Apparently the XB1 controller has been release early, Where can I pick one up?

#1MarblesbunbunPosted 10/26/2013 1:13:16 PM
According to IGN the XB1 controller was released early, and you can pick them up at retailers, they even have an unboxing video. So where can I pick one up?

I am planning on using it on my PC. Yea I know the "official" support won't be till 2014, but I do think that's wireless support, while physical (via the mini USB cable) should be detected and with a little effort work perfectly. If that doesn't work, then 3rd party drivers should work like the ones for a PS3 controller.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2xHughJasxPosted 10/26/2013 1:52:36 PM
link?
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#3Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 2:38:51 PM(edited)
xHughJasx posted...
link?

Only link I have is the PS4 unboxing, while comments said that the Xbox One controller was ALSO available already.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/24/unboxing-playstation-4s-dualshock-4-controller

All Xbox One controller unboxing have been removed from sites like YouTube
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#4xHughJasxPosted 10/26/2013 2:40:02 PM
I see nothing in that link referring to the xbox one controller launching early.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#5AlexanaxelaPosted 10/26/2013 2:43:13 PM
your source is random comments for another video?
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#6Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 2:48:35 PM(edited)
Alexanaxela posted...
your source is random comments for another video?

Also random unboxing videos and news casts...
None of which for the Xbox One I can find off hand...

So if the reports or information was fake/wrong (which explains the blackout suddently) I will remove this post.

Oddly the PS4 version of this thread (For the PS4 controller) people are already showing they own one.

---
#7mike468Posted 10/26/2013 2:55:41 PM
Most likely place would be ebgames or Gamestop. It's no unheard of. I picked up a 360 wired PC pad a month before the 360 launched.

The problem though is that MS has stated that the XBO pad won't work on PC right now because they haven't released/created the drivers for the controller. And won't until sometime next year. So it is more or less useless until the system itself launches.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#8Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 2:58:38 PM
mike468 posted...
Most likely place would be ebgames or Gamestop. It's no unheard of. I picked up a 360 wired PC pad a month before the 360 launched.

The problem though is that MS has stated that the XBO pad won't work on PC right now because they haven't released/created the drivers for the controller. And won't until sometime next year. So it is more or less useless until the system itself launches.

As I said, I am guessing that's for full rumble and wireless support.
Since Microsoft created Xinput, it should work rudimentary out of the box since the 360 wired is the PC standard.
If not, a 3rd party coder should have it cracked within 2 days of release like the PS3 controller "Motion Joy" was.
---
#9mike468Posted 10/26/2013 3:28:03 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
mike468 posted...

As I said, I am guessing that's for full rumble and wireless support.
Since Microsoft created Xinput, it should work rudimentary out of the box since the 360 wired is the PC standard.
If not, a 3rd party coder should have it cracked within 2 days of release like the PS3 controller "Motion Joy" was.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was only going by what MS said. i assumed it wouldn't work because of tech that lets it work/switch between wired and wirelessly.

Also I found this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wireless-controller-for-xbox-one/9008289.p;jsessionid=BF6F11C99E2D535141E4941BC7B6DBDD.bbolsp-app01-121?id=1219013503683&skuId=9008289&st=xbox%20one%20controller&cp=1&lp=1

Best Buy has a release date of Nov. 15. I know they also have the Day 1 XBL subscription with Shadow Jao listed as Nov. 3.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board