Day ONE Update Has Nothing To Do With DRM?

#1Shik_stickPosted 10/27/2013 12:45:10 AM
I have to call BS on that one. Let me explain.

Im sure MS always intended to have a day one update like they said as this is expected nowadays. But it was going to be small like the PS4-updating licences and activating features and so on-which is ok. But i think they are just hiding their reversals behind this to fool us into thinking these things arent around anymore. let us use some logic for once yeah?

Firstly, as EVERY MS spokesperson said between reveal and the chain of reversals; The DRM, the used game restrictions and the Kinect being mandatory for the system to function were all part of the CORE ARCHITECTURE of the system. Meaning that X1 was built around these things. Nelson even said in his embarrassing interview with Angry Joe that this was true and to just simply do away with them would be impossible as they are integral to the system. I dont know how long they were working on the system but after all that time it would be impossible to just remove those things entirely with what, 8 or 9 months left until launch? To do that they would have needed to go back to square one essentially.

Second point is if the update has nothing to do with these things, the DRM especially, why then is the system inoperable without this update? And why is it such a large update if it were not there to disable or remove such integral aspects of the systems core architecture?

Lastly i feel that with their intention of bringing the DRM back in the future, they would have to still have it built into the system...so what better thing to do than simply disable it with an update just to be turned back on later?

So if you just use a bit of logic here, you can see past yet another lie MS has told. The DRM is definitely a big part of the day one update. To believe otherwise is just foolish. Now go ahead and call me a troll or pony or whatever else you want but i dont care. Im not going sit by and be insulted an lied to by a company that wants me to fork over upwards of a grand to get what i can get elsewhere for 400 bucks.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#2CasualNinjaPosted 10/27/2013 12:54:53 AM
I understand what you're saying, but I like how in the last sentence, you exaggerate the price to a grand, yet mention PS4's $400 price tag, you don't even include tax lol. I don't care either way as I'm not buying a new system until next summer.
#3Shik_stick(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 1:00:30 AM
CasualNinja posted...
I understand what you're saying, but I like how in the last sentence, you exaggerate the price to a grand, yet mention PS4's $400 price tag, you don't even include tax lol. I don't care either way as I'm not buying a new system until next summer.

For 400 bucks...not including tax...i will be gettin the system with a rechargeable controller(no charge and play or extra batteries needed) and five or so games. Add all of that up for the X1 and it comes up pretty close to a grand.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#4CasualNinjaPosted 10/27/2013 1:04:46 AM
Shik_stick posted...
CasualNinja posted...

For 400 bucks...not including tax...i will be gettin the system with a rechargeable controller(no charge and play or extra batteries needed) and five or so games. Add all of that up for the X1 and it comes up pretty close to a grand.

5 or so games? So they're basically free? How is that?
#5FoppePosted 10/27/2013 1:12:13 AM
From Microsoft's point of view, if they really plan to add the Always Online DRM later, then it doesn't really matter if the software is still on the system or if they will add it later with a future update.
Now what I'm worried about is that Sony will disable all DVD and Bluray playback with a future update.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6Shik_stick(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 1:14:59 AM
CasualNinja posted...
Shik_stick posted...
CasualNinja posted...

5 or so games? So they're basically free? How is that?

PSplus and F2P on day one. Plus two more PSplus games a month.
---
#7Spetsnaz420Posted 10/27/2013 1:32:40 AM
Foppe stop pretending you're buying a PS4
---
I don't conform to social convention
#8FoppePosted 10/27/2013 1:35:02 AM
Oh, I will buy a PS4.
Not at launch. Maybe a year into the future when it got a bigger gaming library and a cheaper price.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9InjusticeRebornPosted 10/27/2013 1:45:09 AM
I thought the day one patch was to disable the DRM thing? Where did you hear otherwise?

I wasn't aware Microsoft said they wanted to bring it back in the future. Again, where did you hear this from?
#10FoppePosted 10/27/2013 4:32:53 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
I thought the day one patch was to disable the DRM thing? Where did you hear otherwise?

I wasn't aware Microsoft said they wanted to bring it back in the future. Again, where did you hear this from?

Microsoft confirmed that it got nothing to do with DRM.
http://gotgame.com/2013/06/20/microsoft-xbox-one-day-one-patch-has-always-been-the-plan-regardless-of-drm-change/
That said, people believes that they are evil and lied about it.
Which is the exact same logic they use when they say that Microsoft will bring it back later.
---