Former IGN editor confirms BF4, CoD 720p nativeon XBox One, 1080p native on PS4

#141johns30002Posted 10/27/2013 10:41:44 AM
Foxx3k posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
johns30002 posted...
Yeomanly posted...
OP post the quotes from the twitter that confirms what you have stated, as the one's I have read are..

CoD at 720p, may be patched to higher he's not sure

Does not know BF4 res on either machine, only the same rumours as everyone else.

You making stuff up?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/call-of-duty-ghosts-ps4/cid=UP0002-CUSA00018_00-CALLDUTYGHOSTSDL

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/battlefield-4-ps4/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-BATTLEFIELD40000

If you don't feel like going through it all, it says "Video output in Full HD 1080p requires 1080p native display" for both.

Xbox One is going to output Ghosts and BF4 in 1080p as well. Y'know, cause, marketing.

Not when gaming sites like NeoGAF along with Social Media sites like Facebook & Twitter report that both COD: Ghosts & BF4 are Native 720p on Xbox One.

People aren't stupid to fall for Microsoft's BS any longer like they had with the Xbox 360.

You see, the point is, which you can't understand, is that Xbox One will output all games in 1080p. Be careful of what you read. Just because Sony says BF4 outputs in 1080p does not mean it's rendered in 1080p. There's a difference there if you're observant enough to read, understand, and think.

Thank you. Try again.

Geez, the DBGB's just don't stop. Thank you. Try again..harder.
---
Xbox One...Home of Peggle 2, LocoCycle and Kinect.lol
#142mike468Posted 10/27/2013 10:42:02 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
mike468 posted...

Learn to count:

Killzone - 250,155

Dead Rising - 86,648
Forza 5 - 90,573
Ryse - 82,888
Total - 260,109

Funny this.

You see, I said not too long ago, that there are more 'appealing' exclusives to the One, which would indicate a spread in sales, perhaps due to the it being the more expensive console also, compared to the PS4, with just Killzone.

The other day one launch, Shank (?), no one really seems interested in. I've heard little about it, from either the media of gaming public, and who would want to buy a new console without a game? Of course most are going to flock towards KZ:SF.

Me, as an example, wants to go next gen, no matter what. I'm a geek who wants most of the new tech as soon as. If I go with the One, I've got Forza 5 as a must want, the others are 'meh' to me. Now I'm just one person, there may be others like me though that, though they find Forza 5 'meh', Dead Rising may be there must want. Others, Ryse.

If I go PS4, there is nothing I really want. But I wouldn't want to buy that new console without a game, so I have to choose between which of the two bad apples are worse, and not get that. Which would make KZ the choice to have.

I'm not saying every Killzone sale is anything like my scenario, but I would bet my house that there is at least a few people who want the PS4, just because it's the new PS4, but don't really want KZ, but are getting it because the other game isn't as appealing.

Same could be said for One's games also. But there's more choices of bad apples. :P

And I will say, this is all just theory/opinion, and not meant as an indicator towards decision behind sales, just like pre-orders isn't an indicator of which game is better on whichever console, or which console has better games.

And just like pre-order charts for the US doesn't indicate world wide pre-orders. :P

I've got nothing against gamers wanting a particular system for various games (I'm getting both myself). My argument against people spouting out bold statements either without checking the facts or with no facts to back it up their statement. A blanket statement that Killzone: Shadowfall is outselling every XBO exclusive COMBINED, when that clearly isn't the case and I've proven that.

Even if you want to dispute the validity of VGCharts, I've yet to see an alternative set of numbers from another source.and unless someone can come up with numbers from NPD tracking, that source is no more credible than VGCharts.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#143Foxx3kPosted 10/27/2013 10:45:43 AM
johns30002 posted...

Geez, the DBGB's just don't stop. Thank you. Try again..harder.

Some gamers don't understand what they're reading. I'm trying to help them see that. If you think I said something incorrect, by all means form a counter-argument. In case you can't understand, I'm saying there's a difference between the render resolution and output resolution. That's a bold statement to dismiss. But if you think you can handle that, go for it.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#144StrongBlackVinePosted 10/27/2013 10:46:57 AM
mike468 posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
mike468 posted...

Learn to count:

Killzone - 250,155

Dead Rising - 86,648
Forza 5 - 90,573
Ryse - 82,888
Total - 260,109

Funny this.

You see, I said not too long ago, that there are more 'appealing' exclusives to the One, which would indicate a spread in sales, perhaps due to the it being the more expensive console also, compared to the PS4, with just Killzone.

The other day one launch, Shank (?), no one really seems interested in. I've heard little about it, from either the media of gaming public, and who would want to buy a new console without a game? Of course most are going to flock towards KZ:SF.

Me, as an example, wants to go next gen, no matter what. I'm a geek who wants most of the new tech as soon as. If I go with the One, I've got Forza 5 as a must want, the others are 'meh' to me. Now I'm just one person, there may be others like me though that, though they find Forza 5 'meh', Dead Rising may be there must want. Others, Ryse.

If I go PS4, there is nothing I really want. But I wouldn't want to buy that new console without a game, so I have to choose between which of the two bad apples are worse, and not get that. Which would make KZ the choice to have.

I'm not saying every Killzone sale is anything like my scenario, but I would bet my house that there is at least a few people who want the PS4, just because it's the new PS4, but don't really want KZ, but are getting it because the other game isn't as appealing.

Same could be said for One's games also. But there's more choices of bad apples. :P

And I will say, this is all just theory/opinion, and not meant as an indicator towards decision behind sales, just like pre-orders isn't an indicator of which game is better on whichever console, or which console has better games.

And just like pre-order charts for the US doesn't indicate world wide pre-orders. :P

I've got nothing against gamers wanting a particular system for various games (I'm getting both myself). My argument against people spouting out bold statements either without checking the facts or with no facts to back it up their statement. A blanket statement that Killzone: Shadowfall is outselling every XBO exclusive COMBINED, when that clearly isn't the case and I've proven that.

Even if you want to dispute the validity of VGCharts, I've yet to see an alternative set of numbers from another source.and unless someone can come up with numbers from NPD tracking, that source is no more credible than VGCharts.

It is close enough to outselling all 3 and probably will.
#145mike468Posted 10/27/2013 11:14:14 AM(edited)
StrongBlackVine posted...

It is close enough to outselling all 3 and probably will.

When every major retailer has stopped taking PS4 system pre-orders for the past month or so and MS has been opening up more pre-orders as we get closer to release?

Your statement is hypothetical, with no numbers to back them up. Your statement also runs both ways. I've also seen interest growing in both Dead Rising and Ryse as we get closer to release. I see both games doing better than their pre-order numbers indicate. While Interest in Killzone seems to be holding steady
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#146Shinobi120Posted 10/27/2013 3:40:17 PM(edited)
Foxx3k posted...
You see, the point is, which you can't understand, is that Xbox One will output all games in 1080p. Be careful of what you read. Just because Sony says BF4 outputs in 1080p does not mean it's rendered in 1080p. There's a difference there if you're observant enough to read, understand, and think.

Thank you. Try again.

Battlefield 4 was never going to be Native 1080p on PS4, nor did I even say that. Not to mention that Xbox One versions of games will not output in 1080p, unless they're upscaled.

Think before you write.
#147PeterLax55Posted 10/27/2013 8:34:39 PM
This is one of the stupidest arguments I have ever seen, you all need to give your head a shake.
#148assassin10133Posted 10/27/2013 8:51:35 PM
Not sure how reliable the source is on this, but one of the commentators in this article who says he's an XBO OS DEV says Ghosts and BF4 are rendered at 900P on XB1.

http://doddscientifics.com/2013/10/28/xbox-one-os-and-xbox-live-issues-bouncing-about-as-we-approach-launch/
#149Ryan-06Posted 10/27/2013 9:08:25 PM(edited)
http://i.minus.com/ibm0PdjFqyXKT3.gif

assassin10133 posted...
Not sure how reliable the source is on this, but one of the commentators in this article who says he's an XBO OS DEV says Ghosts and BF4 are rendered at 900P on XB1.

http://doddscientifics.com/2013/10/28/xbox-one-os-and-xbox-live-issues-bouncing-about-as-we-approach-launch/

Tsk tsk tsk... T_T. Come to the future! It's only $100 more than PS4! but at least the textures, framerate and resolutions are lower!
---
http://i.imgur.com/40W5r.jpg -wisdom
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. Tired of US.
#150a687947Posted 10/27/2013 11:04:27 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

Thank you. Try again.

Battlefield 4 was never going to be Native 1080p on PS4, nor did I even say that. Not to mention that Xbox One versions of games will not output in 1080p, unless they're upscaled.

Think before you write.

you probably should too, who said that none of the xbox one's versions of multi plat games will be native 1080p?