Did Xbone get too much inspiration from the Wii?

#1Dev0311Posted 10/27/2013 8:26:39 AM
Did Xbone get too much inspiration from the Wii? - Results (58 votes)
Yes
63.79% (37 votes)
No
36.21% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
MS execs must've looked at Wii's massive success last gen and wanted to replicate some of the formula for the Xbone. Why else would they try to release a next gen console with shoehorned motion controls, make a controller that uses AA batteries, and think people won't care about 720p vs. 1080p resolution?

It's obvious that they mistook their userbase to be more casual than it really is. People expected a monster console from MS with enough power to handle anything thrown at it, and they just did not deliver. Is the Wii's success to blame for all this? Did MS think that most people wouldn't care about low performance just cause it's a new Xbox?
#2DarkJaydragonPosted 10/27/2013 8:27:09 AM
No, they remembered to release games for the XB1.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#3Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/27/2013 8:34:10 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
No, they remembered to release games for the XB1.

along with every other console launch...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#4Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 10/27/2013 8:39:34 AM
No. It is capable of 1080p games(I'm sure it will be more common the farther we go into the gen) and neither console can handle every single thing you throw at it. I mean it's like saying why can't the PS4 handle single player Killzone at 60fps. The system must be weak. Why was Drive Club delayed? I'm guessing because they couldn't get their game to 1080p and 60fps at launch.
#5Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 8:44:18 AM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
No. It is capable of 1080p games(I'm sure it will be more common the farther we go into the gen) and neither console can handle every single thing you throw at it. I mean it's like saying why can't the PS4 handle single player Killzone at 60fps. The system must be weak. Why was Drive Club delayed? I'm guessing because they couldn't get their game to 1080p and 60fps at launch.

But for most multiplats Xbone will probably not be the lead platform, even though it's the most expensive. That's a big problem.
#6SilentS89Posted 10/27/2013 8:47:24 AM
Apparently, Microsoft decided they would rather appeal to the casual Wii audience because they've taken the hardcore folks for granted.
#7Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 10/27/2013 8:51:06 AM
Not as big of a problem as you're making it out to be. Plus this whole 1080p thing or whichever system is the most powerful isn't going to be the deciding factor in who wins the console war. MS more than likely screwed it(sales wise) up with their decisions in the beginning that gave the system so much bad press. They have corrected some things but it's hard to change the opinion of people once it is set in stone.
#8userfrigginamePosted 10/27/2013 8:52:21 AM
Do you have a life?
#9Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 8:57:14 AM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
Not as big of a problem as you're making it out to be. Plus this whole 1080p thing or whichever system is the most powerful isn't going to be the deciding factor in who wins the console war. MS more than likely screwed it(sales wise) up with their decisions in the beginning that gave the system so much bad press. They have corrected some things but it's hard to change the opinion of people once it is set in stone.

I don't think the most powerful console will necessarily win by default, but it doesn't make sense that a more powerful console is cheaper than your own offering. It's like if the Wii U was priced at $450 when the PS4 is $400. Doesn't compute to the average gamer.
#10Reel_Big_MikePosted 10/27/2013 9:05:25 AM
- You can not like Kinect 2.0 if you want, but to call a piece of technology with a feature set that advanced, heavily funded, and heavily researched "shoehorned" in is crazy.

- Having an actual battery pack gives the end user more options. You can use standard batteries, rechargeable batteries, or plug and play directly into the console

- There is certainly a difference between 720 and 1080p, but it's not as big as people are making it out to be. And the fact is that once devs have more hands-on experience to optimize the hardware I doubt it will be an issue anymore down the line.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.