Stepping back and looking at it realistically, how do you think both consoles

#1DarkJaydragonPosted 10/27/2013 10:54:45 AM
will be viewed after launch? XB1 has been beaten down so many times, it seems like it's only way is up. PS4 is going to have to be PERFECT upon launch to keep it's track record and to meet the unrealistically high expectations of it. I personally see them balancing out to meet each other.

Either way, with only 3 weeks to go, I'm excited as hell to see what happens and can't wait to get my hands on both systems.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#2Foxx3kPosted 10/27/2013 10:59:52 AM
It will be a challenge for Microsoft to recover because the bandwagon hatred is too strong. It's not even about whether or not the Xbox One is good, or Microsoft does good things, anymore. It's just about "I hate Xbox because a lot of people hate Xbox".

Similar to the Ps4, but in reverse.

But, that's really just from the perspective of gamers. Expanding beyond that, Xbox One will be fine.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 11:32:07 AM
I think my problem was that I put the word "realistically" in the title.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#4sworderPosted 10/27/2013 11:38:52 AM
PS4 doesn't have to be perfect. They will cruise by and do excellent no matter what happens
#5HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/27/2013 11:41:03 AM
Kinect vs. Move repeat.

The first to 10 million haters wins.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#6DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 11:44:39 AM
sworder posted...
PS4 doesn't have to be perfect. They will cruise by and do excellent no matter what happens

The PS4 will do well but the internet make it out to be the next coming. In reality, once something bad comes out, it's obviously going to go back to the usual poop-slinging matches between fanboys.

Plus there is the usual hype-factor and whether or not they can live up to it.
---
#7MmaguyPosted 10/27/2013 11:46:38 AM
Many hardcore gamers are still getting the Xbox One, it's not like ALL hardcore gamers are going PS4, there's still a large margin of hardcores grabbing it. Casuals love the Xbox One as do people who don't really "game" so much as just play some COD from time to time, and with the TV/Kinect 2.0/Sports stuff, they will grab a large portion of that market share as well.

PS4 will do well as, well, look at it. It has a lot of support as well from gamers and it will sell enough to live a nice "life".

After some months the hate for the Xbox One will die off, and even the people who hate it now will start to buy it for the games once the pre-launch fighting/hate stops, and the PS4 will keep selling well and will be good to go.

Both consoles will be perfectly fine and successful.
#8robert43sPosted 10/27/2013 11:53:06 AM
Both will do well. They are priced about right for the market, though I suspect many gamers would have paid 200-300 pounds more for a more powerful system. I personally think MS would have done better without the mandatory kinnect, but that's my opinion (there are many, myself incl. who will not buy the Xbox one because of it). As with the current gen, there maybe many that will wait next year, or the year after, but I suspect both will have record launches (as compared to the previous gen). I'm looking forward to the games that are coming next year, and to the future games that will arrive.

The future definitely looks interesting. I'm not convinced these will be the last gen of gaming consoles, I'm more inclined to believe that we will have more powerful consoles in 5-6 years time. The market can advance that much. Interestingly, the main competitor could come from iOS. The power of the GPUs for smart phones etc... Is getting ridiculous. Makes for an interesting future though. It would not surprise me to find, in five years time, mobile phones having the same power as a PS/3 or XBox 360. With Tegra 5, they're going to be probably more powerful than a PS/2. Interesting times.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk - level 200 Strider
GT: DragonHunter720 - level 200 Sorcerer
#9DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 12:01:27 PM
I've been hearing this about people saying that this may be the last ever console gen, where did it originate? Isn't gaming stronger now than it ever was?
---
#10Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/27/2013 12:04:36 PM
I don't know how the PS4 will survive since it has no games as you have implied in dozens of other topics
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180