So, Xbox Live on Xbox One is a complete mess. Link Inside

#111khardboredPosted 10/28/2013 6:14:53 AM
Jeremy Conrad ‏@ManaByte 4m

I worked four system launches in retail, but I'm really glad I'm not there for this one. If you are, make sure your return policy is clear.

Eeek.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#112blitz_0623Posted 10/28/2013 6:28:14 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
So that's it right? If things don't pick up they'd just shut down the PS brand just like that? I don't think so.

Think whatever you want. That is exactly what happened to the Dreamcast. They didn't meet the necessary sales in order to sustain competition in the hardware scene, so they discontinued. It is literally that simple.

LOL no it's not. Please STOP comparing this to the Dreamcast situation because it's NOT THAT SIMPLE. Don't take my words too literally. Playstation is an established brand. Sony isn't just shutting it down like Sega did the Dreamcast. First of all, they can get rid of their other departments to sustain the brand itself. I think we can agree it is one of, if not their strongest department. The reason Sega discontinued the Dreamcast is because they wanted to focus on Software. Not that they were in a good situation financially anyway, but it's not purely because they weren't meeting the sales.

If Sony ever goes bankrupt on each level, then sell the brand. PS is not going to disappear just like that. That's what I meant.
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#113khardboredPosted 10/28/2013 6:31:33 AM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3690/10532328234_5e3146afd6_o.png

eeek.
---
#114ScreamingMidgetPosted 10/28/2013 6:35:19 AM
More proof that MS completely rushed this console to release it at the same time as Sony.
#115bob15xPosted 10/28/2013 6:44:06 AM
khardbored posted...
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3690/10532328234_5e3146afd6_o.png

eeek.

really? So people are basing assumptions on a beta they are using which of course will have bugs and not on the final OS version which is in the day one patch?
#116RagnarokxvPosted 10/28/2013 7:55:49 AM
You people should be like me. No brand loyalty.

I will purchase whichever console that has the games I want to play based on exclusivity, quality of multi-platform games, preference and performance of hardware specification, controller and general quality of hardware, etc.

I do not feel the need to hate on a console, even if I deem it inferior. Who the **** cares. If I decide I don't want to buy a particular console that is my decision and I have no desire to influence the opinion of others or express my distaste for the competition. Life is too short.

Also, personally, I will not buy either console for at least a few years until a hardware revision is released; I never buy a console at launch these days. My first PS3 and 360 were the slim versions as I was not willing to tolerate unreliable hardware and a lack of high quality software which is only available at least a couple of years after launch. There are more good video games than I could possibly play available for my current consoles I am in no rush.

You guys should stop wasting your time on this forum talking about video games and actually play video games. It is impossible to have a rational discussion here anyways as most of you are insane.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#117stawg007Posted 10/28/2013 8:52:48 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...

I will purchase whichever console that has the games I want to play based on exclusivity, quality of multi-platform games, preference and performance of hardware specification, controller and general quality of hardware, etc.

I do not feel the need to hate on a console, even if I deem it inferior. Who the **** cares. If I decide I don't want to buy a particular console that is my decision and I have no desire to influence the opinion of others or express my distaste for the competition. Life is too short.

Also, personally, I will not buy either console for at least a few years until a hardware revision is released; I never buy a console at launch these days. My first PS3 and 360 were the slim versions as I was not willing to tolerate unreliable hardware and a lack of high quality software which is only available at least a couple of years after launch. There are more good video games than I could possibly play available for my current consoles I am in no rush.

You guys should stop wasting your time on this forum talking about video games and actually play video games. It is impossible to have a rational discussion here anyways as most of you are insane.

Don't waste your time, fanboys don't understand logic, they're adults with the mind of a young child

Nothing wrong with having a preference but if you have to bash the competition every chance you get because not everyone has the same opinion of that console as you and to reassure yourself that you made to the right choice of console then I guess you didn't choose wisely

Idiotic fanboys are idiotic
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#118khardboredPosted 10/28/2013 8:54:56 AM
I'm not the type of person to regurgitate rumor and speculation. But I follow the industry very closely. The rumors about Xlive being a mess due to offloading the connection API to the games and thus causing issue are shaping up to be true.
---
#119hak145Posted 10/28/2013 10:11:57 AM
stawg007 posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...

Don't waste your time, fanboys don't understand logic, they're adults with the mind of a young child

Nothing wrong with having a preference but if you have to bash the competition every chance you get because not everyone has the same opinion of that console as you and to reassure yourself that you made to the right choice of console then I guess you didn't choose wisely

Idiotic fanboys are idiotic

you people need to grow a sense of humor. honestly i always get a great chuckle from these fanboy debates.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#120MasteroftheArtsPosted 10/28/2013 2:18:59 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
LOL no it's not. Please STOP comparing this to the Dreamcast situation because it's NOT THAT SIMPLE. Don't take my words too literally.

Actually it is. I won't take your words to seriously because it's clear you don't know anything about the Dreamcast and why Sega left. They lost around 400 million off the Japan launch which was huge for Sega at the time. Actually do some research before pretending you know what you're talking about.

blitz_0623 posted...
First of all, they can get rid of their other departments to sustain the brand itself. I think we can agree it is one of, if not their strongest department.

Why would they bother doing this? I've already explained how not only do they not make a majority of their money from their entertainment division, but apparently you just don't get it. The PS3 was a disaster for them, even worse than the original Xbox. Overall, it's estimated that the PS3 lost around $5 billion for Sony. Consoles are routinely loss leaders, meaning that they spur on profit from other avenues although the console itself sells at a loss. What's even worse is that their market share for software in America has not grown, but shrunk due to the 360's interference. Every business analyst that is asked about Sony's financial woes says that they need to drop their entertainment division because it's a black hole. Playstation included.

blitz_0623 posted...
The reason Sega discontinued the Dreamcast is because they wanted to focus on Software. Not that they were in a good situation financially anyway, but it's not purely because they weren't meeting the sales.

No, no, no. Do me a favor and go look up the history of Sega and read about how terrible of a failure the Dreamcast was on top of the dire straits they were in because of the Sega CD, 32x, and Saturn. Everything was riding on the success of the Dreamcast and it tanked. Sony is in the same situation. A company in serious financial trouble that has lost a ton of money on a previous console is now riding on the success of their upcoming one. If this fails, their entertainment division is gone. Period.

blitz_0623 posted...
If Sony ever goes bankrupt on each level, then sell the brand. PS is not going to disappear just like that. That's what I meant.

They wouldn't sell the brand, they would keep it for their handheld consoles which is keeping the name afloat. Mobile gaming is booming right now and it's the logical choice for them to move to just like it's the logical choice for Nintendo to move to if the Wii U continues its abysmal showing.

Don't misunderstand me. Sony leaving the stationary hardware market would be tragically bad. It would return us to the days of the late 80's where Nintendo had an effective monopoly on gaming and strongarmed developers and retailers to do what they wanted. Not to mention that all of this power would be in the hands of the tenth largest company in the world which was notorious for their monopolistic practices in the mid-late 90's. Microsoft being the only game in town (we're not counting nintendo because the Wii U really isn't in direct competition with the other two atm) would be very bad for gamers.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."