dead rising 3 OS footage - sports cars, no slowdown, more than 24 AI characters

#11AlexanaxelaPosted 10/26/2013 12:23:38 PM
i just never got the hype for this series, it's always seemed to be more about quantity than quality with it. I mean it's like "hey look a bajillion zombies in front of you, just walk forward and mash the attack button and you'll be fine."
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#12BraxSimeonPosted 10/26/2013 12:27:10 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
i just never got the hype for this series, it's always seemed to be more about quantity than quality with it. I mean it's like "hey look a bajillion zombies in front of you, just walk forward and mash the attack button and you'll be fine."

I played the first DR demo forever. It was a blast. Then, I bought the game when it came out - it wasn't a blast.

Started each of the free DR2 Games with Gold things - didn't get too far into them - maybe they're good, I dunno.

That being said, I could see how going open world could make things fun.
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#13656stoogePosted 10/26/2013 2:21:06 PM
slyman19 posted...
656stooge posted...
It's looking much, much better. Hope it comes to PS4.

Microsoft is funding and publishing the game, so unless the rights to DR are sold and MS sells their publishing rights to the game also (like what happened to ME), you'll be hoping for a long time.

I've heard that before. MS doesn't seem capable of holding onto 3rd party exclusives. Just slap Fran West into the game and add a few more options and you can call it Dead Rising 3: Sigma.
---
*changed my mind. The Last of Us is amazing!*
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#14SnoicFactorPosted 10/26/2013 2:25:32 PM
Do you do anything else in the game other than fight non stop zombie waves?
---
nt
#15ssj954vegitoPosted 10/26/2013 2:35:15 PM
656stooge posted...

Hahahah.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#16SnoicFactorPosted 10/26/2013 2:42:48 PM
ssj954vegito posted...
656stooge posted...

Hahahah.

Seeing as how Capcom is having financial issues, it's more likely than not. I expect it on PS4 with the DLC and better graphics perhaps. Still, the timed exclusivity helps X1.
---
nt
#17slyman19Posted 10/26/2013 2:46:16 PM
SnoicFactor posted...
ssj954vegito posted...
656stooge posted...

Hahahah.

Seeing as how Capcom is having financial issues, it's more likely than not. I expect it on PS4 with the DLC and better graphics perhaps. Still, the timed exclusivity helps X1.

Capcom doesn`t have a say though. Microsoft is fully funding and publishing Dead Rising 3. Unless MS sells its publishing rights, the best you could hope for is a PC port.
#18nerdy65Posted 10/26/2013 2:52:18 PM
Dead rising isnt just killing zombies. its a thrilling experience geared toward survival and just having fun. its got tons of collectables, exploration, and weapons to find and unlock. plus a decent story, with fun little objectives to do, an addicting proggression system, and above all else, online co op. Dead rising games appeal to a small audience of people like myself, but dead rising 3 looks to make it more accessible with no time limit, and a seamless open world. You guys will be surprised how good the game will turn out when its released.
#19SilentS89Posted 10/26/2013 2:56:12 PM
I've always enjoyed Dead Rising.

But I fear that without the time limits something important will be missing from the formula.

I've always enjoyed the challenge of racing against the clock to save the survivors while completing the story.

It was kinda a game where you can complete any goal you dedicate yourself to, but you can't complete all the goals because you can't be everywhere at once. You had to prioritize because of the time limit.

I am concerned that taking that away will damage the game.
#20DoukouPosted 10/26/2013 3:06:30 PM
SilentS89 posted...
I've always enjoyed Dead Rising.

But I fear that without the time limits something important will be missing from the formula.

I've always enjoyed the challenge of racing against the clock to save the survivors while completing the story.

It was kinda a game where you can complete any goal you dedicate yourself to, but you can't complete all the goals because you can't be everywhere at once. You had to prioritize because of the time limit.

I am concerned that taking that away will damage the game.

You have the option of turning the timer back on.
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA