Might cancel my preorder

#31richboy900Posted 10/27/2013 5:34:45 AM
Don't blame you, I'm on the same boat. Loved original Xbox and 360, both a lot more than my ps2 and esp ps3. But the xbone is bad. Not worth the extra money.

Only thing Ms can say is that it does more than ps4, despite still having better games and probably online.
#32Madness2012Posted 10/27/2013 2:40:17 PM(edited)
kenshiki posted...
Madness2012 posted...
Cancel it,nobody is stopping you,why come on here and rant about it,when people are looking forward to the system.....

because im sure the last time we all checked, this is a forum about opinions, questions, and views. don't like the topic? stay out. its that easy.

Why don't you stay out,it's kids like you that come on here and ruin the forums by trying to get in a flaming war.The funny thing is,you didn't even give your opinion on the THE TOPIC.........KIDS
#33PastyFuryPosted 10/27/2013 3:42:13 PM
Sorry TC opinions here anger people.
#34D3x1Posted 10/27/2013 3:45:27 PM
Okay, too bad. Would you also mind teling me when your Birthday is? <3
---
o_o
#35renskyfirePosted 10/27/2013 4:56:06 PM
OMG ITS NOT GOING TO BE IN 1080p BUT 720p!?!?!? WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT BEFORE!?!?!? Oh wait that's right, in the other 50 or so topics about it. But I'll be damned if we needed another one!!!
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#36eAsymAc187Posted 10/27/2013 5:03:27 PM
AssassinINE posted...
I've been xbox all the way but this is ridiculous. How on earth can you release a console that is $100 more than your direct competition, but the games on it will look worse. I'm paying $100 extra for a stupid camera? WTF.

I had no problem paying extra for Kinect before. But now that it is confirmed that multiplatform games will run at 720p on XB1 and 1080p on PS4, why would I get XB1 now? The only exclusive I want is Titanfall. But the rumor for that is that it's going to PS4.

Just wanted to vent, will probably still end up buying it, but jesus.

get a job
#37Blizz87Posted 10/27/2013 5:19:47 PM
If you want a ps4 get one . I don't think anyone here really cares that your canceling your preorder .
#38MetroidFan9999Posted 10/27/2013 5:37:17 PM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Then just cancel it and it use the money to pick up a PS4 I don't see what the prob is really so not every game is 1080p as right now big deal. I'm sure devs will have more 1080p games coming out when they figure this ESRAM out.

I don't know if it is something that can be fixed. The issue right now is the size of it, unless they figure out how to get deferred rendering elements into the buffer quickly without giving up much space, it will be a hard sell down the road to get 1080p games with many deferred processing elements.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#39ProfanaTPosted 10/30/2013 12:23:15 PM
AssassinINE posted...
It's frustrating because I WANT to stay with xbox. I love playing on 360 and XBL. Why couldn't they have equal specs to the competition? That's their fault, not mine.

Maybe if they didn't waste so much time making the stupid Surface Tablet, they could've made XB1 with better specs.

You do realize those are entirely separate departments, right?

Yes, you are paying $100 for a Kinect 2.0. It was to be mandatory, they're patching it so it's not, but leaving it in the box anyway (think of cleaning that packaging mess up -they just left them in by default). What does this mean? They wanted users to play Kinect and Developers to implement Kinect options on their titles -but it was never justified because the numbers weren't that great...until now. Where every...single...Xbox One will come with a Kinect 2.0. Problem solved, until you lot flipped **** over NSA and spy cams and other backwards logic you could throw at it to fuel your paranoia, so the functionality of the product severely dropped -like I said, they left it in the box because that would've been a packaging nightmare.

Specs to the competition -that information is hunted for and etceteras etcetera, but they were off. Is the system AS advanced as the PS4, technically no...not looking at the numbers. Will you notice the difference... Probably not until the last leg of the console's lifetime (think Last of Us versus...Whatever came out last on 360). Then again, varying titles appear differently -Sports games can vary between arcade-y to rather realistic, whereas shooters can look really great in spots, but lack in the details. What both consoles will do is iron out those details to a more fluid experience that you will have a hard time telling the difference of whilst playing -the ONLY thing supplementing that you THINK you will spot the difference instantly is because you have the knowledge that the PS4 has a slightly more powerful system buried within is container. So then, by default, you will associate that logo and console body with "superior graphics" based on that knowledge -when in the end, really, trying to spot the difference will be difficult.

Why? The Kuleshov Effect. You are associating imagery of one to another as its paired with items. So PS4 with BF4 is better than X1 with BF4 because PS4. Your brain is defaulting to what you know has higher specs, when in reality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lspjyu31Joo#t=115
There really isn't a terribly HUGE discernible difference. Overtime, we'll see, but right now, in the first year or two, it's not going to be apparent other than some minor shadows as shown in the video above.

So again, why do we HAVE to pay $100 more for something with 50% less specs than the competitor that we don't have to even use to run the system anymore? Simple. Now every X1 gamer has the new Kinect because it would've been a packaging nightmare and likely cost them lots of money to fix it. Either they'll keep producing as is, or in later years release Kinect-Free versions for a price-drop (think the HDD Gb variant prices on the 360). But in all honesty, and as best as I can conclude, it's because they didn't want to deal with that fix prior to launch and just left things as is... So you get a gimmicky gadget you might use once or twice at a party or for an actual game -in terms of specs, I've never lost sleep over the superior PC graphics while playing BF3, nor the detail in such games as Heavy Rain of Last of Us on PS3 while gaming on my 360 (I do own a PS3, I barely play it).

To round this off, no one is forcing you to buy anything -that's on you. X1 for me because none of the original reqs upset me, and most, if not all, of my XBL friends will be on X1 again. Most of what I want to play is multi-plat, or will be. It's my go to -I'm fine with the $100 bump. Just my thoughts on the matter. Sorry for WALL-O-TEXT.
---
- Ex Corde Vita - Fortem Fors Juvat -
#40embrandedonePosted 11/1/2013 8:06:48 AM
Do it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board