All the diehard console players going to war with eachother...

#1zeroalphamaxPosted 10/27/2013 8:13:04 AM
And im just like "Get a console for the exclusives,get a PC if you want things to look nice"
pretty simple really,and beore people come in complaining about PC price, it honestly isnt that much to build a decent gaming rig if you just save some of your income rather than spending every dime you make.
---
3DS FC:3523-2601-3596
Fire safari-Growlithe + Charmeleon
#2mcnichojPosted 10/27/2013 8:14:34 AM
Save a lot considering you'd have to upgrade one thing or another multiple times over a single consoles generation.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#3thisismyusernmePosted 10/27/2013 8:20:58 AM(edited)
I'm getting both consoles just like I always do. I'll never understand fanboyism, I get the best of both worlds. I will favor one console over another for certain things but I'm not going to be a rampaging douche about my opinions either, unlike most people flapping their lips.
---
Clan Leader, Status-DISAVOWED
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/27/2013 8:39:00 AM
mcnichoj posted...
Save a lot considering you'd have to upgrade one thing or another multiple times over a single consoles generation.

Honestly, if you were to build a PC right now for ~$5-600, you could have more power than the PS4, and play games 5ish years from now on medium settings. Not upgrading a thing.

I prefer consoles, but if I were to go PC-only, I'd save cash.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5WaywardBiscuitPosted 10/27/2013 8:50:23 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
mcnichoj posted...

Honestly, if you were to build a PC right now for ~$5-600, you could have more power than the PS4, and play games 5ish years from now on medium settings. Not upgrading a thing.

You need much more then $500 and the quality is not the same. For that price you need to compramise on different aspects like cooling, airflow, cable managment. If you want to be future proof for the next 5-7 years you need to spend atleast $1000 and its probably closer to $1500. Why build a low quality pc when you can get a high quality ps4
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#6SunDevil77Posted 10/27/2013 8:55:02 AM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
mcnichoj posted...

You need much more then $500 and the quality is not the same. For that price you need to compramise on different aspects like cooling, airflow, cable managment. If you want to be future proof for the next 5-7 years you need to spend atleast $1000 and its probably closer to $1500. Why build a low quality pc when you can get a high quality ps4

I'm not saying you should, I'm saying that it is possible. Even if you did spend $1000, you'd save on the games.

But again, I don't even like digital, so it doesn't really matter to me. Just sayin' console wars over raw power are worthless. It should be about the games.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#7ACx7Posted 10/27/2013 8:59:31 AM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
mcnichoj posted...

A console IS a low quality PC... One that you can't upgrade. At least with a true low quality PC you have the option to upgrade if you want.
#8SuperShadowAcePosted 10/27/2013 9:01:15 AM
ACx7 posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
mcnichoj posted...

A console IS a low quality PC... One that you can't upgrade. At least with a true low quality PC you have the option to upgrade if you want.

Quiet, we can't let console fanboys know that console graphics have been sub minimum PC settings for the last 3 years.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#9hiplockPosted 10/27/2013 12:14:40 PM
ACx7 posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
mcnichoj posted...

Yeah, but if they wanted to upgrade a pc, they would get a pc and upgrade it. Consoles are great for people who have no interest in fiddling with computers. Some people just aren't comfortable with computers at all. I wasn't for a long time. I have a gaming pc now, but I still buy a lot for consoles because I prefer physical games. Except I did get NBA 2K14 the day it released for $29.99. So you're right. You can save some cash.
#10Foxx3kPosted 10/27/2013 12:59:34 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
mcnichoj posted...

A PC built in 2005 would not be able to play Battlefield 4 today. Xbox 360 and PS3 can.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]