What would it mean for Sony, if the X1 still outsold PS4?

#41ApexMjolnirPosted 10/27/2013 10:49:02 PM
you guys do realize that you are trolling on the Microsoft board right?

do you not realize that September 2013 is the first month that the PS3 outsold the 360, this year... troll someone else, too because you insult your own intelligence, when you say I am trolling.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#42ApexMjolnirPosted 10/27/2013 10:57:59 PM
also... Killzone? that is your defense? None of the Killzone games have been even marginally good. I have played them all, on my OWN PS3... and they were all garbage.

So how exactly is a Next Gen version of a really bad series supposed to levee the entire console from failure in sales, when it likely get traded in so fast, sales won't matter.

Sony fanboyism is pathetic, and you are proving this.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#43Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/27/2013 11:18:09 PM(edited)
ApexMjolnir posted...
also... Killzone? that is your defense? None of the Killzone games have been even marginally good. I have played them all, on my OWN PS3... and they were all garbage.

So how exactly is a Next Gen version of a really bad series supposed to levee the entire console from failure in sales, when it likely get traded in so fast, sales won't matter.

Sony fanboyism is pathetic, and you are proving this.

The last Killzone was only a few #s off from Halo 4

IRRC KZ 3 got 84 and Halo 4 got 87

Seems to be the series are equal, at least to reviewers, oh and the consumers rated Halo 4 below KZ 3.

*Shrug*
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#44cruelbirdPosted 10/28/2013 6:47:51 AM
If the Xbox One sells well, it won't mean anything to Sony.

If the PS4 sells well, it won't mean anything to MS.

If XB1 cuts into PS4's sales, then THAT will hurt Sony. This isn't done by a company selling a lot of systems, it's done by a competitor making dumb mistakes (dumb mistakes being lack of games, RRoD, internet downtime, DRM fiasco, etc.) At current estimates (not by me, but by professional analysts) it looks like both consoles will do well.

They operate on different niches. Even though their games overlap their user-bases don't necessarily overlap. The high interest in Sony right now isn't doom for Microsoft and it's certainly not a measure of the console 5 years or even 1 year from now, it just means that Sony's apathetic fan base at the beginning of the PS3 cycle is more invigorated and motivated by Sony's moves lately.

At the end of the day software sales and subscriptions are what matter. I don't see either company doing bad in those respects.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#45TreGoodaPosted 10/28/2013 6:51:37 AM
Izraeil posted...
It's hard to believe how delusional some people are, PS3 sold more consoles, has better rated and better selling exclusives and somehow it lagged behind. The only thing it lagged behind was in release date, which is the only reason 360 got as far as it did.

Didn't the 360 sell like 70 million more games?

Nobody cares about the third world markets Sony dominates, those people don't buy any games.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#46ILikesCheesePosted 10/28/2013 6:52:54 AM
TaurenStrength posted...
What would it mean for Sony, if the X1 still outsold PS4?

It would be a lot like Bush Jr STILL winning the 2004 election even after all the crap had come out about him and his administration.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?