If a $500 next gen console cant run CoD: Ghosts in 1080p native, MS is in deep

#61zinsindettaPosted 10/27/2013 5:54:57 AM
ottothecat2003 posted...
slyman19 posted...
STE573 posted...
Combo626 posted...
"If a $400 console can't play Blu-Ray movies from it's native company, $ony is in deep"
See what I did there?

I like how you cleverly used a "$" for the "S" of Sony in a bid to defend the most anti-consumer gaming company of all time, that being Microsoft.

If you can't see how MS are royally screwing the gamers through policy changes and demanding parity then you are no more than a shill of MS.

Sony totally didn't release an expensive handheld only to pretty much abandon it months later. Nor did they charge an insane amount of money for very little memory. They certainly didn't cheap out on network security and comprise millions of people's info. Sony is so good to us that they wouldn't jack up the price of their consoles by forcing their formats.

All hail Sony!

Vita abandoned? They just released this for it last month.
http://i.imgur.com/6Bu63Td.jpg

Are releasing Tearaway next month.
Possibly making an Infamous game for it.
Making Gravity Rush sequel.
Soul Sacrifice 2
Developing new game "Freedom Wars"
Sony Bend unannounced AAA game.

There are others that'll be announced soon.

Plus you can use the Vita to play your PS4 remotely from anywhere with an internet connection.

Abandoned indeed!

Way to reach there. I think in 2008 they were possibly making a Final Fantasy Versus, The Last Guardian and Agent game for the PS3. That was even less a reach
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#62InjusticeRebornPosted 10/27/2013 6:33:47 AM
STE573 posted...

I agree with your second paragraph, they did respond appropriately, we now do have an Xbox One that is a more enticing offer. But that takes absolutely nothing away from what they were willing to do does it? Or am I wrong in thinking that a simple policy change erases all that was said before? I don't care about the feedback and I don't care about the Pre Orders because they don't mean anything in a world where MS would have been just as happy to enforce such restrictions if Sony was as well.

ITP: we all hold grudges against something that might have been.

Oh and also ITP: we brush under the rug that Sony was going to do the same policies?

Damn, I was going to pop to the corner shop for some milk, but I decided not to because I like reading through this sort of stuff. I hope the other half doesn't hold a grudge against me UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

STE573 posted...
Where did I say MS were demanding parity for Ghosts? I happen to believe that if the parity thing is true then Activision is doing the right thing by showing MS the finger and having a higher native res on PS4 and not caring because the X1 needs COD at launch that much that they won't deny them the platform. We do know that MS is demanding Parity for BF4, and how anyone can say that they aren't effectively being a spoilt child by threatening to not allow games on their platform if parity is not there is pathetic and out right anti consumer.

STE573 posted...

If you can't see how MS are royally screwing the gamers through policy changes and demanding parity then you are no more than a shill of MS.

You didn't mentioned Ghosts specifically, but in a topic about the game in question, you need to be precise if you stray away from it.

Oh and also, please link official word from Dice that they neutered BF4 because of the Xbox One's lack of capability, other than that idiot from Furious Fanboys. :rollseyes:

Again, I will echo my conclusion, that PS supporters versus Xbox supporters is just as bad as BF supporters versus CoD supporters. The amount of hypocrisy is overwhelming.
#63jsplisimPosted 10/27/2013 6:27:46 PM
I think that folks are confusing "XBOX One CoD may not run in 1080p native" with "XBOX One can't run games in 1080p native."
---
There's the deltoids of compassion; There's the abs of being kind.
It's not enough to bash in heads, you've got to bash in minds...
#64TRC-G00SEPosted 10/27/2013 7:28:37 PM
whitelytning posted...
Except COD Ghosts on XB1 has more pre-orders than the PS4 version...

(graphics don't matter as much as some of you neck beards think they do)

Yep.
And with the ps4 having more pre orders it proves your point even more.

Funny how graphics did not matter last gen to them but now its all we hear.

As my friend said the other day. " its about time multiplats are made to our level(xbox) because ps3 has been gimping us for years."
---
****!
#65Legend524Posted 10/27/2013 9:05:01 PM
ApexMjolnir posted...
If the Vita is not included in the Box, I am Cancelling my Pre-order.

If Sony's track record is anything to think of, You can guarantee that the PS4 is going to have massive hardware failure prior to the Xbox One ever having it. Every Sony Console has had major hardware failures... Having to turn your Playstation upside-down? anyone remember having to do this? I do... What about Ps2's that decide they don't want to read CD or DVD discs... and they choose by themself which one not to read.

Sure I was Able to fix both of these consoles on my own, but I am an electronics wizard. They both required replacing parts, and eventually needed to replace the console itself.

The PS3, Mine died... My sister's died... 2 of my other friend's systems died. I literally put 150 hours of use on My PS3, and it was yellow Lighted... My day one 360 lasted 3 years... and I re-seated the heatsink, and it worked again for about a month.

Microsoft knows all about what it means to learn from your failures... Sony... not so much. They know how to focus on magic, and keeping secrets... remember when they got hacked, and lost all of their customer's personal information, including Credit cards, and bank accounts, Online service was shut down for months, and then they removed the ability to use homebrew and booting your PS3 as a linux computer? No, then Sony did their part of Copperfielding you.

Microsoft at least built in a failure system that says, HEY I'M BROKEN... CALL MICROSOFT... AND THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW THE WARRANTY IS UP OR NOT.

Sure I was mad that somehow, my 360 was out of Warranty when it Red-Ringed, and that just a week after I opened it and "fixed" it myself, they extended the warranty to include Red-Rings for 3 years, I still went out and Bought the Elite... which also Red-Ringed... but by then they already had the situation under control...

Somehow, Sony still bricks consoles on the Daily, Yellow Lighting even the newest console that they make. They charge you $59 for round trip shipping... to fix it... or you can buy the warranty from the store... which unless you take the console with you everywhere... or blow smoke directly into the disc drive... your console should never need an extended warranty... which costs up to $100.

I have been on to Sony since I was a Kid, and into High End Computers and Audio. Sony was one of the Best on the market for Audio Receivers... in fact the receiver I own now is Sony, and it has its moments where it only puts out 50 watts per channel, instead of 110... or shuts down my center channel amp for no reason. My previous receivers all would get the [P] error, which means it is trying to protect the speakers... which I would have believed, if they were not 15" Cerwin Vega tower speakers... but they were.

From that point forward I swore to Never Own a Sony Product again... but hey... They tricked me enough to even get me to name my Dog, Sony... So yeah... Magic. Microsoft still makes the console I am buying on Day One.

um...that ps2 problem could be fixed with a laser lens cleaner....and so can the ps1. never had to flip it over, just clean the lens. are you really ignoring the RROD was more widespread then the ylod? microsoft HAD to extend the warrenty, because it happened so much. if we go by rep, do you really think that the sony console will die first? just because your case is different ( i still have my launch ps3) it doesnt mean xbox systems last longer. im pretty sure more 360's died .

Microsoft at least built in a failure system that says, HEY I'M BROKEN... CALL MICROSOFT... AND THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW THE WARRANTY IS UP OR NOT.

lmao.... you need a promp to tell you your system is bricked?
#66StrongBlackVinePosted 10/27/2013 9:21:03 PM
whitelytning posted...

Only slightly more. However, Battlefield 4, Assassins's Creed IV, NBA 2K14, Fifa are selling much better on PS4. PS4 will have the superior of every popular multiplat and also sell more software than Xflop. PlayStation exclusives will also sell more this gen with PS4 dominating. Expect Killzone and inFAMOUS to both sell MUCH better than previous games. Microsoft with have to suck it up an accept they screwed this gen up.
#67StrongBlackVinePosted 10/27/2013 9:39:46 PM(edited)
Jiggy101011 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
But back on topic, Yep M$ is in big trouble if a game like Cod can't run at 60 fps when they are in Microsofts pocktes and they used to ge the best version first on the 360.

Next gen looks totally the opposite since Xbone uses Esram and is a lot harder to develop for then the PS4 I'm guessing this multi plat game is just the start unless devs take alot more time with Xboxne games.

Once again, http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41567/USA/

You say trouble, I say gamers are speaking with their wallets. Pretend you work at Microsoft and you see that the top 3 pre-ordered games are for a Microsoft console, would you be sitting there saying "boy we are in some deep trouble"?

Yeah because most gamers are just used to call of duty being the best on Xbox. But maybe after this installment it will change once they find out the PS4 runs 3rd party games better.

Then I guess you and I will have to continue this argument a year from now. As of this year, the console of choice for COD is a Microsoft console. Perhaps in 2014 that will be the year they go to the PS4, unfortunately neither you or myself can know for certain the future, all we can go off of is now.

PS4 has COD, BF4 and Killzone Shadow Fall with over 250K preorders. PS4 is the new competitive shooter console. Maybe Xflop can catch up with Titafall, but it probably still sell way more on 360....and Titanflop will also run 720p!
PS
#68SparkItUpPosted 10/27/2013 10:02:00 PM
While I am not even close to being an XB1 supporter....I personally find the different between 720p & 1080p to be nominal...While you can see the difference, it really isn't enough to make it a huge issue..I think graphics are the worst thing to argue about when the difference is marginal, and in most games...inconsequential.

I think the XB1 has much bigger issues to worry about before they worry about graphics. Don't get me wrong TC, I understand your complaint or issue, but again, in the grand scheme of things that the XB1 has wrong, I'd consider graphics to be the last thing on the list to worry about.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#69FenriswolfPosted 10/27/2013 11:44:04 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
whitelytning posted...

Only slightly more. However, Battlefield 4, Assassins's Creed IV, NBA 2K14, Fifa are selling much better on PS4. PS4 will have the superior of every popular multiplat and also sell more software than Xflop. PlayStation exclusives will also sell more this gen with PS4 dominating. Expect Killzone and inFAMOUS to both sell MUCH better than previous games. Microsoft with have to suck it up an accept they screwed this gen up.

Your rear is not a valid source, sorry. And how did the Vita sell with the "exlusive" Assassin's Creed Liberation? LMAO
---
Hello