Apparently the XB1 controller has been release early, Where can I pick one up?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Apparently the XB1 controller has been release early, Where can I pick one up?
3 years ago#1
According to IGN the XB1 controller was released early, and you can pick them up at retailers, they even have an unboxing video. So where can I pick one up?

I am planning on using it on my PC. Yea I know the "official" support won't be till 2014, but I do think that's wireless support, while physical (via the mini USB cable) should be detected and with a little effort work perfectly. If that doesn't work, then 3rd party drivers should work like the ones for a PS3 controller.
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
3 years ago#2
link?
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
3 years ago#3
xHughJasx posted...
link?

Only link I have is the PS4 unboxing, while comments said that the Xbox One controller was ALSO available already.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/24/unboxing-playstation-4s-dualshock-4-controller

All Xbox One controller unboxing have been removed from sites like YouTube
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
3 years ago#4
I see nothing in that link referring to the xbox one controller launching early.
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
3 years ago#5
your source is random comments for another video?
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
3 years ago#6
Alexanaxela posted...
your source is random comments for another video?

Also random unboxing videos and news casts...
None of which for the Xbox One I can find off hand...

So if the reports or information was fake/wrong (which explains the blackout suddently) I will remove this post.

Oddly the PS4 version of this thread (For the PS4 controller) people are already showing they own one.
3 years ago#7
Most likely place would be ebgames or Gamestop. It's no unheard of. I picked up a 360 wired PC pad a month before the 360 launched.

The problem though is that MS has stated that the XBO pad won't work on PC right now because they haven't released/created the drivers for the controller. And won't until sometime next year. So it is more or less useless until the system itself launches.
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
3 years ago#8
mike468 posted...
Most likely place would be ebgames or Gamestop. It's no unheard of. I picked up a 360 wired PC pad a month before the 360 launched.

The problem though is that MS has stated that the XBO pad won't work on PC right now because they haven't released/created the drivers for the controller. And won't until sometime next year. So it is more or less useless until the system itself launches.

As I said, I am guessing that's for full rumble and wireless support.
Since Microsoft created Xinput, it should work rudimentary out of the box since the 360 wired is the PC standard.
If not, a 3rd party coder should have it cracked within 2 days of release like the PS3 controller "Motion Joy" was.
3 years ago#9
Marblesbunbun posted...
mike468 posted...

As I said, I am guessing that's for full rumble and wireless support.
Since Microsoft created Xinput, it should work rudimentary out of the box since the 360 wired is the PC standard.
If not, a 3rd party coder should have it cracked within 2 days of release like the PS3 controller "Motion Joy" was.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was only going by what MS said. i assumed it wouldn't work because of tech that lets it work/switch between wired and wirelessly.

Also I found this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wireless-controller-for-xbox-one/9008289.p;jsessionid=BF6F11C99E2D535141E4941BC7B6DBDD.bbolsp-app01-121?id=1219013503683&skuId=9008289&st=xbox%20one%20controller&cp=1&lp=1

Best Buy has a release date of Nov. 15. I know they also have the Day 1 XBL subscription with Shadow Jao listed as Nov. 3.
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Apparently the XB1 controller has been release early, Where can I pick one up?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived