So, considering the whole 720p thing...

#1TrueBlue91Posted 10/28/2013 3:16:25 AM
...I think it's fair to say this really should have been called the "Xbox 720", like people were calling it ages ago.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#2GuitaristMattPosted 10/28/2013 3:24:45 AM
lol, but seriously IMO it will get better.
---
"CoD is also 720p on the PS4 due to the network issues and it was the best way for them to make it playable online. Also PS4 DRM"
-ReviewTechUSA
#3InjusticeRebornPosted 10/28/2013 3:39:07 AM(edited)
:yawns:

Anyway, I'll leave this here: http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-lead-planner-on-call-of-duty-ghosts-resolution-i-dont-comment-on-3rd-party-games-stuff

And if you're lazy, here comes a quote:

Penello:

ďI was talking about the Sessler/Dent/Gies thing which is what I thought was causing all the ruckus, as people appeared to be connecting that back to the resolution rumors. As people have noted, and I was catching up on as I got online late tonight, they are two separate issues. There was also some other BS thing about advertising or console problems (?). Is anyone taking that stuff seriously or did that all die? Consoles are fine, and the advertising thing is completely made up. So anyway, one of them has nothing to do with us. Whew.

ďAs for the resolution stuff I hadnít realized there was a new set of rumors popping up today. On that topic, and as Iíve said in my previous posts, I donít comment on 3rd party games stuff. Not my area. So nothing new from me, Iím not going to get into the fray on the resolution stuff. Gínight! For once I was just glad the other thing wasnít about us.Ē

Like a true impartialist... the author of the article lays the resolution rumour at the feet of Infinity Ward to squash, because it shouldn't be Microsoft's problem. Infinity Ward said the game would run at 1080p/60fps on XOne and PS4, if there are rumours that that isn't true, they should be the ones to comment on the validity of those rumours (and why they lied in the first place if the rumours are true).

The first comment to that article also represents more brain cells than the usual stuff that results from these rumours. Well, until it turned into a this console vs that console towards the end, lol.
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 10/28/2013 5:16:27 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
:yawns:

Anyway, I'll leave this here: http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-lead-planner-on-call-of-duty-ghosts-resolution-i-dont-comment-on-3rd-party-games-stuff

And if you're lazy, here comes a quote:

Penello:

ďI was talking about the Sessler/Dent/Gies thing which is what I thought was causing all the ruckus, as people appeared to be connecting that back to the resolution rumors. As people have noted, and I was catching up on as I got online late tonight, they are two separate issues. There was also some other BS thing about advertising or console problems (?). Is anyone taking that stuff seriously or did that all die? Consoles are fine, and the advertising thing is completely made up. So anyway, one of them has nothing to do with us. Whew.

ďAs for the resolution stuff I hadnít realized there was a new set of rumors popping up today. On that topic, and as Iíve said in my previous posts, I donít comment on 3rd party games stuff. Not my area. So nothing new from me, Iím not going to get into the fray on the resolution stuff. Gínight! For once I was just glad the other thing wasnít about us.Ē

Like a true impartialist... the author of the article lays the resolution rumour at the feet of Infinity Ward to squash, because it shouldn't be Microsoft's problem. Infinity Ward said the game would run at 1080p/60fps on XOne and PS4, if there are rumours that that isn't true, they should be the ones to comment on the validity of those rumours (and why they lied in the first place if the rumours are true).

The first comment to that article also represents more brain cells than the usual stuff that results from these rumours. Well, until it turned into a this console vs that console towards the end, lol.

Awesome read right there, my good sir why haven't you made this into a topic? to hopefully lower the 720p topics on here.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#5InjusticeRebornPosted 10/28/2013 5:40:37 AM(edited)
Exodus_Prime posted...

Awesome read right there, my good sir why haven't you made this into a topic? to hopefully lower the 720p topics on here.

I was hoping, because it was one of the PS crowd creating the topic and trying to take further digs at the Xbox One, they'd all swarm in and join in on the fun.

I assumed incorrectly. Or sensible thought frightened them perhaps? :shrugs:
#6XBOXvsPCPosted 10/28/2013 5:58:01 AM
720 ahead = 4k...not. should be 4KX
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#7ssjgohhkuPosted 10/30/2013 8:44:19 AM
So PS4 can only display 4p lol lol fail lol
#8CyborgTwentyPosted 10/31/2013 2:28:33 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
...I think it's fair to say this really should have been called the "Xbox 720", like people were calling it ages ago.

Lol good idea.
#9embrandedonePosted 11/1/2013 3:43:30 PM
Watch out or MS might trademark the name Xbox 720. They already trademarked the bone.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#10sworderPosted 11/1/2013 3:46:40 PM
InjusticeReborn posted...

That's BS tho

It's not IW's fault that the ESRAM is only 32MB and they don't have enough space to have 1080p at consistent 60fps

Fact is that multiple things can bottleneck the console. It's not that the GPU is weak, it's simply the inferior memory on Xbone. Penello trying to sidestep the subject is hilarious