Why is this not talked about more? Xbox Live destroys PSN

#81SS_MetalSonicPosted 11/1/2013 4:31:10 AM
Voelger posted...
That is interesting that you get lost looking for stuff in the Xbox dash, I feel like I can't find anything in the PS dash. I tried looking for the YouTube app and I ended up using YouTube on the crappy browser. It was awful. I will say that maybe time in the psn dash would familiarize me.

I just tried to use YouTube on psn last week. The experience was horrible! I have not been on psn in a couple of months before that so everything just felt so weird and unintuitive .
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Asura's Wrath, Darksiders 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim,
#82SS_MetalSonicPosted 11/1/2013 4:49:51 AM
FPS_hitman posted...
complete BS. My tag is Kuruptturner on psn and live so check the battlefield boards for all there games which i had for both systems for proof. There isnt a difference and I actually prefer PSN to live in structure and gameplay. There isnt a single thing aside from party chat that live does better. There the same and since if you play the same game as friends you can talk just the same with PSN.

Live is not better both services are equal its just what you prefer. Funny how a lot of people respond with there names on both systems and say its the same.

XBL: alphaSTAMPEDE
PSN: omegaSTAMPEDE

XBOX LIVE is much better. The user interface is worlds better.
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Asura's Wrath, Darksiders 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim,
#83Neoreloaded313Posted 11/1/2013 4:50:51 AM
Voelger posted...
I was a 360 gamer since day 1, and I recently bought a PS3 about 6 months ago. It was great because I only focused on all the great Sony exclusives I missed, and there were a ton. Last of Us was amazing, uncharted, God of War, journey, I even loved ratchet and clank!

Oh yeah, Nice No Kuni I rocked!

But, as I played these ps3 games I started to realize how crappy psn was. The free games from Sony were OK, but the design of the store, the horrible friends list compared to Live, the lack of certain chat functions, the way the apps like YouTube were handled. I never released how far superior Xbox live was over psn. I always assumed that Sony had similar functions in their on line service.

Now I know Sony has said that they are fixing all this, and they will have a far superior online ecosystem this time, but MS has been doing it for far longer than Sony. I have my doubts that PS4 psn will be able to match xbo's Live. And no one talks about this! I think it is a huge point and a massive reason why Xbox One is still a viable purchase over PS4.

Most of what you complain about is the limitation of the hardware and not psn itself.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#84vashtrichamPosted 11/1/2013 4:53:42 AM(edited)
SS_MetalSonic posted...
FPS_hitman posted...
complete BS. My tag is Kuruptturner on psn and live so check the battlefield boards for all there games which i had for both systems for proof. There isnt a difference and I actually prefer PSN to live in structure and gameplay. There isnt a single thing aside from party chat that live does better. There the same and since if you play the same game as friends you can talk just the same with PSN.

Live is not better both services are equal its just what you prefer. Funny how a lot of people respond with there names on both systems and say its the same.

XBL: alphaSTAMPEDE
PSN: omegaSTAMPEDE

XBOX LIVE is much better. The user interface is worlds better.

xbl: waywardbiscuit. psn: waywardbizkit. Their multiplayer performance is the SAME everything else is preference
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#85blitz_0623Posted 11/1/2013 4:58:24 AM
The general perception/excuse is that PSN is a free service so Sony didn't really invest a lot on it. "You get what you pay for" except here you actually don't pay anything.

Now since PS+ is required for MP, we will see if that's actually the reason why XBL is superior to PSN. No excuses as many expect Sony to actually spend on their infrastructure. If it doesn't get any better next thing you'll hear is "Well, PS+ is only required for MP, while in XBL, even Netflix is behind the paywall, etc"

Of course in the end, all of this is still subjective. It's hard to look at it objectively if you don't know the experience other people have had with XBL/PSN
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#86R_JackalPosted 11/1/2013 5:21:15 AM
While XBL is the superior service, you're comparing Free vs Paid right now, and Paid vs Paid, I'd give Sony the edge considering my rather large library of completely free games right now.

As long as download speeds and stability is upped with the PSN+ req in this gen, tbqh, I don't care which has the superior service as it'll be nitpicking. For gods' sake it's paying so you can use the internet on either console, which is an asinine concept in and of itself considering I already pay to have the ****ing internet, but it's going to become the norm.
#87benjimainPosted 11/1/2013 7:10:41 AM
lax_plyr posted...
Why would you want the PSN to destroy XBL? You do realize that competition is almost always required for an industry to remain innovative and fresh, right? If either service were to disappear it wouldn't be good for gamers, bottom line.

I didn't mean literally destroy, I meant that it will have enough quality, and of course massive userbase because of PS4 sales, that it will leave XBL on the One a wasteland, like in Fallout 3, where not many people go, and it's hard to get by.
#88game freakozoidPosted 11/1/2013 8:00:43 AM
Technically just with the infrastructure of online multiplayer, the two services are identical. This isn't really a subjective thing but is a known fact. I think that a lot of the people who are saying they are different are allowing themselves to be blinded by preconceived notions or have set something up wrong or something.

I will however say things like party chat and their respective store is something that Microsoft excelled in compared to Sony. The current PS3 store is terrible and I don't completely understand why they don't revert back to how it was. However from what we've seen, including the downloading of games, this won't really be a problem with the PS4

I also don't get why so many people are complaining about the youtube app. Granted someone here complained that they couldn't find where on the UI the youtube app was (surprise surprise it is under the videos tab....) but overall the youtube apps on each are extremely similar in quality. They both stream the videos at approximately the same speed and both do a very similar job in searching for and recommending videos. Hell, even then if you are having trouble, you can very easily pair your phone with each of the apps and use that to search for videos.
#89vashtrichamPosted 11/1/2013 8:06:15 AM
game freakozoid posted...
Technically just with the infrastructure of online multiplayer, the two services are identical. This isn't really a subjective thing but is a known fact. I think that a lot of the people who are saying they are different are allowing themselves to be blinded by preconceived notions or have set something up wrong or something.

I will however say things like party chat and their respective store is something that Microsoft excelled in compared to Sony. The current PS3 store is terrible and I don't completely understand why they don't revert back to how it was. However from what we've seen, including the downloading of games, this won't really be a problem with the PS4

I also don't get why so many people are complaining about the youtube app. Granted someone here complained that they couldn't find where on the UI the youtube app was (surprise surprise it is under the videos tab....) but overall the youtube apps on each are extremely similar in quality. They both stream the videos at approximately the same speed and both do a very similar job in searching for and recommending videos. Hell, even then if you are having trouble, you can very easily pair your phone with each of the apps and use that to search for videos.

100% agree
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam