1080p doesn't matter

#91SpideyknightPosted 11/1/2013 6:57:45 AM
Give it a rest, if you are satisfied with your 500 dollar machine being weak then more power to you. Many others are not.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#92KidIcarootsPosted 11/1/2013 7:03:24 AM
chrish909 posted...
SythisTaru posted...
slowdog76 posted...
chrish909 posted...
1080p does matter and those it matter to will make their console purchases accordingly. The reason people are making a huge deal out of it is becuase we got these delusional fanboys infesting this board. They are about to spend 400$ on a ps4(aka a killzonemachine) and they are not sure if its worth it. They post here to reassure themselves their purchase is justified. If they see people agree with them they feel as if they achieved some sort of victory. I find it strange how they have not grown tired of people insulting them and questioning their reasonings. Its rather sad becuase some of them have been doing it for months now. Could you imagine someone like this in real life, I cant. If you want to know who these individuals are, most of them posted on the first 2 pages of this topic.

i find them a funny and strange breed. i posted elsewhere recently asking if someone stands in the supermarket, criticizing peoples choice of frozen pizza, and of course, they dont.

but you are right. self assurance is without doubt the primary motivational factor for their actions.

i wish dave gorman would do one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTZmDPhJ5NM

based on the assorted gaming forum comments over the past few months. would be funny, but I suspect would last for hours

the funny thing is, history in no way supports their "ps4 will win console war cos its more powerful" stance. look at past generations.

nes weaker than SMS, but dominates.
snes not as powerful, yet dominates
ps1 "wins" gen 5
ps2 decimated everything
gameboys / ds's have continuously dominated the handheld market
wii killed everything in gen 7

now, there are a ton of very different things that factor into all of the above, but still. to outright claim knowledge or predictions of how this new generation will pan out is ludicrous and naive.

Wii lost very badly gen 7.

No wii didnt sell very badly, it outsold ps3 and 360

I like how the trolls keep posting and never acknowledged my post. Denial at its finest.

Its like an asylum message board.

Your post was ignored because it's totally wrong. NES was better designed hardware than Master System, only the MS's color palette was better.

SNES was better than the Genesis in every way. The blast-processing thing was hoax, it's incredible some people still believe it in any way.

PSOne was weaker than the N64 in polygon based graphics, but was way more advanced in other stuff (2D graphics, CD-drive, sound board, multimedia capabilities).

PS2, Gameboy and Wii were truly weaker. But you need to get your facts straight.
#93Bellum_SacrumPosted 11/1/2013 7:11:12 AM
chrish909 posted...
Enjoy living in misery by being negative all the time.

Enjoy your denial, delusion, and desperation

Definantly enjoy your killfail and indie games.

And this ladies and gentlemen, is the very definition of the pot calling the kettle black.

I bet her keyboard just broke from all the tears.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#94chrish909Posted 11/1/2013 7:17:07 AM
KidIcaroots posted...
chrish909 posted...
SythisTaru posted...
slowdog76 posted...
chrish909 posted...
1080p does matter and those it matter to will make their console purchases accordingly. The reason people are making a huge deal out of it is becuase we got these delusional fanboys infesting this board. They are about to spend 400$ on a ps4(aka a killzonemachine) and they are not sure if its worth it. They post here to reassure themselves their purchase is justified. If they see people agree with them they feel as if they achieved some sort of victory. I find it strange how they have not grown tired of people insulting them and questioning their reasonings. Its rather sad becuase some of them have been doing it for months now. Could you imagine someone like this in real life, I cant. If you want to know who these individuals are, most of them posted on the first 2 pages of this topic.

i find them a funny and strange breed. i posted elsewhere recently asking if someone stands in the supermarket, criticizing peoples choice of frozen pizza, and of course, they dont.

but you are right. self assurance is without doubt the primary motivational factor for their actions.

i wish dave gorman would do one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTZmDPhJ5NM

based on the assorted gaming forum comments over the past few months. would be funny, but I suspect would last for hours

the funny thing is, history in no way supports their "ps4 will win console war cos its more powerful" stance. look at past generations.

nes weaker than SMS, but dominates.
snes not as powerful, yet dominates
ps1 "wins" gen 5
ps2 decimated everything
gameboys / ds's have continuously dominated the handheld market
wii killed everything in gen 7

now, there are a ton of very different things that factor into all of the above, but still. to outright claim knowledge or predictions of how this new generation will pan out is ludicrous and naive.

Wii lost very badly gen 7.

No wii didnt sell very badly, it outsold ps3 and 360

I like how the trolls keep posting and never acknowledged my post. Denial at its finest.

Its like an asylum message board.

Your post was ignored because it's totally wrong. NES was better designed hardware than Master System, only the MS's color palette was better.

SNES was better than the Genesis in every way. The blast-processing thing was hoax, it's incredible some people still believe it in any way.

PSOne was weaker than the N64 in polygon based graphics, but was way more advanced in other stuff (2D graphics, CD-drive, sound board, multimedia capabilities).

PS2, Gameboy and Wii were truly weaker. But you need to get your facts straight.

Lol, more denial. What was ignored was the psychological problem most of the trolls here have that I posted about. The reason you are here is to convince yourself the ps4 purchase is worth it. Think deep.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#95KidIcarootsPosted 11/1/2013 7:24:23 AM
chrish909 posted...
Lol, more denial. What was ignored was the psychological problem most of the trolls here have that I posted about. The reason you are here is to convince yourself the ps4 purchase is worth it. Think deep.

You know what all the consoles you quoted had in common? They were all CHEAPER than the competition. No console won it's generation by being at the same time the most expensive and the weaker hardware.

Also, I'm not buying a PS4 either. I'm sticking to the best platform of all: PC.
#96stevieb1234567Posted 11/1/2013 7:52:45 AM
Todd3600 posted...
fuchikoma posted...
I agree... 1080p is almost outdated already. It's going to be dumb to buy these new consoles just to have to buy the new "slim" version that's going to support 4K resolutions in 5 years. Meanwhile people are already playing the PC version of Battlefield 4 in 4K.

Just wanted to say that their is no way a slim version is going to play games at 4K. That would require new hardware. The point of slim is to make a smaller console that's cheaper to produce.

No 4k games but im sure were gonna get 4k movies down the line
---
Posted using GameFlux
#97kingrat2314Posted 11/1/2013 7:55:25 AM(edited)
Imagine, for a second, that the shoe was on the other foot.

"1080p doesn't matter until the PS4 can't do it. Then it's of utmost importance to the Xbone fanboys."

You all know if the xbone could do 1080, but the PS4 couldn't, the xbots who are claiming 1080p doesn't matter would be lording it over the PS4 fanboys all day. And that's because it DOES matter. No matter what you say to excuse it, it matters.
---
NOOOOOO!
#98PraetorXynPosted 11/1/2013 9:21:11 AM
djw2005 posted...
As a recent PS4 convert, I can tell you if it was limited to 720p I would switch to PC. Even 900p is somewhat disappointing. But these are launch titles we're talking about. I still have hope that 1080p @60fps will become the standard later on.

It's never going to happen. It could, but developers would rather push for better graphical detail at a lower resolution and framerate.

If you want 1080P or greater at 60 FPS you need to switch to PC.
It's got an expensive entry cost, but that's counterbalanced by games being insanely cheap. You can also use any controller you wish, and have access to any PC game ever created pretty much, even if you have to emulate DOS or run an older OS in a virtual machine to play the ones from the 70's and 80's (I haven't done that, I'm just guessing you might for the ones that old).

This video is the best I've found at building a PC.
http://techreport.com/review/23624/how-to-build-a-pc-the-tech-report-guide
Except that he spreads thermal compound manually. Don't ever do that as it causes air bubbles. Instead look at these methods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyXLu1Ms-q4
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#99ConsumerWarningPosted 11/1/2013 9:22:04 AM
Golden Maven posted...
until the Xbox One can't do it. Then it's of utmost importance to the PS4 fanboys.

where have you been for the last 7 years?! tech dorks have been obsessing over 720/1080 since last gen....
#100Evolution_basicPosted 11/1/2013 9:29:49 AM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
DelRowe posted...
It matters because it exposes the Xbone as an inferior console at a higher price.

---
-------
A lover and a retired fighter. The grizzled veteran of gaming.