1080p doesn't matter

#61InjusticeRebornPosted 10/31/2013 4:29:44 PM
badmanneil posted...
sworder posted...
more spin by Xbox fans

1080p becoming the standard for next gen has been expected by a huge amount of people

I absolutely agree with this. 1080p is the expected standard for next gen. Especially a next-gen console that is $500. The fact that big titles like COD and BF are 720p on One is a massive failure :(

So, does that mean it's a failure that BF4 isn't 1080p also (on PS4)? Oh, and isn't that Order game not 1080p also?

And did I miss the memo from the Gamer's Association that said we were all expecting next-gen to be completely 1080p? I am being 100% honest here, I didn't know this was a thing. I didn't know it was this important. As with every upgrade in the consoles, I was expecting prettier graphics, larger worlds etc.
#62Ryan-06Posted 11/1/2013 1:44:54 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
720p is the gold standard for Xbox One.

Xbox 720. The true name.
---
http://i.imgur.com/40W5r.jpg
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. My type of girl - http://youtu.be/jhTaQizF4z4
#63CyborgTwentyPosted 11/1/2013 3:32:49 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
720p is the gold standard for Xbox One.

Xbox 720. The true name.

720p@30fps seems to be the average.
#64slowdog76Posted 11/1/2013 3:53:33 AM
Mr_Hakubi posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Don't really understand how the xone can be in 720p when the 360 was in 1080p. Doesn't make much sense for a supposedly more powerful console to go down in resolution compared to the weaker one. Ps3 exclusives were in 720p, now the ps4 is going to be in 1080p. See that makes sense.

Seem a little miss informed. 360 games didn't run above 720p (very few actually did). That label on the back of your game case is incorrect and these games were actually upscaled to be displayed in 1080p. It doesn't particularly make much of a notable difference since both consoles majorly ran at 720p natively.

The problem now is developers essentially had a goal to reach 1080p60h and from the looks of it we 'may' still not be there. Honestly it's too early to tell. The probably with Xbox One is so far; the only game that's actually been confirmed to run at 1080p is a game from a series that always has (even on 360). In other words; Xbox has not improved, but Playstation has. So I guess your post isn't all that incorrect. Developers are getting there. Even if some sports games and Killzone 4 MP is all we have to go by.

i will assume you are referencing forza.

other confirmed 1080p xbox one games so far - fifa, madden, both nba games, crimson dragon.
ryse is at 900p. dead rising not confirmed yet.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#65chrish909Posted 11/1/2013 4:11:52 AM
1080p does matter and those it matter to will make their console purchases accordingly. The reason people are making a huge deal out of it is becuase we got these delusional fanboys infesting this board. They are about to spend 400$ on a ps4(aka a killzonemachine) and they are not sure if its worth it. They post here to reassure themselves their purchase is justified. If they see people agree with them they feel as if they achieved some sort of victory. I find it strange how they have not grown tired of people insulting them and questioning their reasonings. Its rather sad becuase some of them have been doing it for months now. Could you imagine someone like this in real life, I cant. If you want to know who these individuals are, most of them posted on the first 2 pages of this topic.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#66BloodyDove2vsPosted 11/1/2013 4:21:25 AM
Golden Maven posted...
until the Xbox One can't do it. Then it's of utmost importance to the PS4 fanboys.

You shall anger the PC fanboys too.
---
let me know when it's 7:20, Mods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#67slowdog76Posted 11/1/2013 4:28:43 AM
chrish909 posted...
1080p does matter and those it matter to will make their console purchases accordingly. The reason people are making a huge deal out of it is becuase we got these delusional fanboys infesting this board. They are about to spend 400$ on a ps4(aka a killzonemachine) and they are not sure if its worth it. They post here to reassure themselves their purchase is justified. If they see people agree with them they feel as if they achieved some sort of victory. I find it strange how they have not grown tired of people insulting them and questioning their reasonings. Its rather sad becuase some of them have been doing it for months now. Could you imagine someone like this in real life, I cant. If you want to know who these individuals are, most of them posted on the first 2 pages of this topic.

i find them a funny and strange breed. i posted elsewhere recently asking if someone stands in the supermarket, criticizing peoples choice of frozen pizza, and of course, they dont.

but you are right. self assurance is without doubt the primary motivational factor for their actions.

i wish dave gorman would do one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTZmDPhJ5NM

based on the assorted gaming forum comments over the past few months. would be funny, but I suspect would last for hours

the funny thing is, history in no way supports their "ps4 will win console war cos its more powerful" stance. look at past generations.

nes weaker than SMS, but dominates.
snes not as powerful, yet dominates
ps1 "wins" gen 5
ps2 decimated everything
gameboys / ds's have continuously dominated the handheld market
wii killed everything in gen 7

now, there are a ton of very different things that factor into all of the above, but still. to outright claim knowledge or predictions of how this new generation will pan out is ludicrous and naive.
---
Confucius
#68SythisTaruPosted 11/1/2013 4:29:47 AM
slowdog76 posted...
chrish909 posted...

i find them a funny and strange breed. i posted elsewhere recently asking if someone stands in the supermarket, criticizing peoples choice of frozen pizza, and of course, they dont.

but you are right. self assurance is without doubt the primary motivational factor for their actions.

i wish dave gorman would do one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTZmDPhJ5NM

based on the assorted gaming forum comments over the past few months. would be funny, but I suspect would last for hours

the funny thing is, history in no way supports their "ps4 will win console war cos its more powerful" stance. look at past generations.

nes weaker than SMS, but dominates.
snes not as powerful, yet dominates
ps1 "wins" gen 5
ps2 decimated everything
gameboys / ds's have continuously dominated the handheld market
wii killed everything in gen 7

now, there are a ton of very different things that factor into all of the above, but still. to outright claim knowledge or predictions of how this new generation will pan out is ludicrous and naive.

Wii lost very badly gen 7.
#69slowdog76Posted 11/1/2013 4:32:14 AM
100 million console sales say otherwise
---
Confucius
#70SythisTaruPosted 11/1/2013 4:32:46 AM
slowdog76 posted...
100 million console sales say otherwise

It still got 3rd place.