ReviewTechUSA video gets busted!

#1MrImpatient35Posted 10/28/2013 6:47:44 AM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/28/fud-video-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-by-reviewtechusa-is-complete-bogus-heres-some-damning-evidence/

I actually like ReviewTech. I've been subscribed to him since E3, but his video, and info like it, is blowing up lately, so I thought I'd respond to it.

...there’s a part of it [the video] that proves beyond any reasonable doubt that ReviewTechUSA’s “reliable sources” not only aren’t that reliable, but they don’t even know the basics of game development and of how video game consoles work.

Resolution, or any aspect of the visuals of a game, has absolutely nothing to do with network or online gameplay. Even if you’re playing online, the game’s assets aren’t streamed to your console via the network, but they all reside on your disk and/or hard disk. Absolutely no part of what contributes to generate a game’s resolution or graphics is handled by the network.

If the network was “totally screwed”, like the video claims, the developers would not [reduce] theresolution, but they’d be forced to cut on the number of players, in order to reduce the amount of data passing by the network itself. Yet Battlefield 4 runs with 64 players on both consoles, so it’s obvious that both platforms’ networks don’t suffer from the problems alleged here.

Of course this shows quite clearly that ReviewTechUSA’s “sources” hold no credibility whatsoever. This concept is such an elementary part of game development, that anyone even remotely associated with the industry would know about it, and would most definitely refrain from making such an outlandish claim.

---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness (1-Year free), KI3 (F2P)
#2TransdudePosted 10/28/2013 6:50:05 AM
Buddy, take it for what it is, a rumor. Right now no one knows what's going.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3SoulTrapperPosted 10/28/2013 6:50:23 AM
Yeah, I think most people already figured that out, good to see some confirmation, though.
#4BoomerTheGreatPosted 10/28/2013 6:57:25 AM
So more rumors...Nice
---
Greatness comes from within
#5Skynet82997Posted 10/28/2013 6:57:28 AM
Did anyone really think it was credible?

Guy is just a blogger with an opinion - no real info.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#6EoinPosted 10/28/2013 7:09:24 AM
Transdude posted...
Buddy, take it for what it is, a rumor.

It's not a rumour. It's lies. The whole thing falls apart upon the most cursory of examinations.
#7YeomanlyPosted 10/28/2013 7:16:26 AM
Not going to say this to add anything to the youtuber as he is definatly a satire site, BUT....

Network.Servers can affect resolution, imagine a game running at 1080p just using dedictated servers, then all of a sudden the dedi's are broken and they have to implement P2P, to run this console based code they would have to reduce the resolution of said game.
#8MrSpaM111Posted 10/28/2013 7:37:51 AM
Yeomanly posted...
Not going to say this to add anything to the youtuber as he is definatly a satire site, BUT....

Network.Servers can affect resolution, imagine a game running at 1080p just using dedictated servers, then all of a sudden the dedi's are broken and they have to implement P2P, to run this console based code they would have to reduce the resolution of said game.

Are you ever going to stop babbling meaningless rubbish? you've literally just made that up on the spot
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#9JohnWall32Posted 10/28/2013 7:38:28 AM
lol..op is totally clueless and so is everyone who agreed with him
#10blitz_0623Posted 10/28/2013 7:41:02 AM
JohnWall32 posted...
lol..op is totally clueless and so is everyone who agreed with him

Please elaborate
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS