Install sizes for Ryse, Forza 5, DR3 revealed

#31ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/26/2013 10:07:42 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
External drives are an unacceptable solution to a completely unnecessary and artificially imposed limitation that exists only because MS is inept. They could offer bigger drives or even stop being anti-consumer and allow users to replace drives like Sony has every generation. Why should I have an external box attached to compensate for MS screwing up yet again?

This, times 100x. Plus, it's pretty awesome having the ability to use SSDs.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#32Dr_KainPosted 10/26/2013 10:13:48 AM
Dead Rising is OMG BUY THE DLC size!!!!
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#33True_FoeHammerPosted 10/26/2013 10:40:51 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...
Meaning you need a more expensive internal drive that offers less storage than I can get in a cheaper external drive.

Wait I thought internal drives were cheaper than external?
Also, does the ps4 support ssd?

They are pretty much the same in cost.

And yes, the PS4 does support SSDs, as does the PS3.
#34TheKing012Posted 10/26/2013 10:41:46 AM
how the **** is Forza 5 that large?

it barely manages to look better than the majority of 360 games.
#35old_school227Posted 10/26/2013 11:15:01 AM
Assuming 35GB is the average, you can only store 14 games at a time. That's not even taking into account how much space the OS takes up, or DLC, movies, music, and apps.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#36GambitbuzzkillPosted 10/26/2013 11:41:43 AM
So let me get this straight MS is the bad guy for letting ppl just plug in a hdd cause I would rather do that then opening my system to install anything.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#37hiplockPosted 10/26/2013 11:46:16 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
So let me get this straight MS is the bad guy for letting ppl just plug in a hdd cause I would rather do that then opening my system to install anything.

They're both the bad guy. MS should allow you to upgrade the hdd. Sony should allow you to add an external, and not limit you to 2.5" drives.
#38OutFromUndrPosted 10/26/2013 12:16:53 PM
Masterchief5525 posted...
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
might as well just go digital

I'd rather own the actual disc.

I'm feeling so on the fence with what to do because I agree with both of these sentiments. I know I'm in the minority here, but I wish Microsoft stuck with their original strategy :/
---
GT: Tommot67
#39regsantotomasPosted 10/26/2013 12:19:16 PM
Since I don't trade or otherwise resell games, digital makes more sense especially since sharing in the future will likely be limited to digital purchases; plus I'm out of shelf space.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#40Dr_KainPosted 10/27/2013 12:07:33 AM
hiplock posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...

They're both the bad guy. MS should allow you to upgrade the hdd. Sony should allow you to add an external, and not limit you to 2.5" drives.

Sony is not limiting you.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.