so is this true

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. so is this true
2 years ago#1
Xbox without internet connection ps4 is 40 percent stronger

Xbox with internet / cloud about equal power

it makes sense doesn't it I don't know a lot of third party developers have stated that the Xbox one and ps4 are basically the same in power

that must be with internet connection?

I'm buying an Xbox one at lunch because of the exclusiveswe'll have to see where this leads
---
Look out!
2 years ago#2
There is no such thing as going on the internet to make your Xbox stronger... You can't download hardware. The only thing that happens is if some games program computations onto the Cloud, in which case, it has advantages in certain areas but will not close the graphics gap. Cloud boosts things like world size, AI and player count, ambient effects an so on.

The only way PS4 could look about the same (or worse) is if it tries to do what should NOT be done on the console and should only be done in the Cloud. If PS4 tries to host multiplayer + 200 AIs in a P2P system, its going to kill itself.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
2 years ago#3
Cloud can do nothing what the fantrolls are suggesting.

Even if it could, no place on the planet has the bandwidth to actually use it.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
2 years ago#4
Not in this point in time it can't.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
2 years ago#5
The cloud could do a lot of complicated calculations, like with physics calculations or light maps or AI generation or etc.

The cloud does not render, things, though (although I guess it could do that for cinematics and stuff? I don't know) So for the cloud to improve "graphics," it's going to be done either as a result of affecting physics/light calculations or because it's offloading those calculations from the local hardware.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
2 years ago#6
Two completely ignorant posters above...

It takes extremely little bandwidth to do any of those things. Its also extremely common and is how MMOs run. Thats why you can walk into a town in an MMO with hundreds of AIs and people all at the same time. your computer would not be able to process that kind of information at all but the servers can easily handle it.

Some people are just afraid that the PS4 will be disadvantaged in this way. The only reason this hasn't been common in other genres outside of MMOs is because it costs a lot of money to have those servers. Now its free so essentially, anyone has access to those things. It can be used for Single Player when online as well.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
2 years ago#7
PS4 is 50% more powerful.
Clouds are not going to close that gap. The PS4 uses cloud also(rackspace).

"we'll have to see where this leads"
It leads to XBO mutiplats having a lower resolution for starters.
2 years ago#8
dirte0949 posted...
PS4 is 50% more powerful.
Clouds are not going to close that gap. The PS4 uses cloud also(rackspace).

"we'll have to see where this leads"
It leads to XBO mutiplats having a lower resolution for starters.

Sorry but saying "rackspace" is like saying "well XB1 also has a GPU!"

The difference in server power between XB1 and PS4 is closer to 2000%. Rackspace really isn't going to do anything. Rackspace themselves only have 70k servers. If Sony BOUGHT rackspace, it would still be only a fraction of the size of MS and MS's servers are actually better too.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. so is this true

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived