Since when did people care so much about Dead Rising?

#1NathanDrakeSwagPosted 10/25/2013 4:26:11 PM
I don't remember anyone ever talking about the series before and now just because Dead Rising 3 is an exclusive it is suddenly supposed to be some AAA system seller.

I always looked at it as a bargain bin series. The kinds of games you pick up for $20 during a drought.
#2ZezrsPosted 10/25/2013 4:27:05 PM
Since they went into denial about all the terrible games coming out.
#3BruceLee1974Posted 10/25/2013 4:30:26 PM
But Dead Rising USED to be a good game. I loved the first Dead Rising as it was more of a serious type of game kind of like Resident Evil. THen they just went overboard with it and turned it more into a arcade game with crazy stuff.

ANd it's fun for a bit killing zombies but gets boring quick. But I think Dying Light will be a much better zombie game, well going off the trailer its looking pretty sweet.
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 10/25/2013 4:34:09 PM
DR1 was great, Case Zero was great. Just because ponies didn't get the good installments and thus ignored the hype over them doesn't mean DR3 is the first people have hyped the series. In fact, I remember ponies talking up the series right around 2... just like Mass Effect... after PS3 was on the table. Hmm...
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#5SonyPonyTonyPosted 10/25/2013 4:44:32 PM
it looks like a really fun game, but I think the reason all these ponies are clamoring for it is because they hardly have any other games at launch
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#6ZezrsPosted 10/25/2013 4:45:39 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
it looks like a really fun game, but I think the reason all these ponies are clamoring for it is because they hardly have any other games at launch

Do you have your own cereal brand?
#7FatCatAttackPosted 10/25/2013 4:52:53 PM
Since it became fodder for the console war. Dead Rising is a cool concept but it looks like it has lost it's way with the third installment. Same problem the later Batman games have with Asylum: wide scope and open world != better game. Constantly mulching through zombies to move around the city will over emphasize the repetitive nature of the game.
---
ilcal: Everything makes baby jesus cry. That's why i hate babies.
CS Turgid_Walrus
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/25/2013 4:57:17 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
Since when did people care so much about Dead Rising?
ever since the first one. best game of the summer that year (that and saints). it's sort of the reverse of the uncharted series. the 1st one was great. no big deal with the 2nd. now the 3rd game looks amazing again.
#9Kira2897Posted 10/25/2013 5:06:48 PM
I swear I am the only one who liked the second one.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1593 2788 1705
#10CyberneticRatPosted 10/25/2013 5:07:15 PM
FatCatAttack posted...
Since it became fodder for the console war. Dead Rising is a cool concept but it looks like it has lost it's way with the third installment. Same problem the later Batman games have with Asylum: wide scope and open world != better game. Constantly mulching through zombies to move around the city will over emphasize the repetitive nature of the game.

If you've played any other Dead Rising game, mulching through zombies to move around the world should already be quite familiar to you. Plus, every player just ducks and weaves through the zombie horde, only taking on zombies if necessary. With the inclusion of cars and absence of loading times, it should make traveling through the world much faster.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts