Wait. Transistor is made by the Bastion people? Why the hell is it not on Xbox?

#1Br1ck_Reb0rnPosted 10/27/2013 8:54:58 AM
Bastion was huge on the 360 and made those devs rich. Then PS4 comes along and starts courting for like, a million indie games and the Bastion devs just jump ship? That's bull****. There's no sense of loyalty anymore in the hand that feeds is there? I mean at least the Castle Crashers guys are still loyal to MS but still.

Say what you will about the Xbox and Microsoft, but they are nothing but gracious and generous to their indie developers, and this is the thanks they get?

Any thoghts brothers?
---
Xbox One - The next generation starts this november.
#2InjusticeRebornPosted 10/27/2013 8:57:23 AM
Wasn't aware of such happenings. Don't really care either. It may end up on the Xbox One eventually? *shrugs*

It was on PC as well, Bastion, wasn't it? It'd assumed half, if not most, of sales were located there?
#3chrisromans123Posted 10/27/2013 9:04:08 AM
They guy creating the game said Sony is more understanding of their needs than MS is towards indie devs.
---
FC: 4081-6578-7259
#4fretless58Posted 10/27/2013 9:12:03 AM
How can you honestly be surprised by this?
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#5mcnichojPosted 10/27/2013 9:13:15 AM
On the XBLA you're guaranteed tons more sales but with Sony there's less red tape and you don't have to worry about 10k patch fees. (Which are there because MS wants to punish devs for releasing shoddy games and promote adding actual content to the game, plus they continue to host patches if the company goes out of business or the pub/dev shuts down their multiplayer servers.)
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#6carljenkPosted 10/27/2013 9:14:04 AM
Even developers understand where the market is headed.
#7chrisromans123Posted 10/27/2013 9:16:38 AM
Also they were making the game without MS or Sony to start with, and when they were showing the game off at PAX Sony came up to them about making it for ps4. It's also coming out on PC the same day as PS4
---
FC: 4081-6578-7259
#8FoppePosted 10/27/2013 9:23:25 AM
mcnichoj posted...
On the XBLA you're guaranteed tons more sales but with Sony there's less red tape and you don't have to worry about 10k patch fees. (Which are there because MS wants to punish devs for releasing shoddy games and promote adding actual content to the game, plus they continue to host patches if the company goes out of business or the pub/dev shuts down their multiplayer servers.)

Didn't Microsoft remove the 10k fee?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9DarkJaydragonPosted 10/27/2013 9:29:36 AM
Bastion was WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too over-rated, I liked the idea of the narration and the premise but after I finished it, I thought it was pretty mediocre. Then I come on-line and read that a lot of people were crying at the end and thought it was one of the best games ever. I guess it just wasn't for me.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#10InjusticeRebornPosted 10/27/2013 9:35:56 AM
Foppe posted...

Didn't Microsoft remove the 10k fee?

This is what I was under the impression of also. After the PS4 boasted indie support, the One followed and removed the fee.

Which is why I wondered if it'd come to the One eventually... :shrugs: