Has the last console war (Xbox360/PS3) been that bad?

#1Sorceress KnightPosted 10/28/2013 8:26:32 AM
I know they weren't released within such a short timespan...

... but has the console war back in the days of Xbox360 been that bad?
Like PS3 Fanboys came to the 360 Board to lose control and bash everything related to the 360?

I ask myself because every time I come here in hope of some interesting News there are 4 of 5 new Threads about how bad the Xbox One is by people who can't resist to also state how much better the PS4 is.
Threads full of Links to neogaf and whatever sites full of Xbox One bashing.

Can't remember it being that bad between Dreamcast and PS2 as well as 360 and PS3, though there of course were some reassurance Threads floating around stating why the own console of choice is better.

It really is a pity! A waste of time and fun on both sides!
PS4 Fanboys could spend their time so much better, for example playing PS3 getting the Trophies they missed thinking about their soon to be new console...

Imagine this stuff going on with cars, TVs, washing machines etc. ... "Look what I found about Honda! This is proof Toyota is superior!!!! Mwhahahaha!" "I bought a Bosch washing machine because it is 50% more powerful when washing with 95 Celsius compared to the Siemens! This random link from the Internet is proof! Take this you Siemens Guys!" and so on...
---
PSN: Robert_Pelz
Live: Cifer Almasy
#2khardboredPosted 10/28/2013 8:28:43 AM
It was pretty hard on the PS supporters. They were in a similar boat as us Xbox supporters. Fans flaming them, rumors went crazy about all sorts of stuff. It was a bad time to be a PS supporter.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#3knightimexPosted 10/28/2013 8:36:54 AM(edited)
PS3 took the most hits during the first half of the console war.
Wii was a HUGE WTF with a plethora of mixed feelings.
It was smooth sailing for Xbox 360 for the majority of it's journey.

Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube was an interesting time.

Sega killed off dreamcast prematurely. Like, it wasn't even necessary, but they did it anyways.
MS ended up being screwed by Nvidia.
Gamecube had a derp moment and decided to not go DVD like everyone else.
PS2 pretty much won by default.
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#4RebelGameMasterPosted 10/28/2013 8:55:29 AM
Vegeta rips the arms off of Android 19

Vegeta: "What's wrong? You were having fun when you were sucking the life out of Kakarot, and now you don't want to play anymore."

--------------

PS4 enthusiasts rips the arms off of the Xbox boards

PS4 enthusiasts: "What's wrong? You were having fun when you were sucking the life out of the Wii U boards, and now you don't want to play anymore."
---
:)
#5carljenkPosted 10/28/2013 8:56:17 AM
The last console war was actually a well fought close battle...

This one is more of a roflstomp
#6Joey-ZazaPosted 10/28/2013 8:56:34 AM
RebelGameMaster posted...
Vegeta rips the arms off of Android 19

Vegeta: "What's wrong? You were having fun when you were sucking the life out of Kakarot, and now you don't want to play anymore."

--------------

PS4 enthusiasts rips the arms off of the Xbox boards

PS4 enthusiasts: "What's wrong? You were having fun when you were sucking the life out of the Wii U boards, and now you don't want to play anymore."

It's not the same people it's literally been a year. People come and go. To remember such an event is just weird, IMO.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#7youngskillzPosted 10/28/2013 8:58:21 AM
Sorceress Knight posted...
I know they weren't released within such a short timespan...

... but has the console war back in the days of Xbox360 been that bad?
Like PS3 Fanboys came to the 360 Board to lose control and bash everything related to the 360?

I ask myself because every time I come here in hope of some interesting News there are 4 of 5 new Threads about how bad the Xbox One is by people who can't resist to also state how much better the PS4 is.
Threads full of Links to neogaf and whatever sites full of Xbox One bashing.

Can't remember it being that bad between Dreamcast and PS2 as well as 360 and PS3, though there of course were some reassurance Threads floating around stating why the own console of choice is better.

It really is a pity! A waste of time and fun on both sides!
PS4 Fanboys could spend their time so much better, for example playing PS3 getting the Trophies they missed thinking about their soon to be new console...

Imagine this stuff going on with cars, TVs, washing machines etc. ... "Look what I found about Honda! This is proof Toyota is superior!!!! Mwhahahaha!" "I bought a Bosch washing machine because it is 50% more powerful when washing with 95 Celsius compared to the Siemens! This random link from the Internet is proof! Take this you Siemens Guys!" and so on...

it does go on with cars an with other stuff too lol.

part of life, especially for some people who get caught up in it.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.