Incoming rumor explosion (discuss here)

#51Ramsus082Posted 10/27/2013 9:29:22 PM
assassin10133 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Is that confirmation that X1 produces lower res 3rd party games like CoD and BF4, or is that MS dev on that blog post unverified? Well, 900p is better than 720p obviously.

I picked up on that too and was wondering the same thing, sounds like maybe the more difficult programming on XB1 may be the culprit for it's version running slightly lower res than PS4. Other thing I'm wondering is if this confirms BF4 will be at 900P on both XB1 and PS4? Don't remember if PS4 version of BF4 was confirmed 1080P native or not, last I remember hearing was that it was above 720P.

Yeah, probably the RAM, and definitely the wasted 10 percent GPU resources that Kinect gobbles up. It's going to need to show up as a competitive advantage really soon, or there's going to be a hell of a lot more pissed-off gamers.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#52Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/27/2013 9:31:43 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
DarkHiei posted...
Someone under the name of MSoft XBO OS Dev posted this on his blog, although I honestly take anything anonymous with a grain of salt:

"This is 100% false. Yes our OS had this problem, but months ago. I am talking E3 months ago even before the DRM. You’re right when you say we “changed the way it worked” and that did cause problems. DRM removal (your fault and a late decision upstairs due to the numbers) pushed us back even further. It wasn’t as easy as a patch, flipping a switch. It was built into the system. The online check went through more than the games. There were features that had to be redone including our sharing system and some other features we did not get to announce that we plan on adding on. Everyone is working their ass off 24/7 until launch. Yes it’s buggy but after you install the 2GB day one update, the UI will work just fine and also expect the console (if connected) to auto update when you’re offline, or in the background at night. This will happen throught the life cycle and the cloud enables us to patch In things remotely. If games were pushed back you’d hear about that. Actually XBO games have gone gold and are running fine. COD Ghost is 900p, RYSE. 900p, DR3 720p, FORZA 1080p, BF4 900p, KI 720p, ZOO TYCOON 1080p, TITANFALL running from 900-1080 (not finalized of course), Halo 1080p (they’ve been working on this for 2 years now and can fully take advantage like Turn10. ) To be truthful I can’t wait until the 22nd because when our system runs fine, you won’t be very popular in the industry. You and your friends at NeoGaf have some sort of anti Microsoft agenda that we get tired of reading. Also, Titanfall is a Microsoft exclusive. Not Xbox. Respawn can leave EA at any time and we can publish it after the first year. Enjoy."

The fact that he mentions COD is 900p is curious, which leads me to think more believable than not since if it was truly someone just pretending they would not post that as it would obviously be used as ammo against the XBO.

This actually sounds a lot more believable than the other dudes, because he gives details & numbers that aren't sugarcoated and he also points out how annoying the anti-MS neckbeard weinernet bias is/must be to employees

All that data is presented has been known, or a rumor and when he said Microsoft exclusive for Titanfall, obviously he's not with the company because it's not a Microsoft exclusive. It's on PC, which Microsoft gets absolutely no money from license fees on PC and the game is on Origin, which is owned by EA and Respawn was only established due to financing from EA in the Partner Program. So no, Respawn cannot leave EA at anytime.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#53BTM4444Posted 10/27/2013 9:40:55 PM
Is there really a difference between 900p and 1080p? I just can't see people's eyes being able to tell the difference between that especially when games are gonna be upscaled to 1080p. Am I right?
#54irregulardullPosted 10/27/2013 10:44:57 PM
BTM4444 posted...
Is there really a difference between 900p and 1080p?

Yeah, around 600,000 pixels.

Wanna know the difference between 480p and 720p? Around 600,000 pixels.
#55pez2k_Posted 10/27/2013 11:14:09 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
He works for Sony. It was either E3 or Gamescom. His PSN tag was visible on a demo.

That was a friendly nod to him after his #PS4NoDRM campaign. Pretty sure Pete Dodd doesn't work at either MS or Sony, especially since he's leaking info using his real name.

DarkHiei posted...
Someone under the name of MSoft XBO OS Dev posted this on his blog, although I honestly take anything anonymous with a grain of salt:

"DRM removal (your fault and a late decision upstairs due to the numbers)"
"COD Ghost is 900p, ... BF4 900p"
"You and your friends at NeoGaf have some sort of anti Microsoft agenda that we get tired of reading."

The fact that he mentions COD is 900p is curious, which leads me to think more believable than not since if it was truly someone just pretending they would not post that as it would obviously be used as ammo against the XBO.

The sheer fact that he personally blames Dodd for the removal of the DRM is a massive red flag that it's just some fan who feels personally slighted by the changes. I'm sure the massive slant in preorders towards Sony's console and the standing ovation Sony got at E3 for announcing they were doing exactly the same thing as last generation were much bigger contributors, as MS aren't in the habit of sitting back and letting themselves get steamrolled. But sure, he can believe that MS changed major policies because of one man posting tweets.

As for the NeoGAF 'agenda', that's another flag since MS staff themselves are happy enough to post on there, and it only seems to be upset Xbox fans who roll out the 'SonyGAF' lines and conveniently forget the amount of derision that forum collectively poured on the PS3 after its awful launch.

Finally, the CoD 900p thing is actually better than the rumours of 720p, as is the BF4 resolution. It's false humility, 'admitting' that they're sub-1080p but still making them sound better than they currently seem to be. BF4 in 900p would even be on par with PS4, that's definitely bigging it up rather than being humble.
---
Fixing Turn10's omissions since 2007, and Playground Games' since 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k
#56johns30002Posted 10/27/2013 11:18:44 PM
Incoming Sony Pony....why do I get the feeling both of these systems are screwed 1st year. I am getting worried they were rushed.
---
Xbox One...Home of Peggle 2, LocoCycle and Kinect.lol
#57PraetorXynPosted 10/27/2013 11:42:40 PM
johns30002 posted...
Incoming Sony Pony....why do I get the feeling both of these systems are screwed 1st year. I am getting worried they were rushed.

They are. The day one patches for both systems. If you look through the notes on what they had to add back in the patch, it just screams "we busted our balls to get these things out before the holiday season."

Also, the fact the the Xbox One runs HyperV with different OS's for gaming and media consumption tells you that they would have had to rework the way party-chat and all those things were done, because they were built into the 360's singular OS. Whether they still have to fix that, or whether it was fixed months ago is up to debate, but acting like they didn't face that problem at all is foolish.

Finally, multiplats having performance problems on the One is probably due to the FUBAR memory architecture. Now that the PS4, like PC's, just has a huge memory pool (PS4 is unified, PC has a huge system memory pool and a 2-4 GB GDDR5 graphics memory pool typically), it's probably the case that developers don't want to deal with managing 32 MB of memory at a time like they had to this generation, because that had to be a huge pain in the ass.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#58_Elite_Bushido_Posted 10/27/2013 11:45:43 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
assassin10133 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Is that confirmation that X1 produces lower res 3rd party games like CoD and BF4, or is that MS dev on that blog post unverified? Well, 900p is better than 720p obviously.

I picked up on that too and was wondering the same thing, sounds like maybe the more difficult programming on XB1 may be the culprit for it's version running slightly lower res than PS4. Other thing I'm wondering is if this confirms BF4 will be at 900P on both XB1 and PS4? Don't remember if PS4 version of BF4 was confirmed 1080P native or not, last I remember hearing was that it was above 720P.

Yeah, probably the RAM, and definitely the wasted 10 percent GPU resources that Kinect gobbles up. It's going to need to show up as a competitive advantage really soon, or there's going to be a hell of a lot more pissed-off gamers.

you mean CPU resource im guessing, tho you must not be all that bright because it doesnt have to be used. let alone not needing that much resource to begin with.
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
FC: 0834-1795-7959
#59GuyFawkes5Posted 10/28/2013 12:18:17 AM
FusionC posted...
famousmortimer is about to post some big earth shaking info about XB1 (or so he says). As soon as he does the Sony fanboys are going to flood the board with whatever it is. So can we just fill this topic with it please so it doesnt take up every spot on the front of the board. Thanks.

highly doubt their gonna listen to your "discuss here" post.
---
Technology keeps advancing, but we as humans are dead.
#60pez2k_Posted 10/28/2013 9:27:48 AM
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

you mean CPU resource im guessing, tho you must not be all that bright because it doesnt have to be used. let alone not needing that much resource to begin with.

Kinect uses GPGPU, it needs very little CPU power. The 10% figure is what's reserved for it to use by the OS - it may not need that much at any one time, but it always has the same allocation.

Even if the Kinect is not plugged in, games have to be written for the lowest specifications available to guarantee they will always run at full speed. No game will try to use more than 90% of the XB1 GPU power as that's the minimum available, in the same way that 360 games could not assume that the user owned a HDD (with the odd exception late in life for major titles like Halo and GTA).

Kinect may be refined during the generation and a lower maximum allocation found, in which case later games on a later OS might be able to use more than 90% of the GPU, but these early games all have to stick to that figure.
---
Fixing Turn10's omissions since 2007, and Playground Games' since 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k