I'm Saddened That Xbox One Is Not My Choice For The Next-Gen

#1CrossBones3129Posted 10/26/2013 6:53:06 PM
Ever since rumors of the next Xbox started I knew I was going to be getting it because how could the Xbox go down when the 360 was so good? Well, once the Xbox One was announced with its policies and inability to allow used games, I was a little mad but I still was going to get the Xbox One. Now that the consoles have came closer to release I've been really studying the pros and cons. I'm disappointed to see that the Xbox One has all these underlying negatives. I find it ridiculous that it can't even put out 1080p games and with 60 fps. Although I really can't notice the difference between the 2, it still is a technical aspect that should be easily integrated since the last gen couldn't do it. I've finally made up my mind to get the PS4 because it's cheaper, more powerful, and you get more benefits for your paid subscription. I know people say its all about the exclusives but Halo was the main reason I bought a 360 and after Halo 3, all the Halos have sucked in my opinion. The only Xbox exclusive I liked was Titanfall but since it's coming out for 360 as well, I won't be missing out on anything. I will have to start all over finding new friends and gaining trophies.

So what I'm saying is, it sucks to see the turn Xbox has taken. I've stuck with them the past 8 years. I think the one thing that would sway me back to Xbox One, would be if they announced that backwards compatibility would be coming to Xbox One with their Azure technology. I'll continue to read news on it. I'm not trolling or trying to start a flame war, I'm simply sharing my thoughts with other Xbox 360 & Xbox One enthusiasts.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#2xHughJasxPosted 10/26/2013 6:57:43 PM
Honestly. First gen games will have issues. Once they get to the second and third and so on batch of games. You'll start to see every game at 1080/60. Trust me.

Please research the first few xbox 360/PS3 games and compare them to the games we see now.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#3thisismyusernmePosted 10/26/2013 6:59:08 PM
I agree, but I'm going to be using my Xbox they way they primarily want me to - entertainment. Netflix, YouTube HBO GO etc. They're not focused on being a gaming console anymore, Sony is. It looks like my primary gaming console has switched from Xbox to PlayStation, but ,my Xbox is going to get a hell of a lot of use as well.
---
Clan Leader, Status-DISAVOWED
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/26/2013 7:03:06 PM
There are a lot of reasons to get an XB1. But it seems TC is only concerned with graphics so he should do that and buy a PS4. There really aren't many negatives to the console aside from graphics and price.

Online isn't even a comparison. XB1 looks like its going to create a huge gap between PSN and Live. They are also focused on exclusives now and there will not likely be any surprise peripherals to distract their focus this time. Kinect and the OS has a whole crapload of features and will have unique genres + extra controls for multiplats.

XB1 seems to have advantages in gameplay, online, control options and OS functionality whereas the PS4 just has graphics. Even the controller on the X1 has a cool new feature with the rumble triggers.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 7:06:25 PM
thisismyusernme posted...
I agree, but I'm going to be using my Xbox they way they primarily want me to - entertainment. Netflix, YouTube HBO GO etc. They're not focused on being a gaming console anymore, Sony is. It looks like my primary gaming console has switched from Xbox to PlayStation, but ,my Xbox is going to get a hell of a lot of use as well.

Correct, you've made me realize some other points I wanted to note.

They shouldn't make Gold a requirement for apps that require paid subscriptions or apps that are free on other consoles/devices. I think if PS4 would have had the HDMI In and HDMI Out as well, the Xbox One would be dead for sure. I like that feature but it's not that hard to push a button on your remote to switch inputs. Another thing is that I will never use the Kinect. I game at a desk with a computer monitor, so I'm about 1-2 feet away from my monitor. Kinect wouldn't even see me. Another thing is that Microsoft/Bill Gates has always been in the government's pocket and all the news about the Kinect selling your interests and reactions to ads is what the public are bashing the NSA for.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#6DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/26/2013 7:09:45 PM
Anyone who complains about Xbox not focusing on games are obviously just trolls.

Your argument equates to less features = more focused on games. So the Wii U and Wii are much better than PS4?

The PS4 has a much lesser focus on games AND other things as well. Just because it loses in features does not mean it wins in games. MS is spending more on games and more to improve online while adding more controls and features for gamers. Sony is still trying to catch up to all the features on X360.

The only thing Sony is concerned with is not losing money anymore.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#7CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 7:12:55 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
There are a lot of reasons to get an XB1. But it seems TC is only concerned with graphics so he should do that and buy a PS4. There really aren't many negatives to the console aside from graphics and price.

Online isn't even a comparison. XB1 looks like its going to create a huge gap between PSN and Live. They are also focused on exclusives now and there will not likely be any surprise peripherals to distract their focus this time. Kinect and the OS has a whole crapload of features and will have unique genres + extra controls for multiplats.

XB1 seems to have advantages in gameplay, online, control options and OS functionality whereas the PS4 just has graphics. Even the controller on the X1 has a cool new feature with the rumble triggers.

Look at my post again, I don't even know the difference between 1080p and 720p. I don't care about graphics, but little things like that should be easy to do on a new console. I could understand the problems on the old consoles. I've never been concerned with graphics but graphcis do make a game better. I mean look at that PC Build you have. You could have nicked most of that out with cheaper lower detail things but you didn't.

I am sketchy about leaving the wonderful Xbox Live service. Idk how the PSN plays but I assume it will be upgraded tremendously with the PS4.

As far as the controls, a lot of people have been saying the PS4 controller is way better than the old controllers and better than the Xbox's, even Xbox fans have admitted this. The whole "rumble controls" will have no effect on me because since day one of gaming I've always turned off vibration. That's the key thing they have been mentioning about the Xbox One controller but I could care less. I hate vibration in my controller. I won't be buying at launch so I assume I'll be able to play with them both before I buy. I never liked the PS3 controller but since I've heard they've fixed everything. It should be enjoyable.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#8thisismyusernmePosted 10/26/2013 7:13:47 PM
CrossBones3129 posted...
thisismyusernme posted...

Correct, you've made me realize some other points I wanted to note.

They shouldn't make Gold a requirement for apps that require paid subscriptions or apps that are free on other consoles/devices. I think if PS4 would have had the HDMI In and HDMI Out as well, the Xbox One would be dead for sure. I like that feature but it's not that hard to push a button on your remote to switch inputs. Another thing is that I will never use the Kinect. I game at a desk with a computer monitor, so I'm about 1-2 feet away from my monitor. Kinect wouldn't even see me. Another thing is that Microsoft/Bill Gates has always been in the government's pocket and all the news about the Kinect selling your interests and reactions to ads is what the public are bashing the NSA for.

They'll never do it because they have a lot of exclusives like Comcast ONDemand and HBO GO and this is how they monetize access to them. The majority of their user base are already accustomed to it and established with current Gold memberships, they would be throwing money away. I always get both consoles because of the exclusive titles, but Xbox has always been my primary console. With the decisions Sony has made, and especially because of the Dualshock 4 I'm fairly certain PS4 is my gaming console of choice. I always hated the Dualkshock 3 it always hindered my experience, but the Dualshock 4 is absolutely incredible.

The Kinect is garbage as well, and Microsoft are the only ones that care about it. No one is interested in that gimmick that doesn't even work. I with they would just let it go but like you said, government kick backs. I am very glad they removed the mandatory connection. I was just going to wrap mine in soundproofing material and throw it behind my TV. Now I can just leave it in the box.
---
#9thisismyusernmePosted 10/26/2013 7:17:24 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Anyone who complains about Xbox not focusing on games are obviously just trolls.

Your argument equates to less features = more focused on games. So the Wii U and Wii are much better than PS4?

The PS4 has a much lesser focus on games AND other things as well. Just because it loses in features does not mean it wins in games. MS is spending more on games and more to improve online while adding more controls and features for gamers. Sony is still trying to catch up to all the features on X360.

The only thing Sony is concerned with is not losing money anymore.

I'm buying both consoles as I have always done so I have no need to troll. I get the best of both worlds. Microsoft is definitely more concerned in being your all in one media center more than it is a gaming console. That's why they named it the Xbox One for crying out loud. Sony is solely focused on the gaming, that's why it will more than likely be my gaming console of choice, but that's not to say I don't also like the direction Xbox is heading because it is extremely useful and convenient. Right now I use those features, Youtube Netflix HBO GO etc far more than I do any gaming and it's astonishing how many gamers out there are completely oblivious to these assets and don't bother to take advantage of them.
---
#102ndAtomiskPosted 10/26/2013 7:18:15 PM
I've never been concerned with graphics but graphcis do make a game better.

Graphics have never made a game better for me.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine