Install sizes for Ryse, Forza 5, DR3 revealed

#51JobocanPosted 10/27/2013 11:38:34 AM
Foxx3k posted...
Masterchief5525 posted...
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
might as well just go digital

I'd rather own the actual disc.

I'd rather have digital features.

But I'd rather rather have competitive pricing.

Digital features? Like?
And competitive prices? You can get the games physically, at launch, for 10-20$ less than the digital version, and digital versions (other than on steam) have that tendency to never or very rarely lower in price, so physical is ALWAYS the better deal for console games. Your post is rather meaningless.

Also keep in mind a lot of people have internet bandwidth limits. In my case, downloading any of those would suck out more than half of my bandwidth in one swoop.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#52RyuuHou25Posted 10/27/2013 11:39:57 AM
irregulardull posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Also, MS has never confirmed that you can put game installs on the external.

Currently, I am playing my digital copy of Tales of Vesperia that's installed on a 64GB PNY jump drive.

I don't know if Microsoft confirmed it or not, but I don't think it's outrageous to assume that external installs will be a possibility.

I don't put anything past companies to not include that a current system can. Sony, brilliant idiots that they are, aren't allowing for custom backgrounds on the PS4, at least not right away. Something that PS3 has been able to do for years now.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#532kAddictPosted 10/27/2013 1:51:31 PM
Jobocan posted...
Foxx3k posted...

Digital features? Like?
And competitive prices? You can get the games physically, at launch, for 10-20$ less than the digital version, and digital versions (other than on steam) have that tendency to never or very rarely lower in price, so physical is ALWAYS the better deal for console games. Your post is rather meaningless.

Also keep in mind a lot of people have internet bandwidth limits. In my case, downloading any of those would suck out more than half of my bandwidth in one swoop.

Digital features like instantly switching between games without having to change the disc. That is a feature that I am actually looking forward to. Also they may be bringing back the family share feature for digital downloads. I called my ISP and added unlimited data to my internet for an extra $10/month so I'll be going all digital.
#542kAddictPosted 10/27/2013 2:17:19 PM
2kAddict posted...
Jobocan posted...
Foxx3k posted...

Digital features? Like?

Digital features like instantly switching between games without having to change the disc. That is a feature that I am actually looking forward to. Also they may be bringing back the family share feature for digital downloads. I called my ISP and added unlimited data to my internet for an extra $10/month so I'll be going all digital.

Also, where are you getting games for less than $60 at launch? Just curious.
#55_Elite_Bushido_Posted 10/27/2013 2:18:40 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...
Izraeil posted...
PS4 does not have mandatory installs.
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/394021687475183616

Umm, bud..... thats another way of saying mandatory install. Auto install. lol. Got to hand it to Sony tho. They know how to string people along and have the puppets buy into every word.

Never heard of 45 GB caching before >.>

Also, you realize X1 support of external HDDs is not coming for awhile? Also, MS has never confirmed that you can put game installs on the external.

You don't know how long it'll be and you also never knew you can already play games off of external memory devices already for the 360, bad troll bad
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
FC: 0834-1795-7959
#56RyuuHou25Posted 10/27/2013 2:40:38 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...
Izraeil posted...
PS4 does not have mandatory installs.
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/394021687475183616

Umm, bud..... thats another way of saying mandatory install. Auto install. lol. Got to hand it to Sony tho. They know how to string people along and have the puppets buy into every word.

Never heard of 45 GB caching before >.>

Also, you realize X1 support of external HDDs is not coming for awhile? Also, MS has never confirmed that you can put game installs on the external.

You don't know how long it'll be and you also never knew you can already play games off of external memory devices already for the 360, bad troll bad

Read my last post about not assuming features on one system will automatically be on another.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#57MmaguyPosted 10/27/2013 2:45:50 PM
Pretty big file sizes, and pretty long downloads (unless the download speed on the new consoles is drastically increased).

At 500GB, you're getting about 12 games installed at 40GB each. That's a good deal of games when you consider that you'll only be playing 1-2 games at a time (at least I do), and then have 2-3 of them in reserve, and some extra space for other content or more games. I'd like to have double that, but 500GB works enough to suit my needs.
#58irregulardullPosted 10/27/2013 3:43:31 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Read my last post about not assuming features on one system will automatically be on another.

I read it; it's silly. Do you honestly think Microsoft wouldn't carry over that feature, particularly in the face of an internal hard drive you can't replace?

Oh, by the way: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/02/xbox-one-external-storage-not-supported-at-launch

Second to last paragraph:

The Xbox One comes with a 500GB internal harddrive as standard that cannot be replaced, though at the console's announcement back in March it was confirmed external storage could be connected via the USB 3.0 port to use for game installs and downloads.