Did Xbone get too much inspiration from the Wii?

#11Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 10:17:22 AM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
- You can not like Kinect 2.0 if you want, but to call a piece of technology with a feature set that advanced, heavily funded, and heavily researched "shoehorned" in is crazy.

It is definitely shoehorned in cause it's included in the bundle but not even required at all. So why is it even there to hike up the price to $500?

- Having an actual battery pack gives the end user more options. You can use standard batteries, rechargeable batteries, or plug and play directly into the console

They could've included the rechargeable pack instead of selling it separately. They included Kinect, why can't they include the rechargeable battery pack?

- There is certainly a difference between 720 and 1080p, but it's not as big as people are making it out to be. And the fact is that once devs have more hands-on experience to optimize the hardware I doubt it will be an issue anymore down the line.

I hope that's true, cause a gen full of 720p multiplats will be a bad selling point for Xbone.
#12mikel93Posted 10/27/2013 10:26:52 AM
Dev0311 posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
No. It is capable of 1080p games(I'm sure it will be more common the farther we go into the gen) and neither console can handle every single thing you throw at it. I mean it's like saying why can't the PS4 handle single player Killzone at 60fps. The system must be weak. Why was Drive Club delayed? I'm guessing because they couldn't get their game to 1080p and 60fps at launch.

But for most multiplats Xbone will probably not be the lead platform, even though it's the most expensive. That's a big problem.

You can already say that this is because Xbone is already deemed to be harder to develop for vs. PS4 because of ESRAM.

I guess MS multiplats will be at a disadvantage vs. Sony this time.
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 10/27/2013 10:35:44 AM
Wii was pretty great when you think about it, I don't see any problem with inspiration being taken from it.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#14HungoverHero777Posted 10/27/2013 11:44:47 AM
It was Nintendo's plan all along....
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.