Main St Gamers Xbox One Hands On Podcast

#1straymatterPosted 10/27/2013 2:58:45 PM
I thought this was a great podcast. From Main St Gamers, Detailed, in-depth, great hands-on impressions, of the entire launch line-up! Plus Battlefield 4!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MainStGamers?feature=watch
#2InjusticeRebornPosted 10/27/2013 4:21:01 PM
Never heard of these guys, but I listened anyway, as it is absolutely refreshing to see something not created just to stir things up. I won't hold my breath that it'll remain that way, however. :P

Their bit on Ryse. Though it's still not my cup of tea, I'm happy to hear for those looking forward to it that it is indeed something to look forward to. These guys seemed to be in the same position as me - not overly impressed. But their opinion had done a U-turn after a small hands-on?

I'll still wait and see myself.

Forza. As to be expected. I can understand their gripe with it completely. Some just don't like that type of racing game, they just prefer arcade type racers. I would imagine Need for Speed would suit their tastes? I am typing each bit as I listen to them)

FIFA14. Surprised they're claiming this to be the best looking game. I haven't played one since '98 I believe (?), and I have been looking into getting back into it as friends play each years instalment all the time. But... I was set on selling it if and when I get the Day One edition. :/

Killer Instinct. Meh from me. Skipped. Same as the other XBLA games.

Kinect and Rivals. Again, not surprised about the mixed views. Agree with them that Xbox could have had a better demo to show the sensor's capabilities better. Nice to hear Rivals the game should be a blast for the kids though.

Dead Rising 3. Another launch game I'm not interested in, although it seems to be on almost everyone's radar. And on that note, I'm not surprised by their views on it. Shame I can't see myself getting into it.

Battlefield 4. This is one of the main reasons I'm going into next-gen (higher player count ftw). Nice to hear their praise. And I can understand their worries of it thought when it is actually live.
#3zerooo0Posted 10/27/2013 4:26:23 PM
Not bad, interesting segment on Ryse. With the Watch Dogs delay I'm probably going to pick up Ryse and let Watch Dogs be my "Summer Game". Ryse has taken a complete 180 from the E3 demo and looks like a fun new IP to be invested in.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#4InjusticeRebornPosted 10/28/2013 1:09:39 AM
I can't believe this didn't get much attention, so bump.
#5straymatter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 1:19:10 PM(edited)
Thanks, this is very good feedback and posts! Great rundown. This sums up a lot of what I was thinking.
I have not heard of these guys either. They have a great podcast. They have genuine impressions that are not totally one sided.
I am getting a better idea about the xbox launch games and the controller and Kinect.
Good impression for the kinect, but they say jet ski is not good example to judge kinect, but also the reaction was precise and there was no delay, zero delay.
Ryse impressions are a big surprise really, Also FIFA 14, biggest shocker, but Dead Rising 3, going to be insane.