Why is this not talked about more? Xbox Live destroys PSN

#1VoelgerPosted 10/27/2013 7:29:34 PM
I was a 360 gamer since day 1, and I recently bought a PS3 about 6 months ago. It was great because I only focused on all the great Sony exclusives I missed, and there were a ton. Last of Us was amazing, uncharted, God of War, journey, I even loved ratchet and clank!

Oh yeah, Nice No Kuni I rocked!

But, as I played these ps3 games I started to realize how crappy psn was. The free games from Sony were OK, but the design of the store, the horrible friends list compared to Live, the lack of certain chat functions, the way the apps like YouTube were handled. I never released how far superior Xbox live was over psn. I always assumed that Sony had similar functions in their on line service.

Now I know Sony has said that they are fixing all this, and they will have a far superior online ecosystem this time, but MS has been doing it for far longer than Sony. I have my doubts that PS4 psn will be able to match xbo's Live. And no one talks about this! I think it is a huge point and a massive reason why Xbox One is still a viable purchase over PS4.
---
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.28
#2JohnHalo343Posted 10/27/2013 7:33:57 PM
It isn't talked about more because this board is mainly Sony Fanboys/Trolls. Why would they want to discuss their Playstation's crappy online service?
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#3AlexPumaPosted 10/27/2013 7:36:19 PM(edited)
It isn't talked about more because it isn't true.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#4TheDarkNerdPosted 10/27/2013 7:36:09 PM
Yeah, the PSN Store used to be actually not half-bad. Then for some completely bizarre reason, around the time they made the SEN and PSN one and the same, they turned their store into something I actively avoid using if I can help it (yay for being able to redeem PS+ games through web).

Can't say the same for the rest of the service, though. Not terrible, just a bit. . . underwhelming.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#5NathanDrakeSwagPosted 10/27/2013 7:38:16 PM
AlexPuma posted...
It isn't talked about more because it isn't true.

This. The one advantage XBL had (party chat) is gone. Now they are the same exact services except PS Plus is $10 cheaper and gives you games every month. So PSN is actually better than XBL now.
#6Dannyson97Posted 10/27/2013 7:38:51 PM
Because we haven't seen how the online is for the PS4 or Xbox One. Yeah the online for the 360 is better then the PS3's but that doesn't mean it will carry on.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#7chrish909Posted 10/27/2013 7:40:44 PM
I bought ps3 for mgs4. It is now my netflix machine and even starting up netflix is such a hassle. Not to mention, if you turn it off from the back you have to download an update. Its a joke, sony never announced plans to change that, they probably cant.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#8CTUJK95Posted 10/27/2013 7:40:45 PM
Really? I couldn't disagree more. I love how PSN is simplistic and isn't shoving Ads in your face and smothering you. The only advantage that X-Box Live had, was Party Chat, that thankfully Sony has finally adapted.

What are you talking about? I suppose it's personal preference, but if you are really comparing PSN to XBox Live, and confessing it's actually far superior, I can only laugh at your ignorance.
---
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light."
#9teeebzPosted 10/27/2013 7:40:55 PM
Voelger posted...
I was a 360 gamer since day 1, and I recently bought a PS3 about 6 months ago. It was great because I only focused on all the great Sony exclusives I missed, and there were a ton. Last of Us was amazing, uncharted, God of War, journey, I even loved ratchet and clank!

Oh yeah, Nice No Kuni I rocked!

But, as I played these ps3 games I started to realize how crappy psn was. The free games from Sony were OK, but the design of the store, the horrible friends list compared to Live, the lack of certain chat functions, the way the apps like YouTube were handled. I never released how far superior Xbox live was over psn. I always assumed that Sony had similar functions in their on line service.

Now I know Sony has said that they are fixing all this, and they will have a far superior online ecosystem this time, but MS has been doing it for far longer than Sony. I have my doubts that PS4 psn will be able to match xbo's Live. And no one talks about this! I think it is a huge point and a massive reason why Xbox One is still a viable purchase over PS4.

I basically feel the same way as you about psn, only difference is I've had ps3 for years along with my 360. The design, friends list, and everything else you said I feel the same way.

The main draws for the one for me are
Games down the line such as gears and halo
Controller preferred
Xbox live preferred
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
#10Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 7:41:33 PM
I just think turning on my new system seeing my friends in a simple yet informative fashion, so i can see what their doing, playing, make gamin plans, and reach out to them, is something the Xbox one will do far greater than Sony.

I have no evidence of this, but I do have 8 years of great Xbox Live history on the 360, and poor service on psn to explain my skeptizism in Sony's psn and my faith in Live.
---
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.28