I, too, finally got to see the XB1 on display at my local BestBuy.

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/25/2013 6:31:57 PM
It was a demo console but they don't offer the option to play demos on it just yet, so for now, I can only explain how it seems cosmetically.

Honestly, the biggest surprise was actually noticing the size of the kinect. It wasn't nearly as large as I thought it would be. In length, it actually seemed a bit smaller than the current kinect, but with obviously more depth. The console was as big as I thought it would be, though. It's size is most apparent when you notice its depth.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#2icewolf74Posted 10/25/2013 6:41:37 PM
You were able to make out the depth of the console? At my local Best Buy they had the Xbox One sitting half out of the wall and half in the wall that was holding the hard plastic shell case. How deep would you say the console is, length wise?
#3ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:44:51 PM
icewolf74 posted...
You were able to make out the depth of the console? At my local Best Buy they had the Xbox One sitting half out of the wall and half in the wall that was holding the hard plastic shell case. How deep would you say the console is, length wise?

Mine was almost in the same situation, except they hadn't finished setting up the case yet. It was essentially sitting in the case with the correct lighting, but without that cutaway backdrop. They added that in a few days later.

Anywho, it was surprisingly deep. I wouldn't say 12 inches, but close to that, it seemed. Maybe somewhere around 10 inches. It reminded me of a small desktop computer tower that was lying flat.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#4icewolf74Posted 10/25/2013 6:49:27 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
icewolf74 posted...

Mine was almost in the same situation, except they hadn't finished setting up the case yet. It was essentially sitting in the case with the correct lighting, but without that cutaway backdrop. They added that in a few days later.

Anywho, it was surprisingly deep. I wouldn't say 12 inches, but close to that, it seemed. Maybe somewhere around 10 inches. It reminded me of a small desktop computer tower that was lying flat.

Awesome! Thanks for reply. :)
#5ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:51:49 PM
No prob :)
---
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/25/2013 7:41:54 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
. It wasn't nearly as large as I thought it would be. In length, it actually seemed a bit smaller

That's what all my past girlfriends said ;/
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#7ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 7:43:55 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
. It wasn't nearly as large as I thought it would be. In length, it actually seemed a bit smaller

That's what all my past girlfriends said ;/

+1
---