Final Detailed thoughts on Everything XBOX ONE Tour Atlanta My 3 Days Attending!

#11QutePat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:18:28 PM
Bryant187 posted...
This got me excited with all the detail. You sir may have 5 internetz.
Anyways I have some questions if you would answer them please.

1. How was DR3 and Killer Instinct?
2. How was the controller and the impulse triggers?
3. Did you get to test out the features like snap and such or see the ui at all?

1. Dead Rising looked fantastic! There was no slow down or screen tearing! It was a very short demo though... Probably like 10-15 minutes and then it would end saying "Thanks for playing." Of course there was no story or anything they just let you run around trying out the combo weapons and vehicles.. You just killed zombies! The zombies were more aggressive that DR1 & 2!... The amount of A.I.s on screen were amazing!

Killer Instinct looks gorgeous in person! The videos you have seen online no matter what resolution don't do the game justice! Its very responsive and battery smooth! It is intense and will have your blood boiling! I was undefeated with Sabrewulf! Today I played in the tournent and almost made it to the semi finals.. I got beat because the round I lost, they made us choose random characters.. I got stuck with Chief Thunder.. Don't know how to play with him yet!

2. The controller is beautiful.. It feels real similar to the 360! It feels like a 360 controller that is fit and lost a little weight! I got to try the impulse triggers on Forza 5! They were really cool.. weird but cool! Worked really well.. feeling the traction of each tire! Left trigger left tire, right trigger right tire!

3. Didn't get to test out snap... none of the Kinects were working except in the Kinect Sports Rival station... I did get see the dashboard by pressing the Guide button... It looked cool, but was a little laggy... These were not final build system though.. they even said that on the actual systems...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#12QutePat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:19:57 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
QutePat posted...

The event was up the tall esculaters so we couldn't see a thing! By this time the DJ they had started spinning his or hers music and we could hear the rest of the staff upstairs getting hype and screaming! At this time this is getting us pumped as well!

Countdown: "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 , 4 , 3, 2, XBOX ONE!"

They let us up the escalator screaming and yelling! Once at the top you are hit with a fantastic wall of green florescence light! They have a chear line of employees standing I'm a narrow line on two sides chearing and dancing! We all run between them giving them all high 5's like a NBA starting lineup! There are game stations everywhere in all directions! You feel like a kid in a candy store! More employees are by the stations chearing, dancing and screaming! That first night I ran straight to Killer Instinct! Most people immediately ran to BF4, Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct!

They had a place set up nice like a high tech night club! They played all kinds of popular music.. TVs were everywhere showing trailers. Gamestop was there to take pre orders.. They had 2 lounge areas,food and drink stations! Unlimited free Doritos and ice cold Mtn Dew with XBOX ONE on the cans! It was all very cool!

I miss being 12

I don't!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#13QutePat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:21:57 PM
MeaglesV posted...
Sounds fun as heck TC. Really hyped for Nov 22nd.

Me too man! Me too!
---
#14InjusticeRebornPosted 10/27/2013 5:26:43 PM
Was expecting more info on games, like some have said. But your views on DR3 seems to match what others have said.

But it sounds like it was good fun. Shame I can't get to anything the UK has to offer.
#15QutePat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:40:51 PM
Ryse Son of Rome: Man was this game a big surprise! It is beautiful up close and personal.. They just had the arena mode... This was also very smooth.. The characters look almost CG! It was very fun... You get to pick a sign under a greek god... each god gives you a special power ability.. You activate these powers by pressing both bumpers down... the magic abilities in the demo were
1. Push your surrounding enemies back
2. Make your surrounding enemies go into slow motion
3. Damage your surrounding enemies with a area fire exploding attack!

The executions looked and felt really good! They were very responsive and brutal! I didn't get tired of doing them! I'm glad they changed from button promp over the enemy head to the color glow around them... Its true you can't fail execution, but if you push the wrong button you will do another animation! It was cool!

The regular fighting animation and parry animation was smooth! The parry animation wasn't jerky like some videos online! Transitions were very smooth and looked good! The gladiator is very responsive and quite nimble when doing his dodge roll by pushing b... Some enemies have unblockable attacks... when they are about to do these attacks they flash red around their bodies like executions... When this happens dodge!
---
#16JorepPosted 10/28/2013 6:29:19 PM
QutePat posted...
Ryse Son of Rome: Man was this game a big surprise! It is beautiful up close and personal.. They just had the arena mode... This was also very smooth.. The characters look almost CG! It was very fun... You get to pick a sign under a greek god... each god gives you a special power ability.. You activate these powers by pressing both bumpers down... the magic abilities in the demo were
1. Push your surrounding enemies back
2. Make your surrounding enemies go into slow motion
3. Damage your surrounding enemies with a area fire exploding attack!

The executions looked and felt really good! They were very responsive and brutal! I didn't get tired of doing them! I'm glad they changed from button promp over the enemy head to the color glow around them... Its true you can't fail execution, but if you push the wrong button you will do another animation! It was cool!

The regular fighting animation and parry animation was smooth! The parry animation wasn't jerky like some videos online! Transitions were very smooth and looked good! The gladiator is very responsive and quite nimble when doing his dodge roll by pushing b... Some enemies have unblockable attacks... when they are about to do these attacks they flash red around their bodies like executions... When this happens dodge!

Hey, I'm glad to hear you really liked Ryse. I was actually the attendant running the Ryse: Son of Rome station, and I loved the energy everyone was bringing to the game.
Did you happen to catch / participate in any of the tournaments?
---
http://www.abovethewage.com
Through fire, justice is served!