The reason sony is losing momentum to Xbox One?

#1SonyPonyTonyPosted 10/25/2013 4:39:13 PM
As we approach the launch date of the next gen consoles, it really starting to look like the PS4 was desperately rushed by sony so as to avoid playing catchup to MS.

We find out today that there will be a day one patch for the PS4, something MS announced they would have over a month ago. Is this because Sony realizes they aren't ready for their launch? Sounds like Sony is experiencing difficulty here. Everyone knows the launch lineup for sony is pretty bad. While MS seems to have a robust launch wave of games, sony has one or two exclusives, and neither can compete with the AAA titles of FM5 and DR3. Edge recently came out with an article laying out the deficiency of games for the PS4, there's really very little reason for anyone to get a PS4 at launch and among those that do there's going to be a lot of unhappy gamers looking to return their console when they get it home and find out their games won't work without a patch because they have no internet.

Now we're hearing experts saying that Sony and MS will likely be shipping the same amount of consoles by the end of the year. Preorders it appears, are not equivalent to sales. With the creator of Resident Evil joining the overwhelming group of devs like Kojima coming out saying the PS4 is roughly equal to the X1 in power, sony appears to have run out of steam. Perhaps sony should have spent more time and effort giving gamers a true next gen system instead of PS3.5 which is what it's turning out to be.

In closing I'm not saying PS4 is a bad system, not at all, I will probably want to buy one once it gets a price drop in a year or two and after it gets a few good games (it certainly doesn't have any right now) so please don't call me an bot. Civilized discussions about the nex gen launches only here.
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#2unclekoolaid73Posted 10/25/2013 4:40:49 PM
Opinions are great!!!
#3Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/25/2013 4:41:20 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
In closing I'm not saying PS4 is a bad system, not at all,

That's exactly what you're saying
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#4SonyPonyTony(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 4:41:47 PM
cheers mate. without opinions we have nothing
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#5ZezrsPosted 10/25/2013 4:44:07 PM
The iPhone 5S beats the PS4 in terms of specs. Also, it has a retina display that blows the pathetic 1080p resolution of the PS4 out of the atwer.
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/25/2013 4:45:13 PM
I dunno, people are realizing the Xbox One is just a slightly overclocked Xbox 360 with a better kinect with the news that Ghosts is running at the same settings as the 360 version.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#7TrickyPonyPosted 10/25/2013 4:45:42 PM
Zezrs posted...
The iPhone 5S beats the PS4 in terms of specs. Also, it has a retina display that blows the pathetic 1080p resolution of the PS4 out of the atwer.

Angry Birds is a killer app. PS4 has no answer for it
#8FatCatAttackPosted 10/25/2013 4:50:17 PM
PS4 isn't rushed. It was worked on well within the PS3 lifecycle. To get console out for launch they have to be building the things for months which takes time. All the while they were working on firmware. Even non-internet focused Nintendo had a patch.
---
ilcal: Everything makes baby jesus cry. That's why i hate babies.
CS Turgid_Walrus
#9Reel_Big_MikePosted 10/25/2013 4:57:36 PM
I honestly think the reason that Sony is losing a little ground as we near launch is that people are realizing the PS4 is simply a PS3 with souped up hardware. Microsoft, for better or worse, are at least trying to introduce some new "next-gen" ideas (cable box integration, exclusive TV series created by MS Studios, camera that can track heart rate and facial expression, etc.) I'm not saying you have to like them, but there are unarguably points of differentiation.

Not saying I won't, a year or so down the line, get a PS4 for its great exclusives. I'm just saying that the Xbox One has more unique features that set it apart from current-gen consoles.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#10FatCatAttackPosted 10/25/2013 5:02:31 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
I honestly think the reason that Sony is losing a little ground as we near launch is that people are realizing the PS4 is simply a PS3 with souped up hardware. Microsoft, for better or worse, are at least trying to introduce some new "next-gen" ideas (cable box integration, exclusive TV series created by MS Studios, camera that can track heart rate and facial expression, etc.) I'm not saying you have to like them, but there are unarguably points of differentiation.

Not saying I won't, a year or so down the line, get a PS4 for its great exclusives. I'm just saying that the Xbox One has more unique features that set it apart from current-gen consoles.

I'm not really seeing any ground loss at all. I think that's more of a perception since there was a flurry of bad news for XBOX one in rapid succession followed by some relief. The problem with the media based approach is that day one adopters are gonna be the hardcore and the general casual audience will have to be seduced from their el cheapo set top boxes (Chromecast is like 30 bucks).
---
ilcal: Everything makes baby jesus cry. That's why i hate babies.
CS Turgid_Walrus