Wait. Transistor is made by the Bastion people? Why the hell is it not on Xbox?

#21scoobydoobydontPosted 10/27/2013 5:30:15 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
Basically a "me too" move by MS.

A pony calling MS out for stealing a policy, that's hilarious.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#22RybalPosted 10/27/2013 6:51:22 PM
When it was originally announced as coming to the PS4, Sony had a far more indie-friendly platform than MS. So the developers started working on the PS4 version.

The only reason that I have any questions as to whether it will end up on the X1 is because MS has historically had a policy that prevented any game from being offered on XBLA if it had been on another platform (read: the PS3) first.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#23Thanatos753Posted 10/27/2013 7:38:56 PM
Its because Microsoft isn't indie friendly And they have to pay out the ass to patch any problems. No one want to deal with that $#-*. Now Sony benefits. Yaaay.
---
All hail Toeh, our lord and savior.
#24Bikes-Posted 10/27/2013 8:25:37 PM
Br1ck_Reb0rn posted...
sellouts, multiplat is one thing, that happens all the time, but no appearance at all on Xbox. They dug their own grave with this one.

Why don't you protest Dead rising 3 while you're at it, they're doing the same thing.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#25singhellotakuPosted 10/27/2013 9:48:27 PM
bastion didn't do it for me...on the whole i'd say 90% of indie games are crap, sony's reliance on them irritates the hell out of me.
#26GotTruthPosted 10/27/2013 10:07:19 PM
Br1ck_Reb0rn posted...
Bastion was huge on the 360 and made those devs rich. Then PS4 comes along and starts courting for like, a million indie games and the Bastion devs just jump ship? That's bull****. There's no sense of loyalty anymore in the hand that feeds is there? I mean at least the Castle Crashers guys are still loyal to MS but still.

Say what you will about the Xbox and Microsoft, but they are nothing but gracious and generous to their indie developers, and this is the thanks they get?

Any thoghts brothers?

Um, No they are NOT gracious OR generous to their Indie Developers. Your either paid by MS or you have NO CLUE what goes on for a Indie Developer that is trying to get a game on the XBOX arcade.

http://www.dealspwn.com/dear-microsoft-hell-indie-scene-40189 (that's from 2010)

wish I still had the link for the GI article about the crazy restrictions MS puts on content, timelines, the COST they demand, ect...... seems crazy to make a Indie Dev jump through major studio hoops.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#27InjusticeRebornPosted 10/28/2013 1:04:02 AM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
Foppe posted...

Didn't Microsoft remove the 10k fee?

This is what I was under the impression of also. After the PS4 boasted indie support, the One followed and removed the fee.

Which is why I wondered if it'd come to the One eventually... :shrugs:

Basically a "me too" move by MS.

Most likely.

And I do hate to lower myself to your level, but (from what I remember), kind of like the PS4 allowing third party devices to capture gameplay, even though they didn't originally want it that way, and now they have to patch that. But not in the day one patch. ;)

I'm sorry, resist I could not. :P