The real shocking secret, journalists were trying to keep mum about

#31Special-EddPosted 10/28/2013 5:22:17 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Other people have them, it's just Sessler and his cronies that are complaining about it. Guess they aren't as important as they think they are.

Remember when the PS fellows thought he and his 'cronies' was important enough to quote the cryptic tweets when they assumed it was some almighty bad news of impending doom concerning the Xbox One?

I do. It was around 48 hours ago.

Exactly. It's quite funny now that the smoke has cleared that they are trying to discredit Sessler. I personally don't like Adam Sessler anyway but jumping to conclusions and trying to twist a few vague tweets into "OMG XB1 DOOMED AT LAUNCH CONFIRMED!" only makes them look so much worse.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#32billsfanno1Posted 10/28/2013 5:30:25 AM
Sony fanboys jump all over the silence from MS re: game resolution on XB1, when MS has been clear about 1st party software and it is 3rd party game developers' right/privilege to release this information.

Sony fanboys are okay with Sony saying nothing about lack of PS4 in the wild, RLOD issues and disappointing final game specs with 1st party titles. Sony has a serious transparency issue. PS4 is toxic right now. It may be that Sony is bungling the last month the way MS bungled the first month and everything will be fine come launch day. I'd be damned nervous right now if I had my reputation and money riding on Sony.

Take the worst case scenario for XB1, for me personally, it is better than the best case scenario for PS4. In reality, XB1 is rapidly exceeding expectations and PS4 is rapidly becoming another Sony hype machine.
#33yanksfan4247Posted 10/28/2013 5:33:24 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
1. We knew direct feed wasnt working at launch about a month ago

2. They can wait in line for their consoles just like everybody else. Just because Sony didn't think them important enough to be given a free console pre launch doesn't mean Sony have done anything wrong. Other people have them, it's just Sessler and his cronies that are complaining about it. Guess they aren't as important as they think they are.

You do know they probably wouldn't be able to keep the review units? For example The Verge gets review units of iPhone 5S/5C before they are released. Then when the phones release they upload their reviews and send the phones back. That's why all of them have to wait in lines or order the phone online just like everyone else.

I highly doubt MS is letting them keep whatever review units they receive. And I'm sure Sony would have done the same.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#34Skynet82997Posted 10/28/2013 5:33:39 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Other people have them, it's just Sessler and his cronies that are complaining about it. Guess they aren't as important as they think they are.

Remember when the PS fellows thought he and his 'cronies' was important enough to quote the cryptic tweets when they assumed it was some almighty bad news of impending doom concerning the Xbox One?

I do. It was around 48 hours ago.

Lol - yep.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#35MrImpatient35Posted 10/28/2013 5:36:32 AM
A lot of negative news today.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness (1-Year free), KI3 (F2P)
#36DionysusPosted 10/28/2013 5:40:27 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
A lot of negative news today.
It's worth noting that none of it is news. This whole weekend has been hilarious.
#37SoulTrapperPosted 10/28/2013 5:42:28 AM
This is just sad: journalists getting mad because they don't get free consoles?
Why would journalists get a free console?

I remember back in the ps2 days, journalists waited in line just like everyone else to get access to one.

This is an all new low for game journalism, just pathetic.
#38NSGraphitePosted 10/28/2013 5:48:09 AM
Briankbl posted...
?

So no one sees a problem with Sony not giving out review units early or allowing direct feed video capture from the console? How and why would anyone defend this? Take your damn fanboy glasses off and think about this as a normal, sane person. Not only would it put reviewer's credibility at risk if they published reviews for console games that were played via pc devkits, but also not getting an early review system really damages their ability to provide content to viewers...aka doing their job.

No problems whatsoever. sony doesnt need the mainstream gamejournalists anymore, let alone ghetto ass youtube "journalists" like the Sess and his ilk. i'd rather they give free units to angry joe and alphaomegasin than to sessler.

Social media has made game journalists obselete as far as game reviews are concerned. now anyone with a camera and some spare time can post reviews on. youtube and twitchtv and if they have even a hint of charisma, they'll generate hits. you dont have to be a "journalist" anymore to be a reviewer.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#39XBOXvsPCPosted 10/28/2013 5:54:17 AM
next gen redlighting.input lag.ram cpukiller. master of puppets.drm is fine.mocknomore.whynotit'sfun
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#40djrudenPosted 10/28/2013 6:01:51 AM
"Game journalist" is a lol-worthy term. Any shmuck can give their opinions on video games. Since we are all using the gamefaqs forums we should be well aware of this. I post here about games all the time but I do not expect to be receiving any free consoles for my efforts.