1 Vote Per IP Poll: The definitive next-gen console poll

#31ApexMjolnirPosted 10/28/2013 12:31:34 AM
I like this poll, because it proves that the lack of interest stemming, from the lack of information, on both consoles has the "FANS" of the PS3/4 coming to post on the Xbox One thread.

at least 90% of what I read in here, is Sony Fanboy, influenced, in such a manner that it cannot even be moderated.

It is pretty sad that with both consoles launching a week apart, in less than a month, that you cannot even have a single thread to post in, without someone quoting you, stating that you must be trolling, because they simply cannot fathom life without a Playstation.

If you truly think that Playstation will win, a battle that has no losers, you have to be completely tunnel-blind, to think that having the more powerful console, will win when it has no games, and the marketing strategy is so bad, that they have fired their PR manager twice in 6 months.

Also add that, the stockholders have already demanded Sony drop the Vita and that PSTV, and have already recommended that the PS4 not make the light of day, due to the sheer cost of releasing a new console with no support advantage.

The main problem with the Xbox One, is that Microsoft allowed Gamestop to control their vision, which seems to be exactly what Sony is quietly ramping up to.

It is sad that the PS4 will eventually do everything that the Xbox One already had plans to do, but Sony has no plans on how to do it.

The only way to win the Console war, is to stick to your vision, because consumers are dumb, and they will buy ANYTHING that is new...

If you need more proof... Go look at the sales figured for the Iphone 5 vs Iphone 5s. It is the exact same phone... only it is made out of plastic, and it is less money... the 5c is the only upgrade, and it is not even supported yet, so essentially, it is gimped, and people still buy it, knowing that one day it will work the way they thought it should have worked.

Same thing with the consoles. They will be majorly gimped, because games like Battlefield and COD simply won't stand out until next year, because they are going to merely be upgraded ports.

Benchmarking launch titles, is only possible, if the game only comes out for one console, at launch.

so... Forza Motorsport 5... sold the console for me. go ahead and Sony Fanboy Forza Motorsport 5... and I know that inside you, you are turning black, from a cancer called denial, and thinking, Why couldn't that be on the PS4... it is just a magnificent game... and then hopefully part of you wakes up, and realizes, that if you were remotely interested in having the game you want to play, you would buy that console, and not one based on your Allegiance.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#32SavageTrooperPosted 10/28/2013 12:49:22 AM
ApexMjolnir posted...
I like this poll, because it proves that the lack of interest stemming, from the lack of information, on both consoles has the "FANS" of the PS3/4 coming to post on the Xbox One thread.

at least 90% of what I read in here, is Sony Fanboy, influenced, in such a manner that it cannot even be moderated.

It is pretty sad that with both consoles launching a week apart, in less than a month, that you cannot even have a single thread to post in, without someone quoting you, stating that you must be trolling, because they simply cannot fathom life without a Playstation.

If you truly think that Playstation will win, a battle that has no losers, you have to be completely tunnel-blind, to think that having the more powerful console, will win when it has no games, and the marketing strategy is so bad, that they have fired their PR manager twice in 6 months.

Also add that, the stockholders have already demanded Sony drop the Vita and that PSTV, and have already recommended that the PS4 not make the light of day, due to the sheer cost of releasing a new console with no support advantage.

The main problem with the Xbox One, is that Microsoft allowed Gamestop to control their vision, which seems to be exactly what Sony is quietly ramping up to.

It is sad that the PS4 will eventually do everything that the Xbox One already had plans to do, but Sony has no plans on how to do it.

The only way to win the Console war, is to stick to your vision, because consumers are dumb, and they will buy ANYTHING that is new...

If you need more proof... Go look at the sales figured for the Iphone 5 vs Iphone 5s. It is the exact same phone... only it is made out of plastic, and it is less money... the 5c is the only upgrade, and it is not even supported yet, so essentially, it is gimped, and people still buy it, knowing that one day it will work the way they thought it should have worked.

Same thing with the consoles. They will be majorly gimped, because games like Battlefield and COD simply won't stand out until next year, because they are going to merely be upgraded ports.

Benchmarking launch titles, is only possible, if the game only comes out for one console, at launch.

so... Forza Motorsport 5... sold the console for me. go ahead and Sony Fanboy Forza Motorsport 5... and I know that inside you, you are turning black, from a cancer called denial, and thinking, Why couldn't that be on the PS4... it is just a magnificent game... and then hopefully part of you wakes up, and realizes, that if you were remotely interested in having the game you want to play, you would buy that console, and not one based on your Allegiance.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67639088

It must hurt seeing those numbers huh? Because thats what your entire post says.
#33InjusticeRebornPosted 10/28/2013 1:35:16 AM
SavageTrooper posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67639088

It must hurt seeing those numbers huh? Because thats what your entire post says.

I don't understand, Xbox gamers are called 'Xbots', but it is the PS 'crowd' that have generic, almost robotic, thoughtless responses to most things, most of the time? :/

Also, I would like to point out the numbers versus the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, from the X1 board to the PS4 board...

As it stands now, there is 214 in favour of the PS4 on the dedicated board, versus 180 in favour of the PS4 on the X1 board. A difference of 34.

As is stands now, there is 80 in favour of the X1 on the dedicated board, versus 26 in favour of the X1 on the PS4 board. A difference of 54.

Ignoring the Wii U results for the time being. I haven't wondered over there because I have no intention to get one (what a preposterous idea, right? But I lol'ed at #3 reply).

Now what does that show us? Well despite the obvious that the PS4 is favoured, one could say it also shows that either:

1) the X1 crowd cares not for these polls, or at least the majority. You might argue "they do care, 80 of them voted on the X1 board", but assuming they are the same voters, compare that to the 26 on the PS4 board - the majority cared not to click the link to try and fluff X1 numbers over there. Take the Wii U numbers, 3 from that 26 continued to not bother, if they were the same people.

Now compare that to the PS numbers. Again, if they were the same voters 34 from the 214 didn't bother to click a link to fluff the numbers. That is a crazy difference.

2) there is a lot of the PS 'crowd' lurking around here on the X1 board. I do wonder, why? I mean, this is the board is dedicated to the X1. It's a horrible console, right? The PS4 has "already 'won the console war'", right? Why is their time wasted here? Again, could #3 on the Wii U board be on to something?

3) the PS 'crowd' cares more about these polls. This is linked to 1) I suppose, but, I wonder why? I mean, it's been experienced a few times - these polls and their results are constantly used as a point as to why the PS4 is better than X1. I just quoted one doing it.

I am bored of waiting for next-gen to come along. Forgive me.
#34ApexMjolnirPosted 10/28/2013 2:05:11 AM
Firstly, The numbers are biased, if the majority of people posting in here, The XBOX ONE boards, are people that have no intention of buying the console, because they are fanboys, who refuse to realize just how little difference the consoles themselves actually have.

The difference is in the options.

The options that the Xbox One has are far beyond what Sony has even considered.

The mere fact that Playstation 3 sales are so strong, is because it has a Blu-ray player, and it plays games... the collation that people only buy PS3 to play games, is pure Fanboy speak.

People don't drop $400 on a console to find out that the only game they are going to play is something that they already can play on the older consoles, and it is just as fun. they simply do not do that.

The fact that the PS4 has outsold the Xbox One in the USA, means nothing to me, because I buy a console based on if it has games I want to play. I bought a 360 to play Oblivion. I bought a PS3 to play GT5, Little Big Planet and God of War. Along the line I fell into the trap of just buying any PS3 game I could that was cheap, and Enjoyed Heavenly Sword, and Demon Souls. And then I bought Saints Row 2. I liked it enough to buy it for the 360, and sold the PS3, because I no longer wanted to play any of the games.

The 360 has had the games I want to play, Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and I could still Pwn Nubs in COD all while using a controller that had triggers.

Not to Mention that Live worked, while the PS3 felt like it was still in Beta. The lag playing games with people that lived literally a few miles from me, was simply unforgiveable. If I wanted to play a game online I played the 360, it was simple.

There are plenty of arguments to be had, about it costing money for Live, but the experience was so much better, I had no issue paying for it.

Sony has adopted the Payment thing, but has upgraded nothing aside from giving you free stuff to borrow, and allowing use of voice chat if you use the paid... Man are they crazy?

The numbers in the poll show absolutely nothing, aside from the mere fact, that there are far too many people trolling the wrong board. Which, Like I said, is the reason I like the poll.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#35ssjgohhkuPosted 10/28/2013 3:34:40 AM
GotTruth posted...
DelRowe posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
Finally one the Ponies can't troll.

Look at the results. You were saying?

Yes, because ANY negativity to the "ONE" is just "trolling"?

That's correct.
#36HackersRLamePosted 10/28/2013 4:56:20 AM
Starwars4J posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Prodozul posted...
Wii U's more like generation 8.5

7.5, you mean? The XB1/PS4 generation is 8, I believe.

No I think he was right

Once again proving my theory of the low education levels of many here on Gamefaqs.

Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 = Generation 7

Xbox One, PS4, Wii U = Generation 8

If you wish to make a joke about the Wii U not being up to snuff for the 8th generation, it has to be BETWEEN 7 and 8, thus 7.5

You and Barbie must think "maths are hard."

:D
#37HackersRLamePosted 10/28/2013 5:00:34 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
I seem to recall a lot of people whining that trolls are rigging the polls on this board in the PS4's favor, even going as far saying they also rig GameFAQs poll

I think you mean:

blitz_0623 posted...
I seem to recall a FEW XBOX FANATICS whining that trolls are rigging the polls on EVERY SINGLE INTERNET POLL in the PS4's favor, even going as far saying EVERYONE IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY IS TROLLING THE XBOX ONE.

There ya go! Fixed. :)
#38OmegaTavoPosted 10/28/2013 5:10:09 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Wii U beating Xbone on the other polls, almost beating Xbone on this poll as well.

Damn, even Nintendrones trolling the Xbone

Are you really that blind?
---
A proud contributor of the videogame industry since 1987
#39TruthAndJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 1:04:25 PM
Daily Bump.
#40TransdudePosted 10/28/2013 7:41:48 PM
FrozenSneak posted...
20 bucks the ps4 is gonna win all 3 polls by a landslide

The poll on the Wii U board is pulling a close second.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996