1080p doesn't matter

#51SAMCROftwPosted 10/27/2013 11:36:37 PM
ACx7 posted...
This is the way fanboys work, TC.

Just like day one patches were the worst thing in the world until the PS4 was announced to have one. Now it's okay because it's Sony.

You can play games on the PS4 without the day one patch. The Xbox One? It's just a $500 brick without the patch.

Now that you have the factual differences in front of you, you can now post on gamefaqs a wiser and smarter individual(one can hope).
---
Xbox fan since 2003. Tired of Microsoft's bull. LOLXbone.
Mass Effect TaliShep.... still a better love story than Twilight.
#52ACx7Posted 10/28/2013 12:08:18 AM
SAMCROftw posted...
ACx7 posted...

Just like day one patches were the worst thing in the world until the PS4 was announced to have one. Now it's okay because it's Sony.

You can play games on the PS4 without the day one patch. The Xbox One? It's just a $500 brick without the patch.

Now that you have the factual differences in front of you, you can now post on gamefaqs a wiser and smarter individual(one can hope).

Oh... Alright. See I was confused because up until a week ago the complaint with the Xbox One day one patch (or any day one patch for that matter)was simply that Microsoft was shipping an unfinished product. Odd that when Sony announced that they were doing the same thing the complaint suddenly changed to being more specific about what was unfinished about it.

Thanks for clearing that up, mate. Cheers.
#53Mr_HakubiPosted 10/30/2013 9:07:25 AM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Don't really understand how the xone can be in 720p when the 360 was in 1080p. Doesn't make much sense for a supposedly more powerful console to go down in resolution compared to the weaker one. Ps3 exclusives were in 720p, now the ps4 is going to be in 1080p. See that makes sense.

Seem a little miss informed. 360 games didn't run above 720p (very few actually did). That label on the back of your game case is incorrect and these games were actually upscaled to be displayed in 1080p. It doesn't particularly make much of a notable difference since both consoles majorly ran at 720p natively.

The problem now is developers essentially had a goal to reach 1080p60h and from the looks of it we 'may' still not be there. Honestly it's too early to tell. The probably with Xbox One is so far; the only game that's actually been confirmed to run at 1080p is a game from a series that always has (even on 360). In other words; Xbox has not improved, but Playstation has. So I guess your post isn't all that incorrect. Developers are getting there. Even if some sports games and Killzone 4 MP is all we have to go by.
---
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/MrHakubi/Tenchi%20Muyo/1e16f739.jpg
#54Big_Boss1432Posted 10/31/2013 2:25:37 PM
Mr_Hakubi posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Don't really understand how the xone can be in 720p when the 360 was in 1080p. Doesn't make much sense for a supposedly more powerful console to go down in resolution compared to the weaker one. Ps3 exclusives were in 720p, now the ps4 is going to be in 1080p. See that makes sense.

Seem a little miss informed. 360 games didn't run above 720p (very few actually did). That label on the back of your game case is incorrect and these games were actually upscaled to be displayed in 1080p. It doesn't particularly make much of a notable difference since both consoles majorly ran at 720p natively.

The problem now is developers essentially had a goal to reach 1080p60h and from the looks of it we 'may' still not be there. Honestly it's too early to tell. The probably with Xbox One is so far; the only game that's actually been confirmed to run at 1080p is a game from a series that always has (even on 360). In other words; Xbox has not improved, but Playstation has. So I guess your post isn't all that incorrect. Developers are getting there. Even if some sports games and Killzone 4 MP is all we have to go by.

Thanks! Haha I was wondering how the next installment in technology would have a weaker resolution that its older dated hardware.
---
This is for all the people that label themselves as "True"gamers http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSYhLn4RCI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyRSYhLn4RCI
#55GondolinRisesPosted 10/31/2013 2:26:32 PM
Opinions of xb1 fanboys don't matter.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#56JusticeSwordPosted 10/31/2013 2:34:38 PM
ACx7 posted...

It's best not to take anything they say seriously. In the end we'll be enjoying our console of choice and they will be whining that there's no one left to argue with on the forums.

Its a good job you can play games whilst the small update downloads in the background & install it when you're ready isnt it?

Or is it the fact that that only applies to one of the consoles, & the other one has a patch literally ten times the size & needs to be installed right away?

Im not a fan day 1 patches (Better sooner than later i suppose), but If I do have to experience them prefer them unintrusive & not hindering my instant gameplay time.

Be honest, the way sony is going about it is better, fanboy or not its hard to deny.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#57KamenRiderBladePosted 10/31/2013 3:07:32 PM
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/10/op-ed-why-im-not-too-worked-up-about-the-next-gen-console-resolution-wars/

Resolution matters based on your TV size and how far you sit from it.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#58InjusticeRebornPosted 10/31/2013 3:11:42 PM
SilentS89 posted...
1080p "isn't necessary"

Yeah, well neither is color or sound strictly necessary.

See how dumb that argument is?

LMFAO what is this?

In many games I've seen many things such as "go collect me 5 red gems". Or "hey, listen, they're coming!"

Not ONCE has resolution played a part in ANY game like that.

What are these guys teaching you? Seriously, just get out. XD
#59badmanneilPosted 10/31/2013 3:16:35 PM
sworder posted...
more spin by Xbox fans

1080p becoming the standard for next gen has been expected by a huge amount of people

I absolutely agree with this. 1080p is the expected standard for next gen. Especially a next-gen console that is $500. The fact that big titles like COD and BF are 720p on One is a massive failure :(
---
Gamertag: Krazzy Bananas
#60CyborgTwentyPosted 10/31/2013 3:19:40 PM
720p is the gold standard for Xbox One.