely wrong about which console has had more games with dedicated servers).

And you said name one PS3 first party without dedicated servers? Uncharted games, Killzone games, MGO. There's probably more, I'm not sure what games on PSN all have multiplayer. Sony 1st party games seemed to have more dedicated servers in the begining of the PS3s life, but they backed away from that, and perhaps for good reason. Can't play many old games that used dedicated servers.
---
#29CapwnDPosted 10/28/2013 12:58:03 AM
I guess my friend Phatty has nothing to say.
---